Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Worst car ever never buying again.
By pattona6

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

bought the first chevy cruze model and the tires that came with it were not good for Michigan weather. at 30,000 miles had trouble with the engine. It stalls on me as well. the breaks are extremely touchy, the blind spots on the mirrors are god awful. it will tell me it needs to be serviced when it doesn't. the tire pressure reading on my car is off as well. at around 50,000 miles my air conditioning stopped working but my heat still works (thank god) but I just found out yesterday I guess their was a recall on it? once again two recalls on that terrible car. but my step mom has the LT and hers does run better than mine. but the mpg in my car is terrible. I DONT EVEN HAVE CRUZE CONTROL.

Nothing but the aux cord import in the consul.

It should have a button for the trunk...every person that gets into my car and has to open up the trunk always asks to open the trunk...and then they can never find the button its so dumb. the seats need more comfort to them. and the way that the seats are moved they should honestly be automatic. its the most confusing thing for people and I always have to help them. and some reason the car interior in my car soaks up every scent imaginable.

Death Trap
By trivera21

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I found a great gently used deal and it turned out to be an absolute lemon. Thermostat housing unit, switch pump valve, hoses, oxygen sensors, spark plugs, ignition coil...you name it, I had to replace it. Engine overheating, check engine light constantly being on, never being able to use the automatic start...This car isn't worth the $300/month payments. I could care less about the gas mileage it gets me, because I'm having to put hundreds into keeping it running. Recall after recall and now brake issues? No thanks. Stay far away. I'm trading this puppy in for a jeep.

Chevrolet needs to take their time when creating vehicles and maybe then they won't have 10-20 recalls on one single vehicle.

Great Little Car
By flrfselscrs

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze new in August 2011 and have driven it 53,000 miles. So far there have been no maintenance issues. I've only had to change the oil every 7000 miles or so, and replace the tires, which are inexpensive. In addition to costing me very little, the car's performance meets my needs. On the highway, I get 32-37 MPG, but my overall average is 27.5. It has performed admirably in all weather conditions (including heavy snow with a set of winter tires) and even on an autocross course. The car's tiny turbo is a must for me; it's not terrifying to accelerate onto the highway in a Cruze like it has been in other small cars I've driven. Overall, I love this little car.

low cost maintenance, comfortable interior, huge trunk

awkwardly placed cup holder, loud a/c

70000 miles+ Average car
By stcornish

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2011 Cruze with 1.8L engine with automatic transmission. I have had the car in for I major issue. The transmission housing broke. Chevy replaced it under warranty. The dealer said it was something they never seen before. The good is the car is quiet and the ride is comfortable. I am needing new tires so 70000 miles is good. Also I got 3 years of oil changes in the deal so I so far have no out of pocket expenses. The bad is the fuel mileage of 27.8 ave. I was hoping for 30+. The ugly is the transmission program. It alway is going to the highest gear as fast as possible. There is a three second delay for down shifting as it finds the right gear which almost got hit.

The stereo is good. The bluetooth works great with my phone.

There is a antifreeze smell occasionally after the car warms up. I have read this in many review. The transmission shifting sequence needs to stay in lower gears longer. Chevy does this to improve gas mileage but it is dangerous when you need to accelerate quickly. There is a delay. Also the transmission shift are not smooth.

My third & final review
By tat1739

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I now am looking forward to selling my Cruze. Tomorrow I will be back in the garage for a third transmission leak issue. In addition to a water pump recall and an additional leak, and a radiator leak, and a recall on brakes, and a loose motor mount, I am officially done with this car. I remain satisfied with the interior, but feel that the exterior is looking 'dated' with new car styles coming out. It does still get 40 mpg, when I drive on cruise, within the speed limit, on flat hwys and without cargo or passengers. Otherwise, expect 27-32 mpg. As a former Civic owner of 10 years without even one single issue, the car does not impress.

Dash remains impressive. Turbo charge on the 4 cylinder is a must-have; the engine will respond on sudden demands of speed. Auto start is another must have in the winter; this engine HATES cold weather!!! (My Civic, on the contrary, didn't care - it was always ready to go.) Blue tooth and bumper sensors are appreciated and should be mandatory on all cars.

The armrest remains annoying; simply put, it is too small and short. I am 5'5" and drive with my seat far back and my legs & arms fully extended - and even then, my elbow will not reach. With all the engine issues, the car is fully unreliable to me at this point. If not for this, it would be a good commuter car or round-the-town car. With cargo or even one additional passenger, the engine loses gumption; shifting becomes pronounced and labored.