2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Great buy
By cyber_soldier on 04/14/11 08:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've driven my new Cruze about 2,000 miles, and so far, it's been my favorite car to drive. The handling is responsive, and it corners well. I'm getting an average of 28 mpg driving in the city with a/c on. While returning from a trip to San Antonio I got 37 mpg with the a/c off staying at 70 mph. Once the turbo kicks in, it has plenty of acceleration. Great commuting to work car; although with this car, I actually enjoy driving anywhere.

If your a large person, forget this car
By cliffie4 on 04/13/11 16:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Performance, ride, handling, quietness, very impressive. I'm an average man, 190 lbs, 5 foot 9 inches tall. The front seats are narrow in the back part of the seat. My ribs hurt being kinda swished in the seat, due to the width being too narrow. Compared to other mid-size sedans, even the Kia sportage, the width if the back is around 1-inch less. I recommend this car to someone slim, if your obese at all, the front seats are too narrow. I'm trading in my car for another Mid-size SUV with higher ground clearance and wider seat backs. Loosing alot of money, but can stand the snug seats. Big mistake. Take this car for extended drive, wish I had.

Watch the wheel
By retzoid on 04/09/11 05:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a Cruze in Feb.2011..Was very satisfied at first now totally dissastisfied. The transmission down shifts very hard . Huge air leaks( wind noise) around front driver and passenger doors. The worst problem is that the dealership has had it for two weeks now. There is a problem with steering column drooping and comming undone for no reason...was told it was a bad column, been replaced 2 times now andwas told it is worse now than at first. No one will tell mewhat is really going on...find it hard that it takes 2 weeks to get a bolt. A representative from Detroit tried contacting me today...Not sure what about...will update when I find out what is going on......Car has less 1000

Disappointed reliability
By golfer60 on 04/08/11 10:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my Cruze last October. Always buy American so I gave GM a chance. Overall rate in most category is fine. Not too crazy about reliability. I have 5000 miles on it. At 2000 miles the thermostat stuck open. No inventory at dealer so I got a rental for three days. Yesterday, at 5000 miles, couldn't open the driver's door from outside. This took 1 hour to fix at dealer. Have to say the dealer is trying hard to please the consumer. Overall gas mileage is 31, highway mileage is 33, kind of disappointing. Will buy a Ford next time since my '06 Mercury Milan is running great with 75000 miles, still with original brakes.

My first Car Crush!
By ecocruze on 04/06/11 04:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 6 speed manual 4 weeks ago. Love the car! Highway:city driving 70:30 split (44.2 mpg/ computer feedback) I'll keep an eye on gas volume in and MPGs out to see if it's accurate. I typically drive for milage but I've played a few times and the car has some quick pick up. The manual turbo and suspension are a blast. This is a fun car to drive and, BONUS!, it will save you cash (87 octane 3.60 a gallon Durham, NC)

Exceeds Expectations
By olathehunter on 04/02/11 20:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Cruze absolutely exceeds my expectations. The engine, while only a 1.8L, has more than enough power for me (and I have owned 2 Camaros and a 300ZX Turbo). I got the LS 6 speed manual transmission. Not because I'm cheap, but I simply don't see the value in most 'extras'. I'm only 2 weeks into owning this car but so far, it was a great decision. PS - Do NOT let them talk you into the GM warranty. You have up to 12 mo/12K to buy it, and it doesn't do anything until year 4 anyway. There is a GM dealer in the SW that will write it up on line for under $1500, not the $2500-3500 the dealer finance scum will try to talk you into.

2500 miles in
By cruzeecoowner on 04/02/11 15:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is great. So glad I bought it. I have averaged 37 mpg in first 2,000 miles and had a good time doing it. I got the black one. Love it.

This is a small car?
By di333 on 03/17/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After more than 20 years of a full size SUV and large sedans, this is a new attempt at a small car. I like the styling, both in and out and the car handles very well. I did get the top of the line LTZ which comes fully loaded. I had been searching for another car, used with less than 40K miles. I found several to my liking but it came down to this: I can buy a used car with 40K or buy this new Cruze for less money. My money was well spent on the Cruze. Beautiful car! Beutiful!

2011 Chevy Cruze 1lt
By cabsahea on 03/07/11 11:40 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car two weeks ago. I test drove the Honda Civic 4dr and coupe, Ford Fiesta, Ford Fusion, VW Jetta, Chrysler Avenger..just couldn't bring myself to drive the Hyundai, nothing against the car but it's just a personal choice..decided on the Cruze based on several factors: 1) quite ride 2) mpg 3) overall appearance was more preferrable to me then the others 4) comfort ...After driving it for 2 weeks I am very impressed with the mpg..I have a 115 mile daily commute, 80% freeway and 20% street..I am blown away by the fact that i have averaging 36.2 miles per gallon!!! This is a huge deal to me because my other car is an Escalade which averaged 16.1 on the same trip..I am very pleased.

Value That Looks and Feels Upscale
By cragman1 on 03/07/11 11:22 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Mine is the 1.8, but with the Automatic 6spd. The car I traded was an 08 Cobalt LS Automatic. I used to feel I had to be embarrased even doing a review on such a basic car, but I actually enjoyed the Cobalt. But, when faced with the reality of the 3 yr bumper to bumper expired, the slightest click or pop in the steering or suspension made me start looking at my next "repair cost free" new car. I looked at the other brands in this price range and soon became dismayed at the cramped drivers area and unavoidable plastic look of the quote "Best Sellers" in this class. The Cruze won me, hands down. Looks. Ride.Pep (yes, Pep.) Interior A++++++++. Show me a Fit,Civic or Corolla as good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in NJ is:

$231 per month*