Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

3,500 miles into my ECO stick shift....
By howdee

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

...and we finally hit the 42 mark on a trip. We really needed to mind the details to get those #s though. No more 80, try 72 or less. Windows closed, flat terrain etc. Most of our combined average is 36, pretty darn good! We bought the car for a routine 500 round trip and very pleased with the comfort/ride. My one complaint is? ( how many others experience this) Occasional, severe acceleration lag from a dead stop. Dangerous to pull out into traffic. The dealer thinks I'm imagining it since there are no codes and it always fails to occur in his presence.

Favorite Features

Styling, room for 6'2" driver or passenger on long trips with comfort.

Suggested Improvements

rework bluetooth/onstar personal cell phone integration, 1 button fuel/mileage resets

Good not Great
By jdf2005

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this LTZ for a month and still not getting the EPA 36 MPG the sticker shows. Best MPG so far is 33.5! I really bought this car for 36MPG or better. Car runs good has adaquate power...transmission is clunky in shifting. I like the looks and feel of the car. It does drive well on the highway. The front and rear seats do not have enough padding and are uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Have 2500 miles on car so far...if MPG does not get better I will be upset.

Favorite Features

LTZ upscale features RS package and upgraded wheels

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could shirt smoother Seats could use more padding

So Far Impressed, don't listen to the nay sayers
By peterparker121

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

WOW, i was looking for a more economical car, had an Impala for the last 6 years, you know, better MPG, without a huge price tag. Got more than I bargined for. This car is sharp. I got the imperial blue metalic, lt rs model. Put over two hundred miles on it in four days. I'm a husky fellow, 5'8" and around 225, and I find this car to be super roomy. If you're one of those people who's shirt tags bother them, you may find it a tad small. Took awhile to get the seat adjusted just right, but once I did, I find myself not wanting to get out of my Cruze. Handles great, not Impala smooth, but pretty dang nice. Blue dashlights on the chrome, STYLING. Love watching the average MPG go up, up, and up.

Favorite Features

Rs model style, pioneer sound system, onstar, all the car info: ie. Average fuel usage, remaining fuel, oils life, etc... Fog lights, blue dash lights, interior look and feel. Turbo pick up, and handling. And my kids love it.

Suggested Improvements

more imperial blue models to choose from. Mine was the only one on the lot.

Love It
By scubaskm

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had this car a week, but I can honestly say, that I have never been more impressed with a car that has been out for less than a year. We are averaging about 27.5 MPG, and with having a lead foot and a car with a Turbo that would be pretty good in my book.

Favorite Features

Many people call it wierd, I like the idea of having 1 centrally localized Unlock/Lock button. 6 Speaker sound system, with USB connection for my Zune is awesome, down side is the indexing of the Zune. Comparing to our Honda Civic, this has more leg room, Fanstatic Trunk space, and is so much fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

There is not much I would change. Fantastic Car.

Lives up to the hype!!
By katydid1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a loyal Chevy buyer having had a Malibu then three Impalas since 1997. I put alot of miles on a vehicle and with the high gas prices, decided to go check out the Cruze Eco at my local dealer. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked inside and out not to mention the quiet and smooth ride for a compact car. I bought my Eco(the one I test drove) that day and have had it for almost two weeks now. I am already averaging 32mpg between city and highway driving so cant wait to see what it will be after the break in period.

Favorite Features

Onstar hands free calling, bluetooth, MP3 outlet, on steering wheel radio controls