2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Economical Luxury
By Houston Gal on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I came across the Cruze by accident while looking for a small car with good gas mileage. Well, it is a a luxurious, smooth driving, economical car.I could not have asked for anything more. I looked at the Jetta, Corolla, Mustang, and even a Saab. All were more expensive with fewer perks and luxury.

Gas?
By Nur2652 on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, very happy with it do far. Love the style of the body, if you catch it from an angle it looks like a BMW, really nice interior, love the 2 tone color (black & red) nice dash gauges pretty easy to use. I'm 6,0 315 and I fit very comfortably. Metallic black paint color looks great. Very quiet ride, only 1 problem. I've used 3 tanks of gas already and avg only 18 mpg. 810 miles in 45 gallons of gas. Where is the 24/36/29 they claim? I travel city and highway plenty. Did I get a fuel lemon? I really really like car, but pretty disappointed in gas mpg. Also new cars need an easier way to raise and move seats, not a fan of the pump system.

Fantastic car for the money!
By lexan1965 on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The wife and I went into the local Chevy dealership to test drive a new cruze. We ended up buying the one we test drove. This car is quiet, little road noise, little engine noise. The acoustic package (standard) on the cruze if fantastic, makes your drive very quiet. The turbo lag people have talked about in other reviews is only noticeable when or if you have to stomp the gas pedal down then hold on! "peppy" engine on this car. I'm 6'-4" and 255 lbs. and I have no issues fitting in this vehicle. Same interior dimensions as the Malibu except 2" less legroom in the rear seats. I would recommend to anyone considering a new, smaller car to give this car a test drive.

Love My Baby
By ajia1999 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just love this car. My friends are all envious, suspension and noise control in the cabin make you feel like you are in a luxury car. The exterior design is sleek and catches people's eye. I caught a guy checking out my black LT2 cruze with envy.

Am in in my Lexus IS 250?
By Vette777 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this baby for a couple of reasons, but the primary would be MPG. It is averaging 31+ in the city to date. No highway miles yet, but I am thinking with 31 city, I should be getting 40+. What a car! You really have to drive one to really appreciate what GM has done in the quality field. She's quiet, comfortable, handles great with the electric power assist steering, and feels NOTHING like the car's in it's class. We got the Metallic Red and Titanium interior, 250 watt Pioneer, automatic, which, by the way is SIX speed, and I have to tell you I really cannot believe we only spent $21k! Toyota & Honda really should beware.

Great Car
By shouze on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a car that got 30 mpg or more...after a long search of used vehicles,none that were cheap, I decided on the Cruze. The LS is affordable and has a great comfortable ride, along with an interior that is awesome. this is a fun car to drive. once you drive it you will be hooked!

Very Well Done Chevy~
By Ohio Man on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the first US car maker made compact sedan that I can truly say is better than their Japanese and Korean rivals. It has the interior styling, fit and finish that were typically found only in foreign cars in the past. I truly recommend this car for anyone who is in the market for a compact sedan. Go and look at the foreign cars and compare. You will be very surprised at the quality of the vehicle as well as the price.

Home Run!
By cyper2002 on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant about purchasing a Chevy, but I hope this car continues to impress! I have to say I really hope people start taking a look because this car blows the Corolla and Civic out of the water. Not sure about Chevy reliability, but I am impressed with the fit an finish of the car. Hopefully what seems to be great build quality will translate into great long term reliability and decent resale value.

Bluez Cruze
By Caleb Allen on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my Cruze last month, trading in a Toyota Sequoia. I needed a car that would provide the same quality ride with better MPG. I have to say, it's wonderful! Sure, I lost a lot of space, but Chevy really set standards high with the interior styling. Very quiet on highway and in town, and engine noise only comes when really punching. Not as quick as you'd expect, but for a daily driver you have adequate power. Reliability up to the powers that be, I only have 500 miles on her so far. But the 100,000 PT, and 3/36 warranties give me peace of mind. Good buy.

Get used to more!
By Michael on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

You have to sit in this car and drive it yourself to believe how nice it really is. We currently own a Corolla but decided to take a look at this car and I have to say it reminded us of a much more expensive car Acura TSX comes to mind - a car costing 10-15k more. This is 'supposed' to compete with Civic and Corolla??? Sit inside both of those then take a look at the Cruze. High quality materials all around and a quiet refined interior. Very well done!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$137 per month*