2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Not getting close to the mpg rating
By poormpg on 12/15/10 13:33 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have almost 3K miles on the car. I get between 24 and 28mpg. I do 85% highway driving. I am calculating this based on the amount of fuel used not the on board computer. This car will never see mpg in the 30's. I am taking it back a second time to the dealer for this issue. Either something is wrong with it or they need to be sued for lying about the mpg this car supposedly gets. I drive 100miles per day and the mpg is the only thing I care about in a car. I exchanged this for an Audi A4 quatrro which is much more fun to drive and gets better mpg... I got 28mpg with it doing the same commute. I owned the Jetta TDI before and may go back to it if I can't at least get into the 30's....

Cruze is nice, but not great
By chevy68 on 12/12/10 16:56 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Huge step up from the Cobalt in styling, ride and handling, interior, and features. However, I am only achieving 28 to 29 mpg on 98% highway driving with the 1.8L engine with 6-speed automatic transmission. The EPA highway rating is 35 mpg. I always achieve highway EPA mpg ratings on my cars with my driving style. I took the Cruze back to the dealership to check out and I got 32.9 mpg on the loaner Malibu! They found no issues but I am very disappointed in the poor fuel economy.

Cruze is nice, but real mpg very disappointing
By chevy68 on 12/11/10 12:45 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Cruze LS 1.8L with 6-speed auto trans is a solid car. Nice styling, interior, features, ride and handling. However, highway mpg is not as advertised. I am only getting 28-29 mpg on 98% highway driving. By comparison, I always get the EPA mpg on my other vehicles. 6-7 mpg below the sticker value does not cut it. I made a decision to buy the Cruze over the Civic because of the great styling and features along with an advertised 35 mpg highway. I am now second guessing my decision based on the poor numbers.

So Far So Good Really Impressed
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have been a F150 Lariet Truck fan for over 20yrs. Commute over 100 miles per day & was tired of waisting $$ on fuel. Cruze was 1st car I test drove & loved the leg room. Seat fits great, controls etc are nice.Ride is quiet & nice. Live in northern MN so was not sure of giving up 4WD for front wheel but so far so good. Handles great. Very impressed with my avg 38MPG on the highway. Over double what my truck was getting. Plan to use my savings for extra trip to the Caribbean.

Finally I can buy American
By CarCool on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was prepared to purchase the best car for my needs and if that car had a foreign name plate, so be it. I purchased the Chevy Cruze 1LT and love it. Great looking, a little bigger (inside and out) than most compacts, high safety factor which lowered my insurance substantially. Every time I drive it I am more impressed. GREAT CAR, GREAY Price and more than Great American Car it is a World Class Car.

The longer I have it the more I like it!
By BH on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When looking at the Cruze I was somewhat impressed. However; the longer I have it the more I am impressed. The car is great! The attributes I appreciate most are: low/no noise-very quiet, smooth driving, fun to drive and for the tall in size, it has more leg room than most large cars. This is one of the first cars I have owned that I have more leg room than needed. Great American built car - try it.

A4 Quattro to Cruze 1LT
By WNBear on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was looking to trade in my 2006 Audi A4 1.8T 6sp/MT Quattro on something that was economical, fun to drive, sharp looking and comfy. The Audi was getting to be a repair nightmare! The Cruze hits all of those points spot on! While its not an AWD, with the Stabili-Trac and Traction Control, I think I'll be ok in the snow here in Denver. This car gets looks everywhere I go, maybe because it's one of only five that have been sold in Denver so far? Silver with Jet Black leather. I'm even shocked that I dont miss the 6 speed manual tranny! And I have cup holders, 8 of them! The A4 had a total of ZERO! lol

2011 Chevrolet Cruze
By kazim on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car off the lot. I was in for a minor repair on my Chevy Cobalt. I noticed this car and was asked if I wanted to test drive it. That was my first mistake. I bought the car immediately. It is the first time in many years I have bought a car on impulse. I do not regret it. The car got 38 mpg on my first trip when it had less than 100 miles on the odometer. The fit and finish are excellent and the car is fun to drive. I tried the turn by turn On-Star directions and it worked better then the navigation system on my Yukon XL. This is an excellent car and I strongly suggest anyone look at it.

Very nice vehicle
By BaM on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have about 2000 miles on it between NY and Maryland. So far it has been a pleasure to drive. Handles the bumps and ruts of NY roads well. Its nice running up and down the Garden State Parkway and NJ Turnpike. Quiet, comfortable and solid. Have lived in Asia, Middle East and Europe and this car compares very well with what people regularly drive anywhere in the world. Very nicely executed and overall better equipped and more solid then found outside NA.

Delivers as Promised
By Good Car on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been reading about this car for the past 18 months. I have owned one now for about a month and I can say it performs as promised. Quite, smooth, fun to drive, stylish, and efficient. I can get the 36+ mpg on the highway provided I drive slower than 70 mph. Anything over that and it drops quite a bit (70 mph is about 2800 RPM). At 55 - 65 (common speed on my daily commute), its closer to 39. I checked the computer against the manual way of checking mileage and its accurate. I am also quite pleased with the feel of the electronic throttle and 6 spd auto transmission. It accelerates nicely without any gear hunting.