2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews 13

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Delivers as Promised
By Good Car on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been reading about this car for the past 18 months. I have owned one now for about a month and I can say it performs as promised. Quite, smooth, fun to drive, stylish, and efficient. I can get the 36+ mpg on the highway provided I drive slower than 70 mph. Anything over that and it drops quite a bit (70 mph is about 2800 RPM). At 55 - 65 (common speed on my daily commute), its closer to 39. I checked the computer against the manual way of checking mileage and its accurate. I am also quite pleased with the feel of the electronic throttle and 6 spd auto transmission. It accelerates nicely without any gear hunting.

Very impressed
By cruzer on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just traded my Jeep Wrangler for this Chevy Cruze and I thought I would never go back to a chevrolet again but when I drove this car and found out what the gas mileage was I was impressed. Only time will tell just how reliable it is but the quality of the car far outweighs the competitors so far. It doesn't even feel like i'm driving an economy car. Great job GM!

Superb car - GM nailed it!
By NewCruzeOwner on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've always bought GM cars, but never really loved driving any of them. When shopping this time around I'd planned on moving to a more stylish import such as a Mini, BMW or Audi. Basically something compact, cool and fun to drive. I drove both the LTZ and the 2LT and found both were as much, or more, fun than the imports. Although the level of refinement on the 3 series BMW is better, I prefer the performance and quietness of Cruze much more. Not to mention a loaded 328i is twice the price. It's remarkable I can get a car packed with this many features priced so affordably. And this car is very quiet! This car is well above and beyond any of my other GM cars. Finally a GM car I love!

Great car for the money!
By mikeylikesit on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the Cruze last week and now have 600 miles on it. Really impressed with the styling, inside and out. I'm 6'-4" and weigh 255 and I fit very comfortably inside this vehicle. Almost no road or engine noise, good job with noise reduction effort on this car. It feels as if you are driving an expensive sedan. The dashboard controls are easy to read and everything is within reach. Huge trunk space also! Chevy really did a good job on this car!

Chevy has delivered the WOW
By dwight on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased a new Chevy Cruze to replace my Mazda 3. I didn't think I would end up buying a Cruze, the car sold itself. The Cruze is marketed to compete with the Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic. You can't compare these vehicles. The Cruze beats them easily. The quality is several car classes above its competition. You have to drive one to fully understand how up scale this car really is. It drives like a luxury class vehicle. Its quiet and is packed with upgraded features. Chevy has outdone themselves with this car. My prediction is, this will be a hot seller.

Economical Luxury
By Houston Gal on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I came across the Cruze by accident while looking for a small car with good gas mileage. Well, it is a a luxurious, smooth driving, economical car.I could not have asked for anything more. I looked at the Jetta, Corolla, Mustang, and even a Saab. All were more expensive with fewer perks and luxury.

Gas?
By Nur2652 on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, very happy with it do far. Love the style of the body, if you catch it from an angle it looks like a BMW, really nice interior, love the 2 tone color (black & red) nice dash gauges pretty easy to use. I'm 6,0 315 and I fit very comfortably. Metallic black paint color looks great. Very quiet ride, only 1 problem. I've used 3 tanks of gas already and avg only 18 mpg. 810 miles in 45 gallons of gas. Where is the 24/36/29 they claim? I travel city and highway plenty. Did I get a fuel lemon? I really really like car, but pretty disappointed in gas mpg. Also new cars need an easier way to raise and move seats, not a fan of the pump system.

Fantastic car for the money!
By lexan1965 on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The wife and I went into the local Chevy dealership to test drive a new cruze. We ended up buying the one we test drove. This car is quiet, little road noise, little engine noise. The acoustic package (standard) on the cruze if fantastic, makes your drive very quiet. The turbo lag people have talked about in other reviews is only noticeable when or if you have to stomp the gas pedal down then hold on! "peppy" engine on this car. I'm 6'-4" and 255 lbs. and I have no issues fitting in this vehicle. Same interior dimensions as the Malibu except 2" less legroom in the rear seats. I would recommend to anyone considering a new, smaller car to give this car a test drive.

Am in in my Lexus IS 250?
By Vette777 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this baby for a couple of reasons, but the primary would be MPG. It is averaging 31+ in the city to date. No highway miles yet, but I am thinking with 31 city, I should be getting 40+. What a car! You really have to drive one to really appreciate what GM has done in the quality field. She's quiet, comfortable, handles great with the electric power assist steering, and feels NOTHING like the car's in it's class. We got the Metallic Red and Titanium interior, 250 watt Pioneer, automatic, which, by the way is SIX speed, and I have to tell you I really cannot believe we only spent $21k! Toyota & Honda really should beware.

Love My Baby
By ajia1999 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just love this car. My friends are all envious, suspension and noise control in the cabin make you feel like you are in a luxury car. The exterior design is sleek and catches people's eye. I caught a guy checking out my black LT2 cruze with envy.