2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Check Carefully Specfic Car you Buy
By gozone on 07/28/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I will say I am a Loyal GM buyer so this isnt american car bashing as was suggested by one person on another review. The specific car I purchased and others I have seen on the lot since have terrible build quality issues with the paint and body panel alignment. So far the dealer had the car for over a week and had to basically realign the body panels on the front half of the car and three doors. I didnt notice this on delivery and only came to find them when I had wind noise from a door, the front passenger/rear driver door having issues closing, the hood closing after checking oil. Inspect all body gaps and weather strips closely for gaps. There are other issues with paint.

Put almost 4000 miles on and its rocking and rolling!!
By carrocks on 07/21/11 23:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got this car 2 weeks ago and put almost 4000 miles on it. Always hated small cars do to rough driving feel and there usually very noisy. Was scared to go with the cruze for that reason but totally blew me away when i test drove it how quite and smooth it drove! The handling by far is the best in any compact car and beats most midsize cars iv driven. Interior is nice and roomy and trunk is extremely spacious. bought it love and love it feel like i made the best decision of my life. One complaint though wish it was a little faster does seem slow at times when pushing from start but better then other compacts i have driven in the past.

Not bad...not bad at all
By tinalo on 07/20/11 05:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Got this car to save on gas since I drive 600miles a week to work. Only have 3000 miles on it and already up to 34 MPG. (Hoping it gets up to 42!) I really like the hands free phone feature! Haven't yet figured out the navigation yet though.

Back to US Owned and Made
By 5th_mazda on 07/14/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I always said I would buy a US owned and made car when they came to the table with something that really competes and that I liked. The redesigned Malibu seemed to indicate they turned the corner but was not what I was looking for. The Cruze was. Liked what I saw and read, and bought one a few weeks ago. So far I am really pleased; very good gas mileage (32-34 city/short trips), 6 spd turbo is fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I will report again after I learn more like highway mileage, etc.

Disappointing MPG
By vgehts on 06/30/11 11:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The onboard computer doesn't calculate MPG correctly. Based on records I've been keeping for the past five fill ups I am getting on average 2.5 MPG less than what the computer tells me. Each fill up is pretty much in that same 2.5 MPG ballpark. So instead of getting 32 MPG on 90% highway driving and 10% city, I'm really only getting 29.5 MPG.

3,500 miles into my ECO stick shift....
By howdee on 06/23/11 07:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

...and we finally hit the 42 mark on a trip. We really needed to mind the details to get those #s though. No more 80, try 72 or less. Windows closed, flat terrain etc. Most of our combined average is 36, pretty darn good! We bought the car for a routine 500 round trip and very pleased with the comfort/ride. My one complaint is? ( how many others experience this) Occasional, severe acceleration lag from a dead stop. Dangerous to pull out into traffic. The dealer thinks I'm imagining it since there are no codes and it always fails to occur in his presence.

Good not Great
By jdf2005 on 06/14/11 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this LTZ for a month and still not getting the EPA 36 MPG the sticker shows. Best MPG so far is 33.5! I really bought this car for 36MPG or better. Car runs good has adaquate power...transmission is clunky in shifting. I like the looks and feel of the car. It does drive well on the highway. The front and rear seats do not have enough padding and are uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Have 2500 miles on car so far...if MPG does not get better I will be upset.

So Far Impressed, don't listen to the nay sayers
By peterparker121 on 06/12/11 17:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

WOW, i was looking for a more economical car, had an Impala for the last 6 years, you know, better MPG, without a huge price tag. Got more than I bargined for. This car is sharp. I got the imperial blue metalic, lt rs model. Put over two hundred miles on it in four days. I'm a husky fellow, 5'8" and around 225, and I find this car to be super roomy. If you're one of those people who's shirt tags bother them, you may find it a tad small. Took awhile to get the seat adjusted just right, but once I did, I find myself not wanting to get out of my Cruze. Handles great, not Impala smooth, but pretty dang nice. Blue dashlights on the chrome, STYLING. Love watching the average MPG go up, up, and up.

Love It
By scubaskm on 06/04/11 17:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had this car a week, but I can honestly say, that I have never been more impressed with a car that has been out for less than a year. We are averaging about 27.5 MPG, and with having a lead foot and a car with a Turbo that would be pretty good in my book.

Lives up to the hype!!
By katydid1 on 05/31/11 01:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a loyal Chevy buyer having had a Malibu then three Impalas since 1997. I put alot of miles on a vehicle and with the high gas prices, decided to go check out the Cruze Eco at my local dealer. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked inside and out not to mention the quiet and smooth ride for a compact car. I bought my Eco(the one I test drove) that day and have had it for almost two weeks now. I am already averaging 32mpg between city and highway driving so cant wait to see what it will be after the break in period.