Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

On way to junk yard
By Your mom

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

trash car. repair constantly. put two radiators in. 6 serpintine belts. a/c comprssor. transmission. motor. 4 alternators. new horn. new rear axle. new heaedlights. car is nightmare.ipractically built my own car. i put 32,000 dollars into this car. car is not spacious. my daughter doesnt ave enough room.

Junk
By Jcommons

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Save yourself a Head ache!!!! I had my cruze 6 months. Bought it at 60,000 ran hot 2nd week air compressor was fried and Im starting to have issues with my transmission pulling. First chance i get it has to go!!!!

Wonderful car so far at 47K Miles!!! Base Manual..
By Jeremy

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have had fabulous luck thus far with my 2011 Cruze LS, Base Model, 6 speed stick! I would say, if you buy this vehicle, get the 6 speed manual and the base 1.8L engine model. Less to go wrong, and plus the stick shift operates very, very good and has a lot of power(Pick-Up) and is very easy to shift. Way cheaper, too! Is fairly easy on gas. I get 32 miles per gallon with 3 people in the car, mixed driving(Combined). Pretty good! Only problem I've had is a bad thermostat. It went bad at 43K Miles, and was replaced under warranty. After 4.5 years of ownership, I still have the original brakes. One issue, and I guess maybe I'm lucky...is that every once in a while, when I turn the key to start the car up, it fails to start on the 1st turn, but it always fires right up on the 2nd turn! So no issue at all. So far anyway. I get my oil changed every 6K Miles at the dealer's Quick Lube place. These new GM vehicles take a part synthetic oil, called Dexos I think, so make sure you know that. If you take care of your Cruze(Routine Maintenance), it will take care of you! That has been my experience so far at 47K Miles. I am very happy I didn't get a Lemon! It can happen to some people on the electrical systems mostly, like my last car, an 04 Impala. But the Cruze, no such issues!! Solidly built car here!

worse car i have ever owned
By Lola Beck

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

this car is not up to my standards. I will never buy another cruze. my car left me sit (they put in a new battery and cable) twice my spark plugs came loose. my car stalled out 4 days after replacing the battery. I get messages on my display "service esp" "service traction control" "brake fluid is low". my brake vacuum valve was replaced , all on a car with less than 36,000 miles. I have my car serviced every 3 months at red lion Chevrolet. I like the service department, they treat me well. I also own a 1988 ford tarus. i might have to go back to ford. sincerely, lola beck

Not worth buying
By Julia

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a piece of junk! Definitely not worth the money! We have had our Cruze in the shop numerous times with coolant system problems!!! Really Chevy!! How many bad reviews from unhappy customers are you going to get on this car? This is ridiculous!! We certainly won't be buying another Chevy!!

• SUV