Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Cruze LTZ got it right!
By richvand

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Chevy Cruze LTZ Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 in Cary, NC. So I have had it for almost 14 months and almost 27,000 miles. Every week, I drive about 183 miles to Richmond, VA to work a 4-day week on a large project as a training consultant. My wife and I initially looked at Toyotas and Fords before going to the Chevrolet dealership. I have previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and a GTO, so I was initially not interested in a 4 cylinder, especially one as small as 1.4 liters. I loved it from the moment I drove it off the lot. And I am still very happy with it. 33 mpg at 79 mph (3000 rpm) on interstates. Great acceleration and not one problem with it. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Acceleration. It is hard to drive conservatively. The body and interior styling is great, the trunk is enormous, the front bucket seats are comfortable, and the sun roof is fun to have. Love the turbocharger, although sometimes there is slight turbocharger lag. But when it kicks in, it feels like you are driving a V6. Of course, the 6 speed transmission helps keep up the rpms for acceleration. For new car tires, they seem to be great--almost 27,000 miles. probably at least another 20,000 to go. Very quite car--makes our Highlander sound like a bus on the highway. Great sound system. Love the OnStar and XM radio. Exellent highspeed cornering--no lean or sway at all!

Suggested Improvements

Although it is a problem with all cars that have turbochargers, try to find a way to prevent the initial slight turbocharger lag when flooring it from a standstill or sometimes when hitting passing gear. Front doors could be a little wider for easier access to the front seats. I am 6'2" tall and my head just clears the roof if I sit tall in the seat. Find a way to prevent rain water from driping into the trunk when raising the trunk lid after it has rained. The high performance tires are a bit stiff. Would recommend a slightly taller tire to give a slightly smoother ride without taking away from the sporty feel.

Should have went to Toyota
By rjcruzedriver

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. 2 days after buying the car new, the windshield cracked along the top and the roof and electronics all flooded. Three weeks past and the car refussed to go into gear and almost caused use to get side swiped. After being treated like a lower life form by the dealer ship and General Motors, we were forced to drive this car. Recently the pile of Cruze failed to shift into gear which caused us to roll back into oncoming traffic and was involved in an accident. This is the last GM product I will ever own, and I hope that Chevy stops getting bailed out. Government Motors, I should have known better.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Go out of business.

Great small car
By jrichmond526

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our 2011 Chevy Cruze to downsize for good fuel mileage. Out LT1 Sedan w/ 1.4L Turbo 4cyl gets about 28-30mpg city/ 32-34mpg highway. We have two small children and this model had more rear seat room than the Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla and Nissan Altima 2.5S we drove. The interior of the car really sold us on it, and it was fun to drive. My biggest complaint is the seatbelt clip restraints are hard to buckle the seatbelt to. My kids have a very hard time with them. They are kind of hidden down in the rear seat and are hard to use on the front bucket seats as well. Overall though, we really like the car. The trunk is very spacious as well.

Favorite Features

Interior dash design, trunk space, overall capacity inside. 16" 5 spoke Chevy wheels are nice, telescoping steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

didn't like the placement of the door lock button near radio, seatbelt restraint buckles are very hard to use, back of front bucket seats should be plastic/vinyl to keep little kids shoes from dirtying seat, wish the center cosole compartment was bigger.

Overinflated Gas Mileage
By arizonaeyes

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car for the gas mileage because I drive over 700 miles per week. I had an SUV that was getting 21 miles per gallon and was promised at least 42 or more miles per gallon with the Cruze. I have never come close to this gas mileage. I drove from Wisconsin to Texas and back . My mileage was 24 miles per gallon. The acceleration on this car is sluggish, there is wind noise that is extreme, the vehicle is not comfortable for any trips longer than an hour.

Favorite Features

The outside of the car is stylish and the dash display and location of controls are convenient.

Suggested Improvements

Be honest about the gas mileage, acceleration and wind noise. Make the seats more comfortable with more lumbar support.

16 month 26k review- still VERY happy
By matheson1977

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car continues to impress me. Well built, dependable, and im getting 35mpg average in my hilly terrain. It still feels like a more expensive car. No regrets trading my lemon 07 Camry for the Cruze. I would without a doubt recomend the Cruze.

Favorite Features

Smart, well designed interior, classy styling, fuel economy, reliability and build quality, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

More off line power would be nice, i would also like to have the 5 door version they get overseas.