Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Cool little Chevy
By lilchevy

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I do have to say that this is the first Chevy I've owned and I like it very well. My father is retired from GM and put me onto the Cruze and it has been a great value. Gets pretty good gas mileage,looks good, and the OnStar/XM radio freak'n rocks! I got the LS base model and hey for the money the car is really nice. The interior is laid out very well and the trunk space is more than I expected plus the ride quality is freak'n awsome. I'm glad i bought it!

Favorite Features

The Onstar/XM features are great. I commute about 80 miles a day and the overall ride quality is A+.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger arm rest that's about it.

Excellent Performance/MPG Balance
By 5th_mazda

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really fun to drive. We have the six speed and it really excellerates through each shift especially just above 3000 rpm when you can feel the turbo come on. We have also been pleased with the local driving gas mile of 33-34mpg but I was looking forward to see what we would get taking daughter to college. Just got back and were very pleased! Fully loaded on trip down averaging 65-70mph on first tank 39.6mpg, second tank ave 75-78mph got 36.4 and then on way back with just two of us on first tank ave 75-78 40.8mpg and second tank ave 65-68mph 43.2mpg. I think this is great for a car that is not a hybred and does not look like a hybred! US owned and made - nice job!

Favorite Features

Performance Appearance MPG, MPG, MPG

Suggested Improvements

Like to see more options on Eco like wheel options, sunroof, etc (the std wheels look nice but I really like the sportier look of ours with the OEM alloy five spokes I added off ebay)

Wife loves it
By mike600

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

we wanted to downsize into a better gas mileage car.. we choice the cruze for several reasons. we like what GM did, I love the leg room, we liked the spec on gas mileage, it had the heated leather seat opt, in which most of the smaller cars don't have (in the price range)... etc. It drives very nice on the highway.. two long trips so far. one 600 miles to Dallas, and one to southern Colorado... Maintains speed up hills.... to early to tell about the Build Qual and reliability so I gave it a 4... based off other GM cars I have owned... which have been 3.5's-4's

Favorite Features

Gas mileage..??? not yet close to the rated values.. giving it some more time... 25city/30hwy we don't floor it.... we drive it like it should be driven.. likes Wife; heated leather seats. me; the leg room.

Suggested Improvements

not sure yet... maybe meeting the gas mileage.. dealer says give it time... so we are.

1st American car since 1994
By colosteve

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was a loyal GM guy, but had some issues and bought foreign vehicles for a long time. This Cruze was what brought me back. We were looking to improve MPG and traded my truck for it. Test drove lots of other cars and came back the the Cruze. Chevy really seems to have hit a home run this time. The car is mostly driven by the wife (she loves it), we were both impressed on the test drive...when for a second and took it home. Style, comfort and economy were what we were looking for and this beat the competition hands down. A lot of bang for the buck. Leather, On Star, back-up sensors, remots start all for $23K. You did good GM...maybe I'm back as a loyal GM guy again?

Favorite Features

Style, comfort, affordability...we will see the MPG as it gets some miles.

Suggested Improvements

I know it is popular and the end of the model year but it would have been nice to have a better selection. Really wanted the LTZ w/RS but took 1 of 2 2LTs that were local. Maybe a little more cush in the seats...they are a little stiff but it is new.

Considering a Cruze Eco for the MPG, you'll be dissappointed
By grockin2004

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just put my first 5,000 miles on my new 2011 Cruze. Living with the car is much different than my first impressions. I commute about 90 miles a day with 90% of my drive time spent on a freeway and the cruise control set at 60 - 65 MPH. Average MPG : 36.6 I reset the meter at the beginning of my work week. By Friday, same result. Seats are a little too stiff for long distances. Arm rests are non-existent. The tiny center console lid slides forward a little, but does not lock into the forward position. Hard to get comfortable. Automatic transmission refuses to up shift until engine is near red line and down shifts too soon when coming to a stop. Irritating at times! Good engine power.

Favorite Features

Nice looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors are a joke. Better interior storage, larger center console. Better shifting automatic transmission.