2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews 9

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
My first Car Crush!
By ecocruze on 04/06/11 04:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 6 speed manual 4 weeks ago. Love the car! Highway:city driving 70:30 split (44.2 mpg/ computer feedback) I'll keep an eye on gas volume in and MPGs out to see if it's accurate. I typically drive for milage but I've played a few times and the car has some quick pick up. The manual turbo and suspension are a blast. This is a fun car to drive and, BONUS!, it will save you cash (87 octane 3.60 a gallon Durham, NC)

Exceeds Expectations
By olathehunter on 04/02/11 20:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Cruze absolutely exceeds my expectations. The engine, while only a 1.8L, has more than enough power for me (and I have owned 2 Camaros and a 300ZX Turbo). I got the LS 6 speed manual transmission. Not because I'm cheap, but I simply don't see the value in most 'extras'. I'm only 2 weeks into owning this car but so far, it was a great decision. PS - Do NOT let them talk you into the GM warranty. You have up to 12 mo/12K to buy it, and it doesn't do anything until year 4 anyway. There is a GM dealer in the SW that will write it up on line for under $1500, not the $2500-3500 the dealer finance scum will try to talk you into.

2500 miles in
By cruzeecoowner on 04/02/11 15:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is great. So glad I bought it. I have averaged 37 mpg in first 2,000 miles and had a good time doing it. I got the black one. Love it.

This is a small car?
By di333 on 03/17/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After more than 20 years of a full size SUV and large sedans, this is a new attempt at a small car. I like the styling, both in and out and the car handles very well. I did get the top of the line LTZ which comes fully loaded. I had been searching for another car, used with less than 40K miles. I found several to my liking but it came down to this: I can buy a used car with 40K or buy this new Cruze for less money. My money was well spent on the Cruze. Beautiful car! Beutiful!

2011 Chevy Cruze 1lt
By cabsahea on 03/07/11 11:40 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car two weeks ago. I test drove the Honda Civic 4dr and coupe, Ford Fiesta, Ford Fusion, VW Jetta, Chrysler Avenger..just couldn't bring myself to drive the Hyundai, nothing against the car but it's just a personal choice..decided on the Cruze based on several factors: 1) quite ride 2) mpg 3) overall appearance was more preferrable to me then the others 4) comfort ...After driving it for 2 weeks I am very impressed with the mpg..I have a 115 mile daily commute, 80% freeway and 20% street..I am blown away by the fact that i have averaging 36.2 miles per gallon!!! This is a huge deal to me because my other car is an Escalade which averaged 16.1 on the same trip..I am very pleased.

Value That Looks and Feels Upscale
By cragman1 on 03/07/11 11:22 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Mine is the 1.8, but with the Automatic 6spd. The car I traded was an 08 Cobalt LS Automatic. I used to feel I had to be embarrased even doing a review on such a basic car, but I actually enjoyed the Cobalt. But, when faced with the reality of the 3 yr bumper to bumper expired, the slightest click or pop in the steering or suspension made me start looking at my next "repair cost free" new car. I looked at the other brands in this price range and soon became dismayed at the cramped drivers area and unavoidable plastic look of the quote "Best Sellers" in this class. The Cruze won me, hands down. Looks. Ride.Pep (yes, Pep.) Interior A++++++++. Show me a Fit,Civic or Corolla as good.

Sweet, Sweet Ride
By jc_cruze on 03/05/11 21:22 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

With gas prices on the rise and my '02 Cadillac STS still struggling to get 20 MPG on the daily 70 mile round trip work commute it was time to change vehicles. Although I purchased the one owner Caddy with 50K on the odometer three years ago it felt and looked like a new car. Replacing this $55K car was going to be a tough task. Then I read all the great things the experts were saying about the Cruze and decided to check it out. My wife was thrilled that I was willing to look at a new Cruze since I had been talking about used BMWs and Caddys or a new Honda Accord that would have been $10K more than she wanted to spend (she handles the household finances).

Expectations Exceeded
By jgenestra1 on 03/01/11 17:02 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up my Cruze about 2 weeks ago and the car now has over 500 miles. My previous cars have been V8 rear-wheel cars (Camaro SS, GTO, G8), but with the longer distance I have to drive to work and the increase in gas prices, it was time for a fuel-efficient daily driver. The Cruze has impressed me in almost every category. This car handles very well for a car in this price range exhibiting little to no body roll and the suspension is nicely tuned. I opted for the 17-wheels and tire package which includes the sport-tuned suspension. In addition, the Cruze drives quietly and smoothly on the highway and is very solid. On the inside the Cruze continues to impress with its interior. I am about 6ft tall and have plenty of headroom (even with a Sunroof). The seats are very comfortable and offer great support. In my opinion Chevy did an awesome job on the overall styling of the interior and it is nicely laid out and the fit and finish is exceptional for this price point. This car feels much more expensive than it is. In terms of fuel-economy the Cruze is averaging 28MPG combined city and highway driving. I expect the average to continue to improve as the miles continue to rack-up. My one minor complaint is with the 6-speed auto. I have noticed the transmission tends to “hunt’ for the right gear particularly when driving slowly. Perhaps the transmission is still “learning” my driving style. However, this is not a huge deal and the positives significantly outweigh this one minor flaw.

Upscale For Compact Sedan
By g6leaser on 02/28/11 04:42 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had just finished my 08 Chevrolet Malibu lease and was looking to stay with Chevy but upgrade on MPG and options. I found a great deal on an LTZ Cruze (fully loaded with nav,leather,sun roof,usb,bluetooth) and so far couldn't be happier. I'm a gadget guy and the interior dash board and controls make driving fun. The leather seats are comfortable and roomy - the rear could use a bit more room but I don't often transport passengers in the back. My only gripes so far is the delayed shifting that occurs on certain gears, not sure if there is an update to the transmission but on occassion there is a bit of hesitation, only slight. I must say that I'm impressed thus far with the Cruze!

Very happy with my Cruze 2LT commuter
By rplimpton on 02/26/11 13:34 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far, I really like this car. It's very solid with no squeaks/rattles. It corners well and has a nice on-center steering feel on the highway. Trunk space is impressive for a compact. The leather seats are very supportive and this is the first/only compact car that I can be comfortable driving (6'3", 230 lbs). The car is too new to judge mpg, but I'm getting 29 mpg combined city/hwy. (Don't expect to get 36+ mpg driving 70+ mph or if you have a heavy foot.) I find that increasing tire pressure from the recommended 35 psi (cold) to 37 psi smooths the ride. If you look closely at interior fit and finish, it's clear that GM was paying attention to them.