Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

GMC should take it back!!
By goosman68

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my new Cruze in Mar. 2011 and have since put 5,000 mi. on it. It is not comfortable on a longer trip. Gas milage sucks. I was under the impression that Chev. had tested the car over 1,000,000 miles, it should be a good car, wrong. I have done my own testing and come to the conclusion that 63mph is its sweet spot to get 36mpg. Thats to slow to drive on an interstate with a 75mph speed limit. I tried 75mph and got 26.6 mpg. My last car was a Vette and going slow is not an opption! Don't even check your in-town mpg, it will scare you.

None worth writing about

Seats need to be a lot more comfortable. I feel that the car needs to be geared higher so you can run with the big dogs and not turn so much rpms. They did this on the 2012 models, they should retrofit the 2011s

Great Car!
By gwengee

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed a new car and had great luck with a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. Originally I headed out to get a new model Elantra. Somehow I ended up on a Chevy lot and am glad I did! The Chevy Cruze is a solid car. Drives well, little road noise - feels like a higher end car. The engine has been designed to give you the best opportunity for great gas mileage. All in all this is a great car!

Comfortable seats, easy to read dash and common sense buttons on the radio.

Haven't found anything yet, except maybe not have the door lock button next to the radio - not a bad thing, just not used to it yet.

Cruze LTZ got it right!
By richvand

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Chevy Cruze LTZ Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 in Cary, NC. So I have had it for almost 14 months and almost 27,000 miles. Every week, I drive about 183 miles to Richmond, VA to work a 4-day week on a large project as a training consultant. My wife and I initially looked at Toyotas and Fords before going to the Chevrolet dealership. I have previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and a GTO, so I was initially not interested in a 4 cylinder, especially one as small as 1.4 liters. I loved it from the moment I drove it off the lot. And I am still very happy with it. 33 mpg at 79 mph (3000 rpm) on interstates. Great acceleration and not one problem with it. I highly recommend it.

Acceleration. It is hard to drive conservatively. The body and interior styling is great, the trunk is enormous, the front bucket seats are comfortable, and the sun roof is fun to have. Love the turbocharger, although sometimes there is slight turbocharger lag. But when it kicks in, it feels like you are driving a V6. Of course, the 6 speed transmission helps keep up the rpms for acceleration. For new car tires, they seem to be great--almost 27,000 miles. probably at least another 20,000 to go. Very quite car--makes our Highlander sound like a bus on the highway. Great sound system. Love the OnStar and XM radio. Exellent highspeed cornering--no lean or sway at all!

Although it is a problem with all cars that have turbochargers, try to find a way to prevent the initial slight turbocharger lag when flooring it from a standstill or sometimes when hitting passing gear. Front doors could be a little wider for easier access to the front seats. I am 6'2" tall and my head just clears the roof if I sit tall in the seat. Find a way to prevent rain water from driping into the trunk when raising the trunk lid after it has rained. The high performance tires are a bit stiff. Would recommend a slightly taller tire to give a slightly smoother ride without taking away from the sporty feel.

Should have went to Toyota
By rjcruzedriver

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. 2 days after buying the car new, the windshield cracked along the top and the roof and electronics all flooded. Three weeks past and the car refussed to go into gear and almost caused use to get side swiped. After being treated like a lower life form by the dealer ship and General Motors, we were forced to drive this car. Recently the pile of Cruze failed to shift into gear which caused us to roll back into oncoming traffic and was involved in an accident. This is the last GM product I will ever own, and I hope that Chevy stops getting bailed out. Government Motors, I should have known better.

none

Go out of business.

Great small car
By jrichmond526

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our 2011 Chevy Cruze to downsize for good fuel mileage. Out LT1 Sedan w/ 1.4L Turbo 4cyl gets about 28-30mpg city/ 32-34mpg highway. We have two small children and this model had more rear seat room than the Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla and Nissan Altima 2.5S we drove. The interior of the car really sold us on it, and it was fun to drive. My biggest complaint is the seatbelt clip restraints are hard to buckle the seatbelt to. My kids have a very hard time with them. They are kind of hidden down in the rear seat and are hard to use on the front bucket seats as well. Overall though, we really like the car. The trunk is very spacious as well.

Interior dash design, trunk space, overall capacity inside. 16" 5 spoke Chevy wheels are nice, telescoping steering wheel

didn't like the placement of the door lock button near radio, seatbelt restraint buckles are very hard to use, back of front bucket seats should be plastic/vinyl to keep little kids shoes from dirtying seat, wish the center cosole compartment was bigger.

• SUV