Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Cruzin in Philly
By cruzinphilly

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Chevy got this right! I have a 40 mile round trip commute to work, so I absolutely needed a car that was fuel efficient. I came to peace with the fact that this meant I would more than likely have to drive a small sedan that would cause points to be deducted from my “man card”, but that was not the case with the Cruze. It is quick off the line when you need it and has a good quality interior. I don’t feel cramped when I drive it (I am 6’1 215lbs) plus the seats are comfortable. The car is very well equipped for its price and give you allot features for the buck, like remote start, XM, Bluetooth, and rear park assist for 20k (I paid 20,500 for a 1LT).

My favorite feature with the Cruze is the detailed report you receive from OnStar. I feel that this is a highly underrated feature with the Cruze that does not get enough press. If you a numbers guy like me you can spend a lot of time analyzing the data of tire pressure, gas level, or maintenance to see how your car is performing. It also monitors your oil performance so you know when you actually need an oil change instead of guessing when you think it does. That alone can save you money.

Check Carefully Specfic Car you Buy
By gozone

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I will say I am a Loyal GM buyer so this isnt american car bashing as was suggested by one person on another review. The specific car I purchased and others I have seen on the lot since have terrible build quality issues with the paint and body panel alignment. So far the dealer had the car for over a week and had to basically realign the body panels on the front half of the car and three doors. I didnt notice this on delivery and only came to find them when I had wind noise from a door, the front passenger/rear driver door having issues closing, the hood closing after checking oil. Inspect all body gaps and weather strips closely for gaps. There are other issues with paint.

Car does have good performance and interior styling. I am 6'2" and am comfortable in the seat thanks to the range of adjustments to the steering wheel and power seat. Like the automatic with manual shift mode idea however, there is a long lag between input on the shifter and the trans actually shifting. Trunk space is great but, back seat space a little tight for our carseat with the seats in a comfortable spot.

The lordstown plant needs to really improve quality control. I cant believe this car passed inspection. To put in into perspective the gap between the front and rear passenger door was 10mm at the top and only about 2mm at the bottom. Both way out of spec from what is called out in the service manual. Fender was similar which caused the door closing issue and hood alignment issue. Now that the dealer has had to adjust all the bolts that were factory painted and been chiped cracked, etc. Not the dealers fault and I have filled a GM complaint with customer service. I only have 500 miles on the car and about a month of ownership.

Put almost 4000 miles on and its rocking and rolling!!
By carrocks

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got this car 2 weeks ago and put almost 4000 miles on it. Always hated small cars do to rough driving feel and there usually very noisy. Was scared to go with the cruze for that reason but totally blew me away when i test drove it how quite and smooth it drove! The handling by far is the best in any compact car and beats most midsize cars iv driven. Interior is nice and roomy and trunk is extremely spacious. bought it love and love it feel like i made the best decision of my life. One complaint though wish it was a little faster does seem slow at times when pushing from start but better then other compacts i have driven in the past.

Bluetooth (my contacts shows on screen) Leather Heated Rear parking sensors iPod connectivity

acceleration needs a bit more power (or better transmission shifting)

Not bad...not bad at all
By tinalo

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Got this car to save on gas since I drive 600miles a week to work. Only have 3000 miles on it and already up to 34 MPG. (Hoping it gets up to 42!) I really like the hands free phone feature! Haven't yet figured out the navigation yet though.

Hands free phone, XM radio

Touch more headspace and elbow room. I am 5'4 and I feel like I am cramped. I admit I am use to driving a minivan with a ton of room so this is quite different. My husband on the other hand is 6ft tall and he is able to recline the seat and has no issue with headroom. I guess maybe it's just the short legged people who do. BUT.....I will put up with it for the rest of the package. Great gas mileage so far and neat interior. Maybe if it had a sunroof I wouldn't feel so closed in.

Back to US Owned and Made
By 5th_mazda

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I always said I would buy a US owned and made car when they came to the table with something that really competes and that I liked. The redesigned Malibu seemed to indicate they turned the corner but was not what I was looking for. The Cruze was. Liked what I saw and read, and bought one a few weeks ago. So far I am really pleased; very good gas mileage (32-34 city/short trips), 6 spd turbo is fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I will report again after I learn more like highway mileage, etc.

Body lines, combination of 6spd and turbo performance, mpg, soundness of body

Should offer more wheel options for Eco - the chrome wheels are sharp (plus their light weight and likely add to better mpg) but I was looking for a more sporty option. Actually found some factory 5 spokes on line and the car looks great with them (I also added the LTZ chrome fog light bezels).