Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

If you need a commuter car, Run
By medgeworth

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I added the Edmunds id after I purchased the car, just so I could add my comments here. I got a new job that required a long commute. I was focused on the Elantra but they were not available for 20K with their popularity. I fell into the Cruze and was surprised by the ECO numbers. I Love the car. I drive in the fast lane, play in the corners and I still get 37MPG. Can't wait for a Road Trip. For the money and the cabin and the MPG - it's a deal Oh yea, i'm 6'4" 240, it fits fine with headroom.

Favorite Features

Base cabin features, the engineers who give me this kind of mileage without hybrid.

Suggested Improvements

better display graphics maybe but if it means too much money, it's ok.

Chevrolet has a Winner with the Cruze
By rmfiii

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

WOW! What a great car at this low price point. I have the RS model and aside from the great looks the performance is top notch. My combined fuel average is 34 MPG with the 6 speed auto. The interior design especially the dash layout should be in a much more expensive car but the Cruze has it. Seats are comfortable and lot of leg and head room. 1.4l Turbo does a great job as long as you go light on the long pedal. Interior noise at hwy speeds is extreamly quiet for a car of this class. Fit and finish is much better than others in the class. Note: The turbo is designed for gas milage not for speed. You will not be dissapointed with the Cruze. Imports are now comparing their cars to the Cruze.

Favorite Features

Great Gas Milage Interior design and dash layout Great exterior looks Manual shift option 6 speed transmission 10 Air Bags! Easy bluetooth paring and operation Cruise control settings displayed for easy view Large trunk space Steering exceeds expectations The ride is Great The price is better!

Suggested Improvements

A larger armrest but the one in the car is ample Instant fuel economy display for all models along with the average fuel economy. (This feature only avail on the ECO Model)

Amazed
By cruze0414

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I average about 28mpg and I do mostly city driving. I love a lot of the intuitive features that the car has built in. The doors can be set to unlock as soon as you put the car in park, or not. Its your choice. The bluetooth automatically turns down the air conditioning so your calls can be heard clearly. It is a pleasure to drive a car that handles as well as it does and has all the options that it does for a base model. I enjoy the Onstar back up phone minutes too. Very handy.

Favorite Features

bluetooth, intuitive chevy engineering, auxillary jack, usb connectivity, ability to save 30 fav stations, design of interior, design of exterior, Onstar and well everything.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the air conditioning vents weren't sitting vertically. The air often winds up hitting my steering wheel before hitting me and on hotter days, that can be annoying.

Best Value Available!
By slimpeimp

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did quite a bit of research on all the latest compact cars coming out and the Cruze Eco was by far the best value for price, features and economy (the new Elantra was in close 2nd but I'd take a turbo 4cyl any day over NA 4cyl). I have about 1500 miles on the car so far and couldn't be more pleased: handles great, quality interior, lot of features and averaging 39mpg (80:20 split hwy/city thru semi-hilly terrain). I was pleased to see how much room is available in the front seat and trunk.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, turbocharged engine, integrated OnStar navigation and smartphone app

Suggested Improvements

Need 2 12V plugs for electronics, direct injection would've been nice for even better fuel economy and power.

Bang for the buck (paid $15400) 45 MPG! All features
By flyusmc

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow first off, if I drive this car at 60 MPH highway I get OVER 45 mpg!!! I average over 33 combine with just over 3500 miles on it. It is one of the best riding cars out there. I hated the automatic so I bought the manual and boy am I happy I did so. A way better car. I have the connectivity package and paid only 15400 out the door. Smart interior and functional for my 2 kids. Quiet ride also. Plenty of trunk space and a real unexpected treat of a car. The LS is the value king and has most of the features you want as long as you get the $225 connectivity package. This is the first Chevy I have had 0 issues with so far.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, and Iphone App (free download).

Suggested Improvements

Remote mirrors would be nice, but this is the LS I guess.