2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Not one regret
By maxzillian on 10/01/12 14:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car three weeks ago, used with 17,500 miles. I have since logged over 500 miles of mixed driving and so far my experience has been extremely positive. With mixed driving of 70% highway and doing one autocross event, the car still managed 35 mpg. Color me impressed! Handling is crisp and firm, reminding me of cars I've driven while in Europe. Even at 6'4", I find this compact car to be comfortable to drive, but rear seat space is lacking... it is a compact car after all. I find the 7-8 mpg gain over the typical midsize was worth sacrificing a little comfort for what few passengers I carry. Long story short, it's an economical car without the economy feeling.

My first new car since 2000 and I really like it!
By jemof2 on 09/10/12 08:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have read some post about the throttle response and I do agree. When starting from a complete stop, it seems to take forever to get going - I may try to put it in manual mode and see if it does the same thing. Also, when stopped on an uphill incline, I get a big jerk when I hit the gas to get out in traffic. Otherwise, this car is great! I traded in a 99 Caddy Seville for it because of all the problems it had. All I have done to this car so far is oil changes and I am at 21K miles. I am so happy to have a reliable car again!! I have children and the Caddy was constantly leaving us stranded on the interstate.

HATE THIS CAR!!
By sshotwell756 on 08/22/12 19:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but problems from day 1! Transmission, windows, doors, brakes, ac and to top it off it pulls to the right and they can't seen to get it fixed. Every single time it goes into service it's there at least a week and the last time 2 weeks. I have never had such a bad experience with a vehicle but this has ruined the excitement of buying a new car. It never even smelled new. The gas mileage sucks. I was told 28 mpg in the city and 42 on the hwy and it doesn't even come close. It's getting 20 - 22 city and 32 on the hwy. I don't know about other owners but I will never buy another Chevrolet.

Chevy Cruze 2012
By wildcatmom on 08/20/12 04:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fantastic car! I really like it. It seems a little snug at first but anything that it might lack in comfort it more than makes up for on the road. Gas mileage is unbelieveable and it handles well. Not like the 4 cylinders I remember from way-back-when.....definitely check this car out before you buy a any other!

Terrible Transmission!
By jennmck on 08/17/12 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Transmission shifts hard which causes you to be jerked. It's like if someone were popping a clutch and this is in automatic!!! I have had it in the shop for the recalls and the transmission has been looked at twice. The 'computer' says it's fine. It is not fine. I filed a complaint with GM and they tried to work with the dealership on putting me in something else but nothing can be done unless I want to fork over money.

Chevy Curse
By speedemonjoker on 08/08/12 16:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recalls!!! The Steering is numb with little feedback, the Brakes are soggy, and the trany shifts awkwardly. Worst is the throttle response which is unpredictable and Dangerous at times, such as when you’re crossing a busy street. The interior is nice to sit in and use, but is ugly to look at. Featuring chrome, matte, glossy, brushed and textured surface and so many different color lights and displays this interior is schizo and totally uncoordinated.

Wonderfully Perfect,Sporty,Luxury at an affordable price
By jjj1989 on 07/19/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought My Cruze brand new In 2011, I drove off the lot with only 7 miles on the ODO. I now have 25750 miles on It. Happy to state that I've never had any problems with my car. This is a wonderful car for a starter family, or for anyone who wants to own a new car at an affordable price. It's more value for the money than Toyota Corolla,Honda Civic, It's quieter, Much better then Any other car I test drove. For a first year vehicle reliability Has been above average for me. Plus It has a nice luxury look to the vehicle at a great price. Ignore the people that complain about it, their either the ones that drive like maniacs or the ones who do not keep up with the Maint.

By nolikecheve on 07/07/12 08:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze in Nov of 10. I have had shifting issues from the get go. The dealership made me feel like it was all in my head. Since I have hit the 18000 mile mark, I have had nothing but problems with the transmission and electrical system. I have had it in the shop 6 tims in the last 2 mths and to 2 different dealerships. I was told that there is nothing they can do to fix my car. I was back there just this morning with the tire pressure sensor. It is not the firs time... It keep saying my rt front tire need air AND the just roated my tires 2 weeks ago. What is up with that?

Lemon Cruze
By lemon27 on 06/10/12 19:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a brand new 2011 chevy cruze in may 2011. It was in the shop 6 different times during the time that i had it (around a year) we have just sold it and took a loss of $4,000 but i was just glad to get out from under my Lemon car. We tried to contact GM for around three weeks and all we got was the run around and voicemails. The least they could do is talk to there customers and listen to what they have to say instead of avoiding them but they don't care because they already have my money and it was nothing out of there pockets.

What a joy to drive!
By amous3 on 05/22/12 06:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 6 speed manual transmission is such a fun car to drive! It shifts easily and smoothly. It has plenty of safety and convenience features. Trunk space is enormous for being a smaller car. The back seat folds down to create even more space. Driver seat is comfortable even on longer rides. And the price is reasonable! I also love the fuel economy.