2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Wife loves it
By mike600 on 08/17/11 16:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

we wanted to downsize into a better gas mileage car.. we choice the cruze for several reasons. we like what GM did, I love the leg room, we liked the spec on gas mileage, it had the heated leather seat opt, in which most of the smaller cars don't have (in the price range)... etc. It drives very nice on the highway.. two long trips so far. one 600 miles to Dallas, and one to southern Colorado... Maintains speed up hills.... to early to tell about the Build Qual and reliability so I gave it a 4... based off other GM cars I have owned... which have been 3.5's-4's

1st American car since 1994
By colosteve on 08/12/11 17:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was a loyal GM guy, but had some issues and bought foreign vehicles for a long time. This Cruze was what brought me back. We were looking to improve MPG and traded my truck for it. Test drove lots of other cars and came back the the Cruze. Chevy really seems to have hit a home run this time. The car is mostly driven by the wife (she loves it), we were both impressed on the test drive...when for a second and took it home. Style, comfort and economy were what we were looking for and this beat the competition hands down. A lot of bang for the buck. Leather, On Star, back-up sensors, remots start all for $23K. You did good GM...maybe I'm back as a loyal GM guy again?

Considering a Cruze Eco for the MPG, you'll be dissappointed
By grockin2004 on 07/30/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just put my first 5,000 miles on my new 2011 Cruze. Living with the car is much different than my first impressions. I commute about 90 miles a day with 90% of my drive time spent on a freeway and the cruise control set at 60 - 65 MPH. Average MPG : 36.6 I reset the meter at the beginning of my work week. By Friday, same result. Seats are a little too stiff for long distances. Arm rests are non-existent. The tiny center console lid slides forward a little, but does not lock into the forward position. Hard to get comfortable. Automatic transmission refuses to up shift until engine is near red line and down shifts too soon when coming to a stop. Irritating at times! Good engine power.

Cruzin in Philly
By cruzinphilly on 07/29/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Chevy got this right! I have a 40 mile round trip commute to work, so I absolutely needed a car that was fuel efficient. I came to peace with the fact that this meant I would more than likely have to drive a small sedan that would cause points to be deducted from my “man card”, but that was not the case with the Cruze. It is quick off the line when you need it and has a good quality interior. I don’t feel cramped when I drive it (I am 6’1 215lbs) plus the seats are comfortable. The car is very well equipped for its price and give you allot features for the buck, like remote start, XM, Bluetooth, and rear park assist for 20k (I paid 20,500 for a 1LT).

Check Carefully Specfic Car you Buy
By gozone on 07/28/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I will say I am a Loyal GM buyer so this isnt american car bashing as was suggested by one person on another review. The specific car I purchased and others I have seen on the lot since have terrible build quality issues with the paint and body panel alignment. So far the dealer had the car for over a week and had to basically realign the body panels on the front half of the car and three doors. I didnt notice this on delivery and only came to find them when I had wind noise from a door, the front passenger/rear driver door having issues closing, the hood closing after checking oil. Inspect all body gaps and weather strips closely for gaps. There are other issues with paint.

Put almost 4000 miles on and its rocking and rolling!!
By carrocks on 07/21/11 23:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got this car 2 weeks ago and put almost 4000 miles on it. Always hated small cars do to rough driving feel and there usually very noisy. Was scared to go with the cruze for that reason but totally blew me away when i test drove it how quite and smooth it drove! The handling by far is the best in any compact car and beats most midsize cars iv driven. Interior is nice and roomy and trunk is extremely spacious. bought it love and love it feel like i made the best decision of my life. One complaint though wish it was a little faster does seem slow at times when pushing from start but better then other compacts i have driven in the past.

Not bad...not bad at all
By tinalo on 07/20/11 05:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Got this car to save on gas since I drive 600miles a week to work. Only have 3000 miles on it and already up to 34 MPG. (Hoping it gets up to 42!) I really like the hands free phone feature! Haven't yet figured out the navigation yet though.

Back to US Owned and Made
By 5th_mazda on 07/14/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I always said I would buy a US owned and made car when they came to the table with something that really competes and that I liked. The redesigned Malibu seemed to indicate they turned the corner but was not what I was looking for. The Cruze was. Liked what I saw and read, and bought one a few weeks ago. So far I am really pleased; very good gas mileage (32-34 city/short trips), 6 spd turbo is fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I will report again after I learn more like highway mileage, etc.

Disappointing MPG
By vgehts on 06/30/11 11:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The onboard computer doesn't calculate MPG correctly. Based on records I've been keeping for the past five fill ups I am getting on average 2.5 MPG less than what the computer tells me. Each fill up is pretty much in that same 2.5 MPG ballpark. So instead of getting 32 MPG on 90% highway driving and 10% city, I'm really only getting 29.5 MPG.

3,500 miles into my ECO stick shift....
By howdee on 06/23/11 07:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

...and we finally hit the 42 mark on a trip. We really needed to mind the details to get those #s though. No more 80, try 72 or less. Windows closed, flat terrain etc. Most of our combined average is 36, pretty darn good! We bought the car for a routine 500 round trip and very pleased with the comfort/ride. My one complaint is? ( how many others experience this) Occasional, severe acceleration lag from a dead stop. Dangerous to pull out into traffic. The dealer thinks I'm imagining it since there are no codes and it always fails to occur in his presence.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$137 per month*