2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Great small car
By jrichmond526 on 01/06/12 13:28 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our 2011 Chevy Cruze to downsize for good fuel mileage. Out LT1 Sedan w/ 1.4L Turbo 4cyl gets about 28-30mpg city/ 32-34mpg highway. We have two small children and this model had more rear seat room than the Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla and Nissan Altima 2.5S we drove. The interior of the car really sold us on it, and it was fun to drive. My biggest complaint is the seatbelt clip restraints are hard to buckle the seatbelt to. My kids have a very hard time with them. They are kind of hidden down in the rear seat and are hard to use on the front bucket seats as well. Overall though, we really like the car. The trunk is very spacious as well.

Overinflated Gas Mileage
By arizonaeyes on 01/06/12 01:19 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car for the gas mileage because I drive over 700 miles per week. I had an SUV that was getting 21 miles per gallon and was promised at least 42 or more miles per gallon with the Cruze. I have never come close to this gas mileage. I drove from Wisconsin to Texas and back . My mileage was 24 miles per gallon. The acceleration on this car is sluggish, there is wind noise that is extreme, the vehicle is not comfortable for any trips longer than an hour.

16 month 26k review- still VERY happy
By matheson1977 on 12/14/11 13:40 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car continues to impress me. Well built, dependable, and im getting 35mpg average in my hilly terrain. It still feels like a more expensive car. No regrets trading my lemon 07 Camry for the Cruze. I would without a doubt recomend the Cruze.

Six month update
By katydid1 on 11/23/11 22:06 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I previously wrote a review on my Cruze Eco over 5 months ago after having it for two weeks. Well, it's been six months now and I am still really happy with it and I am now averaging 34.5mpg between half highway and half city driving. I did drive over 500 miles each way to Ohio and it performed well and was very comfortable too. I am also very proud to own a Lordstown-made Cruze as I grew up very close to there and know that it was made well by good local UAW workers.

1 year review, love our Cruze
By ricksreview on 11/01/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have over 25,000k already. The Cruze has been very dependable. It continues to feel solid and well built. We are getting average of 38mpg with a loaded model with automatic transmission. Bought as a commuter car and we could not be more pleased with it!

***BUYER BEWARE***POOR RELIABILITY WITH THE LOWEST-SCORE AVAILABLE, ACCORDING TO CONSUMER REPORTS...
By waltchan on 10/26/11 16:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I hate this car now. I have been scammed and tricked from General Motors with all these flashy advertisements claiming better quality and reliability. Yeah, right... The Chevrolet Cruze scored the LOWEST in reliability of any small sedans, and it's rated at the very-bottom of the chart, with a poor (black dot) reliability score, according to Consumer Reports. How can this be quality??? The new, over-hyped 2011 Chevrolet Cruze is NOT any better than the 1980 Chevrolet Citation we had before with the same, poor reliability score as well. I now will learn to never buy any American-name car without waiting for Consumer Reports advice. GM should refund my money for false claims on reliability.

ECO M/T STAY AWAY! ---- Bad GM cust. service!
By cruzect11 on 09/06/11 19:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got my 2011 cruze eco just over 2 months ago after having a cruze lt auto as a rental which was great! But now with my eco since day one if you have the ac on and you put it in first gear and give it some gas the car shuts off yes totally dies! Been almost hit tons of times pulling out places and sitting in traffic. The car sat at the dealer for over a month after they so called cant find anything wrong with it i get it back and it dies that day. Long story short this isnt the only cruze eco with the problem and chevy will not stand behind their product! The car is nice and rides good but thats when it runs. Stay far away from the eco! Anyone looking at any GM product cust service is BAD!

GM's Volvo?
By thkpic on 08/25/11 16:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Has enouph character to challenge a mid-size while dominating the B-segment. With a moderately raked side profile, swooping tail lights and corporate grill there's enouph design oomph to keep you interested either at the grocery store or in the showroom. Get inside and the quite cabin spanks you with sophistication while trying to detract you from the few hard plastics scattered about. The center consoles easy straight forward layout makes changing the channel, locking the doors or plugging in a IPOD childs play.

Cool little Chevy
By lilchevy on 08/24/11 19:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I do have to say that this is the first Chevy I've owned and I like it very well. My father is retired from GM and put me onto the Cruze and it has been a great value. Gets pretty good gas mileage,looks good, and the OnStar/XM radio freak'n rocks! I got the LS base model and hey for the money the car is really nice. The interior is laid out very well and the trunk space is more than I expected plus the ride quality is freak'n awsome. I'm glad i bought it!

Excellent Performance/MPG Balance
By 5th_mazda on 08/19/11 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really fun to drive. We have the six speed and it really excellerates through each shift especially just above 3000 rpm when you can feel the turbo come on. We have also been pleased with the local driving gas mile of 33-34mpg but I was looking forward to see what we would get taking daughter to college. Just got back and were very pleased! Fully loaded on trip down averaging 65-70mph on first tank 39.6mpg, second tank ave 75-78mph got 36.4 and then on way back with just two of us on first tank ave 75-78 40.8mpg and second tank ave 65-68mph 43.2mpg. I think this is great for a car that is not a hybred and does not look like a hybred! US owned and made - nice job!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$137 per month*