Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

What a joy to drive!
By amous3

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 6 speed manual transmission is such a fun car to drive! It shifts easily and smoothly. It has plenty of safety and convenience features. Trunk space is enormous for being a smaller car. The back seat folds down to create even more space. Driver seat is comfortable even on longer rides. And the price is reasonable! I also love the fuel economy.

Fuel economy, fun to drive, safety features, and plenty of room.

Antifreeze smell and taste
By shadowhawk1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved the test drive! After 14k miles I still love the way it handles. Shifting is so, so. but passable. MAIN Problem - Car reaches full operating temp, if you I use defrost setting Antifreeze smell gets pumped in through the vents. I have to drive with the windows down. I get sick to my stomach and Dizzy & after 1 hour commute I can taste antifreeze in my mouth.. The dealer has seen the car 4 times and had it out of service for 35 days. GM is aware of the issue...says there is no fix. fyi- ingesting antifreeze causes Kidney failure, birthdefects, blindness and centreal nerveous system damage. car is not safe to drive right now.

RS Package, Pioneer Audio system, drivability.

1. find a fix for the Antifreeze issue! FYI- google seach returns hundreds of cars with the same issue. GM has no fix. 2. fix the so so shifting on the transmission.

Everynne says they like their Cruze I don't!
By rabbin

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

When I first purchased my Cruze I was very impressed but before I got my first 150 miles on it. I recieved a warning light that the car needed Serviced immediately! I drove quickly to a chevy dealer and they checked it out and found nothing wrong! So as I drove it happy that it was just some kind of tech. problem! I went about my happy way! However as each mo past it was problem after anouther! Everythng from peeling paint to problems in the sensors in the seats to seats that would not slide To having to replace the cluster pannel to a computer telling me the air bags needed serviced! My first 13 mo. the car has been in the shop over13 times! and MPG's nothing as many others get!

I like how it handles and drives like its looks and many of its features. But my wife and I are fearful over what else could go wrong. In 15 mo. I only have put 9000 miles on it and would love to get rid of it! To me it has been a bad investment! I know every one else in here raves about theirs but from my experience it has not been good! GM is aware of the problems with this one but so far have not been to solve the problem I now have which is fear of more problems!

Make Sure All Cruze's come with Cruse Control! They can have mine back!

Fantastic Automobile
By cruzer11

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2011 cruze ltz in April 2012 the car had 8k miles on it. After test driving several GM cars, the cruze was the ticket. I drive approx. 125miles round trip a day, 25miles of that trip are stop and go city traffic. The cruze is averaging 34.5miles per gallon, On 87 gas. I do have a lead foot so I am very pleased with mpg. The interior of the car is very well layed out, all functions are easy to use an read. The ride and pick-up is great for what the car is. I have no problem passing, merging or quick moves. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great, well built, solid,comfortable, fun to drive, automobile with luxury equipment.

The standard equipment on the LTZ model, Radio sounds great, very quit ride, great handeling with 18" wheels. Transmission and engine work hand and hand with no complaints. The autostick 6sp is very slick and works fast without hesitation..

As of right now not a one.........

GMC should take it back!!
By goosman68

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my new Cruze in Mar. 2011 and have since put 5,000 mi. on it. It is not comfortable on a longer trip. Gas milage sucks. I was under the impression that Chev. had tested the car over 1,000,000 miles, it should be a good car, wrong. I have done my own testing and come to the conclusion that 63mph is its sweet spot to get 36mpg. Thats to slow to drive on an interstate with a 75mph speed limit. I tried 75mph and got 26.6 mpg. My last car was a Vette and going slow is not an opption! Don't even check your in-town mpg, it will scare you.

None worth writing about

Seats need to be a lot more comfortable. I feel that the car needs to be geared higher so you can run with the big dogs and not turn so much rpms. They did this on the 2012 models, they should retrofit the 2011s