2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Fully Loaded Black Cruze LTZ
By g6leaser on 02/15/11 05:03 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

250 miles on my Cruze --- I must say that after trading in my 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Lease and getting into a smaller ride - the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze I was a bit worried about comfort. The Cruze far exceeds my expectations about interior comfort. Plenty of room and an upscale dash for a small car - the Infotainment system (NAV,Bluetooth,Hands Free, XM) with the Pioneer Premium Audio Package and Sunroof makes me want to take extra laps around the block. Only complaints are the styling of the rear of the car, a few hiccups when using the Manual Tap Shift - but the positives outweight any negatives so far in my ride. Time will tell regarding MPGs - currently avg 26 mostly city driving.

Very impressed so far
By abmwfan on 02/14/11 17:08 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Cruze 2LT as a commuter car and am very impressed so far. My benchmark for comparison is luxury brands like BMW and Volvo and this car measures up surprisingly well for a $20k vehicle. It handles well, steering is nicely weighted (at highway speeds), front leg room is excellent and the seats are very supportive. On-center highway feel is good. Body lean in corners is minimal. GM offers a nice choice of tech goodies for this segment. The vehicle is comparatively quiet at highway speeds. Keep in mind when you read reviews saying that this car is very quiet or "serene," it's all in the context of the compact vehicle segment. Just don't expect a Lexus or BMW for $20k.

What did GM's Cruze Lose?
By gandalf7719 on 02/09/11 10:40 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been eagerly anticipating the release of GM’s Cruze since it first appeared on the horizon, a compact chocked full of technology forward engineering economy and the first to bring Flex Fuel Vehicle (FFV) technology to a fuel efficient compact. So imagine my surprise when after negotiating my best deal at my local dealer when my excitement of the vehicle’s capability to run on E85 a fuel produced in America was met with a blank stare. He went on to explain that “FFVs have yellow gas caps, and the Cruze doesn’t.” In simple terms on the way to market the Cruze did lose its FFV capability un-noted in most arenas and media outpourings. So just when it seemed

2011 CRUZE 2LT Better Than Average
By bradley2 on 02/07/11 03:17 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2011 Cruze 2LT. Now has 5,000 miles. Overall, a fine car for the price. 4Cyl T more than adequate. Interior cabin design, fit and finish among the best I have ever owned from any maker. Averaging 29.5 MPG mostly HWY mosltly 75 MPH. Exterior design OK, nothing to shout about. I like the ride, steering, suspension, etc. in that it is tighter than most US cars, has more road feel and could even be described as fun. Back seat pretty tight. Dealer had to deal with (fix) a wicked rattle from driver door (window mechanism loose bolts) and trunk lid clearcoat streaks and bumps which they did at no cost to me, of course.

Worth the Look
By tat1739 on 02/05/11 20:21 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Loyal Honda fan won over by Chevy! I have loved my car! Steering is responsive. Ride is nice and quiet especially for a small car. Lots of pep. Nicely appointed dash. Classy interior. Mileage has been running about 30 mpg - and this is with an average speed of about 37 mph. I typically drive more in-town. I expect to see upper 30's - 40 mpg on the highway. Yeah! Eager to get it on the road to stretch her legs. I was a "hard sell" customer - and looked at this car with a very critical eye. Drove and compared it to every comp car - just couldn't resist it, tho' I surely tried. If you want a small sedan at reasonable price, this is the car for you!

Contemporary and Efficient
By cruzer4 on 02/05/11 13:34 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Ice Blue LTZ looks better in person than in photos. Beautifully styled. Outstanding seat travel and adjustability for a tall driver. Getting 30 to 35 mpg so far. Impressive lack of shift busyness on hilly interstates. Tap Up/Down shifter is very useful. Coastdown shifts very poor. Good DIC and Bluetooth integration. Big trunk. Very nice steering feel with Michelin Pilot tires. Smooth ride if tires are at 30 psi recommended cold pressure.

My Take after 2,000 miles
By madisong on 01/22/11 18:50 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I took delivery of my red Cruze LTZ in the brutality of our Minnesota Winter (12/15/11 - and I'm very pleased to say this car is performing flawlessly. The torque in the 20 - 50 MPH range is surprisingly strong for the 1.4 liter Turbo. The 6 speed auto tranny probably has something to do with that as well. The remote start is a big plus, especially now to warm it up and also probably later in the summer to cool it down. The only disappointment is the tighter than desirable suspension system. Could be the winter but I'm guessing the low profile tires on the larger wheels could be the reason.

WOW.......almost perfect
By whandlos on 01/22/11 07:48 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

3k miles on a 2LT and I am blown away. Nothing,.....I mean nothing within 10,000 bucks of this price point feels as quality as this car. Gas mileage averaging 35 mpg for one hour trip each way for work and my 6'3" 230 lbs body is comfortable all the way. This car is amazingly quiet and rivals my coworkers BMW in riding experience. No, not for power of course.......but if you buy a cruze you are doing it for the mileage. The car has plenty of pickup for passing on a two lane highway. Not so much at all off the line, as the car is programmed not to use the turbo at low speeds to save you from yourself. With the tranny software upgrade (make sure you bring it in for that), all is good

Solid Auto
By bradley2 on 01/10/11 04:43 AM (PST)

Good Car.

Good Car
By funrun25 on 01/09/11 19:43 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was my first brand new car. I did a lot of research on a lot of different cars. I test drove this car and loved it. Its quite, great get up and go. I love the interior, it feels like a luxury car. I got the connectivity package and I use every part of it daily. The car averages about 29mpg combined fuel economy. Minor issue, there was a huge rain storm that lasted a week and the trunk of my car was leaking. Issue was fixed and so far no other problems. I've had the car for 2 months.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$137 per month*