Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

2011 1LT Cruze is a GREAT Little Car
By dwalsh2

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have now had this car for just over two years and almost 21K miles. I have never had a car that I enjoyed as much. When I first purchased it, there were lots of little "back to the dealer" fixes, but they were all corrected. I am pleased with the mpg, though I know foreign cars of similar size typically get better. I drive a combination of city and highway and typically get about 29 to 29 mpg. I do not feel like I am driving a small car. Recently, I had a rear-ender in which the other driver slammed into me at a pretty good clip. The trunk lid was damaged and the bumper was, but it wasn't very obvious. I was able to drive away, while the other driver was not.

Quiet, smooth and doesn't feel like a small car. Rear backup alarm. Seat warmers, seat comfort.

Blind spots especially on the driver side could be improved. Arm rest needs to be extendable so that it is usable. Garage door opener in this model would be nice.

Like the cruze, hate the MPG
By easyep

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in an impala for the advertised gas mileage of the cruze, I took it on a road trip to Myrtle Beach SC and averaged 31 mpg, the impala averaged 32 on the same trip on the open road. I contacted GM a number of times and was old there was nothing that could be done, took it in to a local dealership, the computer scan was normal, tried to get GM to trade it back in for another impala, no luck on that either, during this time my wife bought a new nissan versa because she drives around 150 miles per day the versa averages 38 MPG on te open road and if you use cruise control it will average 42/43 MPG. I feel GM pulled the wool over everyones eyes with the MPG on the cruze

Plenty of power for a 4 cyclinder, sporty looks, drives and handles well, rides good for a smaller car and like most of the features on the LTZ.

Dont use false advertising on MPG just to sell cars, greed sometimes takes over though.

More than meets mediocre expectations
By jackstraw93

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The most common complaint everybody has is that there is a problem with the transmission. After test driving dozens of cars in this class and finally buying this one I can say the computer operated transmission is STRANGE but youll have the same problems on all other cars with the ctv transmission. That being said I so far love the car. It is very comfortable in the front seats, and for the price crams alot more technology into it than any other car ive seen in its class. Very quite ride, very smooth ride, and while it's not "Fun" to drive, (I do miss my truck with it's RWD and tire smoking fun) its VERY plesent, very quiet, very very smooth, great on gas if you aren't driving like an idiot

Driver comfort, very smooth ride, very quiet ride, a lot of bells and whistles BUT they aren't tacky or cheap, and aren't in your face. **Also very impressive turning radius, while test driving they showed me you can turn 360 degrees in about the area of 2 parking spaces, a pretty neat feature that I have yet to see any body else mention**

Do something with the transmission, it can be jerky and slow to respond. It's not broken, its not crappy, its overly technical and computorized for its own good and is a problem that plagues all cars with it, not just the cruze. the Sentra I found to be even worse as far as delays in engine response. A little more power would also be nice, as well as Rear Seat Leg room. its tight back there.

bad experience
By the_master1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my Honda Accord for 2011 Chevy Cruze 1LT with 17000 Mileage, convising my self that buying American brand would be the best decision! but i guess i was wrong. the problems with this care started 2nd week: noise in dash board, transmission shift very hard, I took the car to 4 GM dealer they all said it s normal " the transmission learning how you drive" really? I Drove to Detroit twice i meet with the head of customer service, and complain Dep but they did not do anything! this car is a trash and the new transmission that GM Praise is a joke! when the temperature drop below 30 you are screwed. after owning the car for 8 months (waisting money, time..) i traded to better quality.

save you money and time stay away from Cruze

Great Car
By kal1963

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Much improved quality over the Cobalt! 16000 miles and no interior noises or rattles. Car handling very responsive and fun to drive. Constant 37 mpg everyday driving - 60 miles per day commute. Very satisfied with this car.

Automatic climate control, remote start w/heated seats & rear defrost auto turn on, handling, performance, and great gas mileage.

Dual zone heat.