3,500 miles into my ECO stick shift....
By howdee on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
...and we finally hit the 42 mark on a trip. We really needed to mind the details to get those #s though. No more 80, try 72 or less. Windows closed, flat terrain etc. Most of our combined average is 36, pretty darn good! We bought the car for a routine 500 round trip and very pleased with the comfort/ride. My one complaint is? ( how many others experience this) Occasional, severe acceleration lag from a dead stop. Dangerous to pull out into traffic. The dealer thinks I'm imagining it since there are no codes and it always fails to occur in his presence.
Favorite Features
Styling, room for 6'2" driver or passenger on long trips with comfort.
Suggested Improvements
rework bluetooth/onstar personal cell phone integration, 1 button fuel/mileage resets
By lexan1965
on 07/03/11 02:53 AM (PDT)

The lag you experience when stepping down onto the gas pedal from a dead stop is the "turbo lag". There's about a 2 second lag for the turbo to "rev" up and then hold on....you will move after that! I have experienced the same thing.

By tj9924
on 07/11/11 12:44 PM (PDT)

I have not had any problems pulling out fast with my ECO. If you don?t time the clutch and gas right to keep the RPMs up you will get the lag, but it is more do to the low RPM than the turbo.