2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Good not Great
By jdf2005 on 06/14/11 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this LTZ for a month and still not getting the EPA 36 MPG the sticker shows. Best MPG so far is 33.5! I really bought this car for 36MPG or better. Car runs good has adaquate power...transmission is clunky in shifting. I like the looks and feel of the car. It does drive well on the highway. The front and rear seats do not have enough padding and are uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Have 2500 miles on car so far...if MPG does not get better I will be upset.

So Far Impressed, don't listen to the nay sayers
By peterparker121 on 06/12/11 17:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

WOW, i was looking for a more economical car, had an Impala for the last 6 years, you know, better MPG, without a huge price tag. Got more than I bargined for. This car is sharp. I got the imperial blue metalic, lt rs model. Put over two hundred miles on it in four days. I'm a husky fellow, 5'8" and around 225, and I find this car to be super roomy. If you're one of those people who's shirt tags bother them, you may find it a tad small. Took awhile to get the seat adjusted just right, but once I did, I find myself not wanting to get out of my Cruze. Handles great, not Impala smooth, but pretty dang nice. Blue dashlights on the chrome, STYLING. Love watching the average MPG go up, up, and up.

Love It
By scubaskm on 06/04/11 17:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had this car a week, but I can honestly say, that I have never been more impressed with a car that has been out for less than a year. We are averaging about 27.5 MPG, and with having a lead foot and a car with a Turbo that would be pretty good in my book.

Lives up to the hype!!
By katydid1 on 05/31/11 01:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a loyal Chevy buyer having had a Malibu then three Impalas since 1997. I put alot of miles on a vehicle and with the high gas prices, decided to go check out the Cruze Eco at my local dealer. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked inside and out not to mention the quiet and smooth ride for a compact car. I bought my Eco(the one I test drove) that day and have had it for almost two weeks now. I am already averaging 32mpg between city and highway driving so cant wait to see what it will be after the break in period.

DID I HEAR THE ECO CRUZE GETS AVG 31/42 MPG
By biguylw on 05/26/11 02:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

NONSENSE!!!! I have been a GM owner for the past 12 years and was always very pleased!! was looking to downgrade one vehicle because of the price of gas and I was drawn to that Ethnic add in a nursing home (VERY POOR TASTE) where the bottom line was 42 avg mpg!! I own this ECO cruze for 2 months now and from day one I had an avg mpg of 19...a far cry from the adds!! I brought the vehicle in 5 times for the same problem and they continue to tell me all is running correctly and does not qualify for the lemon Law!! The law states that if you bring in your car for three (3) times for the SAME reason and they cnnot fix it...you are entitled to a refund or replacement!! I want a repalcement

Chevrolet got it right
By datuttle on 05/22/11 04:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had my Cruze for a week now. This is the first "small?" car that I have ever loved. Incredible fuel mileage, more power than you would expect and it is so much larger than its competition. I drove them all before buying this one. A comparable car from Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Ford or others is thousands more. You need to go with the BMW or Lexus to get the same ride and features of the Cruze. I drove them all and this car really stands out above them.

Should have shopped around more
By eliz34 on 05/19/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I made a big mistake buying a Cruze before shopping around a bit more. The ride is so jarring on bumpy roads (which alas I must drive over) that I get headaches and stomach aches - and this has never happened in any other cars. I suppose if someone is looking for this, then it would be okay. Also, the seats are surprisingly uncomfortable; even the Carmax appraiser said so without my prompting. The driver needs a right armrest. Also, the auto-lock is on the center console instead of on the door, and this gets very inconvenient if you have cargo to deal with in the back seat. I will be taking a hit with my downpayment and looking for a different car. Sorry, Chevy.

Top of the Class!
By micha78 on 05/14/11 19:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car really makes you feel special the second you open the door and see the beautifully designed dash. Cannot say enough about the quality that went into this car from the feel of the soft touch materials inside to the beautiful exterior. To compare it to Civic and Corolla does it an injustice. We own a 2010 Corolla and it is just a boring A to B car with terrible fit and finish inside. With the Cruze, you want to fight for the keys because of how it makes you feel. You really feel like you're driving a sport luxury car and wonder how you got away paying so little. Highly recommend it, you will not go back to the boring boxes on wheels.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR PURCHASE!! (:
By chickenfrieddd on 05/14/11 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Words can not explain how much I am absolutely in LOVE with this vehicle! The design is beautiful and it is so fun to drive. It's unbelievably quiet and it drives VERY smooth. If you're looking for something with luxury but not with a huge price tag, this is the car for you. get MPG as well!

If you need a commuter car, Run
By medgeworth on 05/13/11 05:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I added the Edmunds id after I purchased the car, just so I could add my comments here. I got a new job that required a long commute. I was focused on the Elantra but they were not available for 20K with their popularity. I fell into the Cruze and was surprised by the ECO numbers. I Love the car. I drive in the fast lane, play in the corners and I still get 37MPG. Can't wait for a Road Trip. For the money and the cabin and the MPG - it's a deal Oh yea, i'm 6'4" 240, it fits fine with headroom.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$137 per month*