2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Overall Excellent car
By cruzinca on 01/07/11 08:28 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this for 3 weeks now and have been dong siginificant driving. I do a long commute and have logged about 1200 miles already. The car feels solid and quiet. handling feel very precise with minimal body roll, even at higher speeds. I am now averaging about 32.8 mpg (about 0.4 more than the computer is indicating). My last car was an 04 Maxima and I noticed lower gas mileage during the break in period so not totally unexpected. Mine is the LS model although it did come with an Auto transmission and bluetooth. Bluetooth works great and integrates nicely with the audio system. Really love this car and is still more than I expected.

Chevy Cruze 1LT
By jpp_computers on 01/07/11 07:25 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an amazing car. I have only had the car for a day, but I wanted to put a review up. Off the gate this thing picks up speed quick with its turbo 1.4L engine. The handling is superb. recently test drove ford focus sel, kia forte ex, Ford Fiesta, and Honda Fit. Shopping for 3 weeks and 5 applications for loans I was approved for all of them. I am 23, low 600 credit score, with high 600 co signer whos my girlfriend. Chevy got it done with payments just over 330 for 72/mo. The 1LT do come nicely loaded. I will update this review when I have more valid points, but go test drive one of these cars you will be surprised how nice a ride it is.

Retro - Just Like GM Cars from 30 Years Ago
By berlinetta on 01/05/11 20:47 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Poor assembly quality (squeaks and rattles) and an indifferent attitude in terms of customer satisfaction have marred my experience with my 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. After 30 days and 1,000 miles, this is the most disappointing initial new car ownership experience that I've had in 25 years. This really is a nicely designed small car, fun to drive, and with a great interior. The back seat is cramped and fuel economy is very disappointing. Despite a real effort to make a competitive small car, my experience is that GM needs to work harder in terms of executing the details - especially in terms of build quality and customer assistance and satisfaction.

impressive car!
By seahawk01 on 01/02/11 17:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my Civic in on a new Cruze, it has been a long time since an american car was in my garage, and i'm happy as can be with the Cruze. I got the fully loaded LTZ model with the 1.4 t automatic. I have a very long daily commute and have been on several long trips, i rack up miles very quickly. I thought i would wait for a few miles to give my review/impressions on the car, i just passed the 20,000 mile mark. Early on my fuel economy was a bit dissapointing at around 28mpg (like some other reviewers here) It has been getting better as the miles go by, my last tank was 34 mpg. This is winter mileage which includes more idle time than normal, i keep a very close eye and records of my economy

A Real Winner!
By jtisch on 12/15/10 19:02 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I owned a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, the best car I ever owned. Someone once asked me why I bought Japanese car. I said that when an American automaker can build a car as good as my Civic I will buy it. Chevy did it with my 2011 2LT turbocharged Cruze. As a matter of fact, it exceeds the Civic in every way. I am amazed at the automatic and standard transmission of this car. Every once in a while I shift over to the manual tranny and feel like a 20-something again. I only miss the 47 mpg I got with my hybrid, but paying $6,000 less for the Cruze more than makes up for it.

Not getting close to the mpg rating
By poormpg on 12/15/10 13:33 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have almost 3K miles on the car. I get between 24 and 28mpg. I do 85% highway driving. I am calculating this based on the amount of fuel used not the on board computer. This car will never see mpg in the 30's. I am taking it back a second time to the dealer for this issue. Either something is wrong with it or they need to be sued for lying about the mpg this car supposedly gets. I drive 100miles per day and the mpg is the only thing I care about in a car. I exchanged this for an Audi A4 quatrro which is much more fun to drive and gets better mpg... I got 28mpg with it doing the same commute. I owned the Jetta TDI before and may go back to it if I can't at least get into the 30's....

Cruze is nice, but not great
By chevy68 on 12/12/10 16:56 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Huge step up from the Cobalt in styling, ride and handling, interior, and features. However, I am only achieving 28 to 29 mpg on 98% highway driving with the 1.8L engine with 6-speed automatic transmission. The EPA highway rating is 35 mpg. I always achieve highway EPA mpg ratings on my cars with my driving style. I took the Cruze back to the dealership to check out and I got 32.9 mpg on the loaner Malibu! They found no issues but I am very disappointed in the poor fuel economy.

Cruze is nice, but real mpg very disappointing
By chevy68 on 12/11/10 12:45 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Cruze LS 1.8L with 6-speed auto trans is a solid car. Nice styling, interior, features, ride and handling. However, highway mpg is not as advertised. I am only getting 28-29 mpg on 98% highway driving. By comparison, I always get the EPA mpg on my other vehicles. 6-7 mpg below the sticker value does not cut it. I made a decision to buy the Cruze over the Civic because of the great styling and features along with an advertised 35 mpg highway. I am now second guessing my decision based on the poor numbers.

So Far So Good Really Impressed
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have been a F150 Lariet Truck fan for over 20yrs. Commute over 100 miles per day & was tired of waisting $$ on fuel. Cruze was 1st car I test drove & loved the leg room. Seat fits great, controls etc are nice.Ride is quiet & nice. Live in northern MN so was not sure of giving up 4WD for front wheel but so far so good. Handles great. Very impressed with my avg 38MPG on the highway. Over double what my truck was getting. Plan to use my savings for extra trip to the Caribbean.

Finally I can buy American
By CarCool on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was prepared to purchase the best car for my needs and if that car had a foreign name plate, so be it. I purchased the Chevy Cruze 1LT and love it. Great looking, a little bigger (inside and out) than most compacts, high safety factor which lowered my insurance substantially. Every time I drive it I am more impressed. GREAT CAR, GREAY Price and more than Great American Car it is a World Class Car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in WA is:

$171 per month*