Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Lives up to the hype!!
By katydid1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a loyal Chevy buyer having had a Malibu then three Impalas since 1997. I put alot of miles on a vehicle and with the high gas prices, decided to go check out the Cruze Eco at my local dealer. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked inside and out not to mention the quiet and smooth ride for a compact car. I bought my Eco(the one I test drove) that day and have had it for almost two weeks now. I am already averaging 32mpg between city and highway driving so cant wait to see what it will be after the break in period.

Favorite Features

Onstar hands free calling, bluetooth, MP3 outlet, on steering wheel radio controls

DID I HEAR THE ECO CRUZE GETS AVG 31/42 MPG
By biguylw

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

NONSENSE!!!! I have been a GM owner for the past 12 years and was always very pleased!! was looking to downgrade one vehicle because of the price of gas and I was drawn to that Ethnic add in a nursing home (VERY POOR TASTE) where the bottom line was 42 avg mpg!! I own this ECO cruze for 2 months now and from day one I had an avg mpg of 19...a far cry from the adds!! I brought the vehicle in 5 times for the same problem and they continue to tell me all is running correctly and does not qualify for the lemon Law!! The law states that if you bring in your car for three (3) times for the SAME reason and they cnnot fix it...you are entitled to a refund or replacement!! I want a repalcement

Favorite Features

and Chevy corporate in the Phillipines..not even buying AMERICAN as they outsource!! They continue to tell me to date everything id running fine and case is closed..Is this the GM us Americans's are used to getting great service from??? In addition,,there is zero space in the back seats and the passenger seat is very narrow and uncomfortable I should have followed my gut and stayed with the Sonata

Suggested Improvements

Retrain your employees in proper customer service skills.. Stop outsourcing calls when people are begging for jobs in the US!!!

Chevrolet got it right
By datuttle

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had my Cruze for a week now. This is the first "small?" car that I have ever loved. Incredible fuel mileage, more power than you would expect and it is so much larger than its competition. I drove them all before buying this one. A comparable car from Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Ford or others is thousands more. You need to go with the BMW or Lexus to get the same ride and features of the Cruze. I drove them all and this car really stands out above them.

Should have shopped around more
By eliz34

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I made a big mistake buying a Cruze before shopping around a bit more. The ride is so jarring on bumpy roads (which alas I must drive over) that I get headaches and stomach aches - and this has never happened in any other cars. I suppose if someone is looking for this, then it would be okay. Also, the seats are surprisingly uncomfortable; even the Carmax appraiser said so without my prompting. The driver needs a right armrest. Also, the auto-lock is on the center console instead of on the door, and this gets very inconvenient if you have cargo to deal with in the back seat. I will be taking a hit with my downpayment and looking for a different car. Sorry, Chevy.

Favorite Features

Exterior look is great; tech aspects are fun

Suggested Improvements

Much better suspension; redesign seats; add a right armrest for driver; put the locking mechanism on door instead of center console

Top of the Class!
By micha78

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car really makes you feel special the second you open the door and see the beautifully designed dash. Cannot say enough about the quality that went into this car from the feel of the soft touch materials inside to the beautiful exterior. To compare it to Civic and Corolla does it an injustice. We own a 2010 Corolla and it is just a boring A to B car with terrible fit and finish inside. With the Cruze, you want to fight for the keys because of how it makes you feel. You really feel like you're driving a sport luxury car and wonder how you got away paying so little. Highly recommend it, you will not go back to the boring boxes on wheels.

Favorite Features

Exterior design and quality touches inside.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.