Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

ECO M/T STAY AWAY! ---- Bad GM cust. service!
By cruzect11

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got my 2011 cruze eco just over 2 months ago after having a cruze lt auto as a rental which was great! But now with my eco since day one if you have the ac on and you put it in first gear and give it some gas the car shuts off yes totally dies! Been almost hit tons of times pulling out places and sitting in traffic. The car sat at the dealer for over a month after they so called cant find anything wrong with it i get it back and it dies that day. Long story short this isnt the only cruze eco with the problem and chevy will not stand behind their product! The car is nice and rides good but thats when it runs. Stay far away from the eco! Anyone looking at any GM product cust service is BAD!

Stand behind their product. Consumers do your homework on this car. Lots of used ones for sale cause of problems!

GM's Volvo?
By thkpic

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Has enouph character to challenge a mid-size while dominating the B-segment. With a moderately raked side profile, swooping tail lights and corporate grill there's enouph design oomph to keep you interested either at the grocery store or in the showroom. Get inside and the quite cabin spanks you with sophistication while trying to detract you from the few hard plastics scattered about. The center consoles easy straight forward layout makes changing the channel, locking the doors or plugging in a IPOD childs play.

If anything sticks out as unexpected it would be the modest acceleration when this 1.4L Turbo is matted to the 6 speed manual. I appreciate GM didn't cheap out on six gears by only offering five like the Ford Focus. The mesh dash trim helps break up some of the harder plastics and adds a nicer touch to the cabin while the taillights and grill clearly belong a step up from this class. Call it eye trickery, but a few small touches go a long way to creating that premium feel. One other unexpected was the engine cabin. Well laid out, easy to reach parts make this vehicle a shade tree mechanics dream. Alternator, starter and drive belts all within reach- very nice indeed should I go for 300k.

Twitchy steering. Some might mistaken this for sport like razor sharp steering- not so. In a small FWD car it just doesn't belong- atleast without the proper suspension wizardry mechanics to warrent such attention grabbing turn-in. Needs constant driver input. Inside door handles require you to pull twice to open the door. Got that? You don't get out until you pull it twice...child safety feature they say. Really? What child is in the drivers seat? Although safetly lock switches are absent on the back door. My guess, the double dipping door handles are cheaper. That might get annoying. That aside I think the powertrain overshadows all these shortcomings. Good car, doubt many regrets. 42MPG!!

Cool little Chevy
By lilchevy

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I do have to say that this is the first Chevy I've owned and I like it very well.
My father is retired from GM and put me onto the Cruze and it has been a great value.
Gets pretty good gas mileage,looks good, and the OnStar/XM radio freak'n rocks! I got the LS base model and hey for the money the car is really nice.
The interior is laid out very well and the trunk space is more than I expected plus the ride quality is freak'n awsome.
I'm glad i bought it!

The Onstar/XM features are great. I commute about 80 miles a day and the overall ride quality is A+.

Bigger arm rest that's about it.

Excellent Performance/MPG Balance
By 5th_mazda

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really fun to drive. We have the six speed and it really excellerates through each shift especially just above 3000 rpm when you can feel the turbo come on. We have also been pleased with the local driving gas mile of 33-34mpg but I was looking forward to see what we would get taking daughter to college. Just got back and were very pleased! Fully loaded on trip down averaging 65-70mph on first tank 39.6mpg, second tank ave 75-78mph got 36.4 and then on way back with just two of us on first tank ave 75-78 40.8mpg and second tank ave 65-68mph 43.2mpg. I think this is great for a car that is not a hybred and does not look like a hybred! US owned and made - nice job!

Performance Appearance MPG, MPG, MPG

Like to see more options on Eco like wheel options, sunroof, etc (the std wheels look nice but I really like the sportier look of ours with the OEM alloy five spokes I added off ebay)

Wife loves it
By mike600

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

we wanted to downsize into a better gas mileage car.. we choice the cruze for several reasons.
we like what GM did, I love the leg room, we liked the spec on gas mileage, it had the heated leather seat opt, in which most of the smaller cars don't have (in the price range)... etc.
It drives very nice on the highway.. two long trips so far. one 600 miles to Dallas, and one to southern Colorado... Maintains speed up hills....
to early to tell about the Build Qual and reliability so I gave it a 4... based off other GM cars I have owned... which have been 3.5's-4's

Gas mileage..??? not yet close to the rated values.. giving it some more time... 25city/30hwy we don't floor it.... we drive it like it should be driven.. likes Wife; heated leather seats. me; the leg room.

not sure yet... maybe meeting the gas mileage.. dealer says give it time... so we are.