2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Chevrolet has a Winner with the Cruze
By rmfiii on 05/12/11 05:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

WOW! What a great car at this low price point. I have the RS model and aside from the great looks the performance is top notch. My combined fuel average is 34 MPG with the 6 speed auto. The interior design especially the dash layout should be in a much more expensive car but the Cruze has it. Seats are comfortable and lot of leg and head room. 1.4l Turbo does a great job as long as you go light on the long pedal. Interior noise at hwy speeds is extreamly quiet for a car of this class. Fit and finish is much better than others in the class. Note: The turbo is designed for gas milage not for speed. You will not be dissapointed with the Cruze. Imports are now comparing their cars to the Cruze.

Amazed
By cruze0414 on 05/07/11 23:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I average about 28mpg and I do mostly city driving. I love a lot of the intuitive features that the car has built in. The doors can be set to unlock as soon as you put the car in park, or not. Its your choice. The bluetooth automatically turns down the air conditioning so your calls can be heard clearly. It is a pleasure to drive a car that handles as well as it does and has all the options that it does for a base model. I enjoy the Onstar back up phone minutes too. Very handy.

Best Value Available!
By slimpeimp on 05/03/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did quite a bit of research on all the latest compact cars coming out and the Cruze Eco was by far the best value for price, features and economy (the new Elantra was in close 2nd but I'd take a turbo 4cyl any day over NA 4cyl). I have about 1500 miles on the car so far and couldn't be more pleased: handles great, quality interior, lot of features and averaging 39mpg (80:20 split hwy/city thru semi-hilly terrain). I was pleased to see how much room is available in the front seat and trunk.

Bang for the buck (paid $15400) 45 MPG! All features
By flyusmc on 05/03/11 11:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow first off, if I drive this car at 60 MPH highway I get OVER 45 mpg!!! I average over 33 combine with just over 3500 miles on it. It is one of the best riding cars out there. I hated the automatic so I bought the manual and boy am I happy I did so. A way better car. I have the connectivity package and paid only 15400 out the door. Smart interior and functional for my 2 kids. Quiet ride also. Plenty of trunk space and a real unexpected treat of a car. The LS is the value king and has most of the features you want as long as you get the $225 connectivity package. This is the first Chevy I have had 0 issues with so far.

47.8 MPG on highway!
By wi54545 on 05/02/11 05:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We were looking for a car to replace my 1987 Mercedes 300TD diesel. My wife was driving our 2004 Suburban and averaging around 14 mpg mixed. It had to get good gas mileage, carry three kids, our luggage, and it had to be a manual transmission! We were interested in the new Focus (ugly even though I love Ford, no stick in upper trim levels) and Elantra (Alien looking and only stick in lower trim). We drove the ECO and fell in love with it's quietness, little turbo motor, and the slick shifting manual transmission. This car will be passed down to our kids in five years. The fact that they can't text and drive is priceless (manual)! On our first trip with 500 miles on it we got 47.8MPG

What an amazing car!
By mikey1978 on 05/01/11 09:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car should be compared with cars in a class above. Corolla and Civic should not be in the same sentence as the Cruze. The quality and fit finish of this car is amazing for the price. I would compare it to an Acura TSX as that seems more appropriate. The quality is evident when you first open the door and feel the heft it has to it and the nice sound it makes when closing. My new Corolla feels really tinny and cheap compared to this. Once inside touch the materials and the controls. Everything has a nice quality feel to it and looks expensive. I cannot believe the turnaround US automakers are undergoing at the moment. Can't wait to have this in my driveway!

Averaging 30 mpg - I Like the technology.
By skycop21 on 04/30/11 00:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I sold my 2008 Vette, and traded in my 05 Hummer H2 for a new Cruze. I test drove the Ford Fushion, Hyndai Elantra (twice), Honda Insight, and yes...even a Prius. I really liked the Elantra's sharp look and was enticed by the 40 mpg. I was about to pull the trigger until I drove the Cruze. It was so much quietier than the Elantra. My drive in to work is about 25 miles one way and is all highway. I needed a new hooptie that got better gas mileage than the 12.5 like my H2. In the first 800 miles, the car computer says that I'm averaging 30.5 mpg. I did the old fashioned calculator way and came up with 29.57 mpg. Not bad with the cruise set to 75. This isn't a Vette or BMW, but nice.

Not quite there yet, but close
By bricknord on 04/27/11 09:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Thought it was time to buy my first domestic since mid-90's. Got a Cruze Eco. Great firm seats and suspension, plenty of power. Super quiet. 37MPG average. Unfortunately, just what I was afraid of and what kept me buying asian--lots of paint defects, A/C inoperative, gauge needles randomly peg full right and back. Thankfully, I had a wonderfully gracious dealer sales manager who let me take my bulletproof Mazda back, since I (and they) were so disappointed in the car. Sad, because I really liked it, but the attention to detail and quality control are still not quite up to the level of the Japanese. I'll give GM another try in 10 more years.

Very, very poor gas mileage.
By disatisifiedd on 04/26/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car because of the gas mileage.and that it was the best value around. I have never got over 21 miles per gallon, and have also only gone only 255 miles on a full tank of gas. Very disappointing with the price of gas today. I also know that driving differs with each person, but at least 1/2 of my driving is on the highway (60 mph), and that I recently gave my old Elantra to my son (at 100,000 miles still gets about 30+ miles per gallon. The car is also sluggish, does not drive like a new car.

36.4 mpg
By cruzeecoowner on 04/23/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've got an eco 6 speed. About 3 months in and 3500 miles I'm averaging over 36 mpg with daily town commute part of the equation. More importantly I love driving the car. It's like rolling a 7 every time I roll the dice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in NJ is:

$231 per month*