2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Chevrolet got it right
By datuttle on 05/22/11 04:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had my Cruze for a week now. This is the first "small?" car that I have ever loved. Incredible fuel mileage, more power than you would expect and it is so much larger than its competition. I drove them all before buying this one. A comparable car from Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Ford or others is thousands more. You need to go with the BMW or Lexus to get the same ride and features of the Cruze. I drove them all and this car really stands out above them.

Should have shopped around more
By eliz34 on 05/19/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I made a big mistake buying a Cruze before shopping around a bit more. The ride is so jarring on bumpy roads (which alas I must drive over) that I get headaches and stomach aches - and this has never happened in any other cars. I suppose if someone is looking for this, then it would be okay. Also, the seats are surprisingly uncomfortable; even the Carmax appraiser said so without my prompting. The driver needs a right armrest. Also, the auto-lock is on the center console instead of on the door, and this gets very inconvenient if you have cargo to deal with in the back seat. I will be taking a hit with my downpayment and looking for a different car. Sorry, Chevy.

Top of the Class!
By micha78 on 05/14/11 19:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car really makes you feel special the second you open the door and see the beautifully designed dash. Cannot say enough about the quality that went into this car from the feel of the soft touch materials inside to the beautiful exterior. To compare it to Civic and Corolla does it an injustice. We own a 2010 Corolla and it is just a boring A to B car with terrible fit and finish inside. With the Cruze, you want to fight for the keys because of how it makes you feel. You really feel like you're driving a sport luxury car and wonder how you got away paying so little. Highly recommend it, you will not go back to the boring boxes on wheels.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR PURCHASE!! (:
By chickenfrieddd on 05/14/11 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Words can not explain how much I am absolutely in LOVE with this vehicle! The design is beautiful and it is so fun to drive. It's unbelievably quiet and it drives VERY smooth. If you're looking for something with luxury but not with a huge price tag, this is the car for you. get MPG as well!

If you need a commuter car, Run
By medgeworth on 05/13/11 05:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I added the Edmunds id after I purchased the car, just so I could add my comments here. I got a new job that required a long commute. I was focused on the Elantra but they were not available for 20K with their popularity. I fell into the Cruze and was surprised by the ECO numbers. I Love the car. I drive in the fast lane, play in the corners and I still get 37MPG. Can't wait for a Road Trip. For the money and the cabin and the MPG - it's a deal Oh yea, i'm 6'4" 240, it fits fine with headroom.

Chevrolet has a Winner with the Cruze
By rmfiii on 05/12/11 05:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

WOW! What a great car at this low price point. I have the RS model and aside from the great looks the performance is top notch. My combined fuel average is 34 MPG with the 6 speed auto. The interior design especially the dash layout should be in a much more expensive car but the Cruze has it. Seats are comfortable and lot of leg and head room. 1.4l Turbo does a great job as long as you go light on the long pedal. Interior noise at hwy speeds is extreamly quiet for a car of this class. Fit and finish is much better than others in the class. Note: The turbo is designed for gas milage not for speed. You will not be dissapointed with the Cruze. Imports are now comparing their cars to the Cruze.

Amazed
By cruze0414 on 05/07/11 23:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I average about 28mpg and I do mostly city driving. I love a lot of the intuitive features that the car has built in. The doors can be set to unlock as soon as you put the car in park, or not. Its your choice. The bluetooth automatically turns down the air conditioning so your calls can be heard clearly. It is a pleasure to drive a car that handles as well as it does and has all the options that it does for a base model. I enjoy the Onstar back up phone minutes too. Very handy.

Best Value Available!
By slimpeimp on 05/03/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did quite a bit of research on all the latest compact cars coming out and the Cruze Eco was by far the best value for price, features and economy (the new Elantra was in close 2nd but I'd take a turbo 4cyl any day over NA 4cyl). I have about 1500 miles on the car so far and couldn't be more pleased: handles great, quality interior, lot of features and averaging 39mpg (80:20 split hwy/city thru semi-hilly terrain). I was pleased to see how much room is available in the front seat and trunk.

Bang for the buck (paid $15400) 45 MPG! All features
By flyusmc on 05/03/11 11:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow first off, if I drive this car at 60 MPH highway I get OVER 45 mpg!!! I average over 33 combine with just over 3500 miles on it. It is one of the best riding cars out there. I hated the automatic so I bought the manual and boy am I happy I did so. A way better car. I have the connectivity package and paid only 15400 out the door. Smart interior and functional for my 2 kids. Quiet ride also. Plenty of trunk space and a real unexpected treat of a car. The LS is the value king and has most of the features you want as long as you get the $225 connectivity package. This is the first Chevy I have had 0 issues with so far.

47.8 MPG on highway!
By wi54545 on 05/02/11 05:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We were looking for a car to replace my 1987 Mercedes 300TD diesel. My wife was driving our 2004 Suburban and averaging around 14 mpg mixed. It had to get good gas mileage, carry three kids, our luggage, and it had to be a manual transmission! We were interested in the new Focus (ugly even though I love Ford, no stick in upper trim levels) and Elantra (Alien looking and only stick in lower trim). We drove the ECO and fell in love with it's quietness, little turbo motor, and the slick shifting manual transmission. This car will be passed down to our kids in five years. The fact that they can't text and drive is priceless (manual)! On our first trip with 500 miles on it we got 47.8MPG