Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Last Straw
By hofmann_brian

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have taken the car into the shop 3 times for problems with overheating, and am about to take it in for the fourth. I was driving home and the overheat light came on and before I could get off the Interstate I was stopped behind a jackknifed truck for 3 hours in weather below 20 degrees. I could turn the car on for 5 minutes and then had to turn it off for 25 minutes. When I was able to get going I was only able to make it a couple of miles before the overheat light came on. At midnight I had to pull off the road and get a hotel even though I was only 45 minutes away from home. This problem has been "fixed" 3 times already. It has not taken 4 years for this car to start nickel and diming me

Blue-tooth

Fix problem with overheating. There has already been a recall to "fix" the problem, but obviously something is still wrong

Cruze Not Clutch
By m7silvestri

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my Cruze new used from a Chevy dealer with around 24,000 miles on it. it was about a year old when I got it. It now has 47,000 and it needs a new clutch. I thought it was bazaar until I did some research on the lifespan of the Cruze's clutch. I found out that my clutch lasted longer then a lot of other people. When I took it to the dealer where I got it from (because it is still under warranty) it was $1600. Judging by the way, the speed, and the confidence of the answer, it is a very safe assumption that the model wears down the clutch fast. The model has only been around since 2011. The car is fun to drive, is nimble, and saves on gas. Only if I knew sooner.

more durable clutch or a more heavy duty clutch

Worst car ever never buying again.
By pattona6

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

bought the first chevy cruze model and the tires that came with it were not good for Michigan weather. at 30,000 miles had trouble with the engine. It stalls on me as well. the breaks are extremely touchy, the blind spots on the mirrors are god awful. it will tell me it needs to be serviced when it doesn't. the tire pressure reading on my car is off as well. at around 50,000 miles my air conditioning stopped working but my heat still works (thank god) but I just found out yesterday I guess their was a recall on it? once again two recalls on that terrible car. but my step mom has the LT and hers does run better than mine. but the mpg in my car is terrible. I DONT EVEN HAVE CRUZE CONTROL.

Nothing but the aux cord import in the consul.

It should have a button for the trunk...every person that gets into my car and has to open up the trunk always asks to open the trunk...and then they can never find the button its so dumb. the seats need more comfort to them. and the way that the seats are moved they should honestly be automatic. its the most confusing thing for people and I always have to help them. and some reason the car interior in my car soaks up every scent imaginable.

Death Trap
By trivera21

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I found a great gently used deal and it turned out to be an absolute lemon. Thermostat housing unit, switch pump valve, hoses, oxygen sensors, spark plugs, ignition coil...you name it, I had to replace it. Engine overheating, check engine light constantly being on, never being able to use the automatic start...This car isn't worth the $300/month payments. I could care less about the gas mileage it gets me, because I'm having to put hundreds into keeping it running. Recall after recall and now brake issues? No thanks. Stay far away. I'm trading this puppy in for a jeep.

Chevrolet needs to take their time when creating vehicles and maybe then they won't have 10-20 recalls on one single vehicle.

Great Little Car
By flrfselscrs

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze new in August 2011 and have driven it 53,000 miles. So far there have been no maintenance issues. I've only had to change the oil every 7000 miles or so, and replace the tires, which are inexpensive.

In addition to costing me very little, the car's performance meets my needs. On the highway, I get 32-37 MPG, but my overall average is 27.5. It has performed admirably in all weather conditions (including heavy snow with a set of winter tires) and even on an autocross course. The car's tiny turbo is a must for me; it's not terrifying to accelerate onto the highway in a Cruze like it has been in other small cars I've driven.

Overall, I love this little car.

low cost maintenance, comfortable interior, huge trunk

awkwardly placed cup holder, loud a/c