Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

2011 chevrolet cruze
By KW

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Every two to three months engine light comes on. Thank goodness we got the extended warranty! Car is comfortable to drive but poorly made! Replaced water pump etc seems to be the norm. After 3 previous visits engine light is on again! Problem seems to lie in the heating/cooling system ( with my car). High humidity last few days, used air conditioner and bam!! engine light on. Over the winter, use the heat too often (daily) and engine light comes on, sounds like a pickup truck sitting in your lap. Car is not worth the money or the frustration. Do not buy!!!
This winter 2015/16 my opinion of the Cruze has not changed. If the dealerships know the issues, they are not doing much to rectify the problems. I find it unacceptable that so many items must be replaced well before the car reaches 50,000 miles.

Poor Quality
By Patty Chaffee Herr

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to replace the air compressor at 3000 miles, The entire backseat upholstery tore loose and had to be restrung, It stopped running at 40000 miles, just after my warranty was out. I had to replace a sensor. My car turned over to 54000 and the water pump went out. Now it has 54500 and the check engine light is back on for who knows what. Tried to trade it in and I am negative about $4000, This car is a joke and I wish I had never bought it !!!So dissatisfied. This is only a disposable little car which doesn't last until it is even paid for.

great mpg's yes, build quality not so much.
By cjonesls7

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like the title says. I bought this car used. I wasn't expecting a new car but I was expecting some kind of stand. Interior is clean and roomy, leather seats a little hard, LCD is a nice touch and the upgraded sound system is great in theory.

In the 6 months I have owned this car ,mind you nothing was wrong with it when I bought it. I now have two blown out subs, check engine light that repeatedly comes on, steering wheel that is falling apart and a transmission I am convinced thinks it's supposed to be a manual. not impressed and I have owned a boat load of chevys. this by far is the absolute worst I have ever had. my 16 year old trans am that has a dead fuel pump has more value to me.

Take pride in your work. this may be the last gm product I buy after owning, 02 z28, 07 Monte Carlo ss, 99 trans am, 99 gtp, 89 celebrity, 95 grand am, 09 g8 gt, and have been saving for a corvette.

I love this car!! Really.
By Kirk Paulding

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Cruze NEW in the spring of 2011. It is metallic black with the cocoa/light neutral interior. We have almost 61,000 miles on this car and it is my wife's commuter car. She averages 27-28 mpg. Our Cruze handles quite well with excellent 'road feel'. This car looks awesome inside and out and is surprisingly comfortable in the front (IMHO). Other than a leaky water pump, which was replaced under warranty (our dealer also flushed out the cooling system at NC) and a minor transmission leak, also under warranty, this vehicle has been a joy to own. Our dealer's service department is exceptional and puts the customer first (my personal experience).

Heated seats, heated side-view mirrors, hands free phone calling (and remote start via smart phone app), electronic tire pressure monitoring system, large trunk, backup sensors, peppy engine, and excellent brakes. As I stated above, I think that the exterior styling is OUTSTANDING for a car in this class. To me, looks matter.

An adult size center arm rest. The one that comes with the Cruze is quite small. Also, I think that ALL cars should have heated side-view mirrors as standard safety equipment. It makes a huge difference in snow country.

Last Straw
By hofmann_brian

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have taken the car into the shop 3 times for problems with overheating, and am about to take it in for the fourth. I was driving home and the overheat light came on and before I could get off the Interstate I was stopped behind a jackknifed truck for 3 hours in weather below 20 degrees. I could turn the car on for 5 minutes and then had to turn it off for 25 minutes. When I was able to get going I was only able to make it a couple of miles before the overheat light came on. At midnight I had to pull off the road and get a hotel even though I was only 45 minutes away from home. This problem has been "fixed" 3 times already. It has not taken 4 years for this car to start nickel and diming me

Blue-tooth

Fix problem with overheating. There has already been a recall to "fix" the problem, but obviously something is still wrong