2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews 10

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Impressed
By techman3006 on 02/25/11 10:01 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Owned a Cobalt and had zero issues after 3 years, BUT traded it in after seeing the Cruze at a dealership. What a difference between the Cobalt and Cruze. The Cruze is night and day better in styling, handling, interior quality, fit and finish, etc. Even has slightly better MPH so far. Can't even believe these two cars are made by the same company. Why GM did it take you so long to put out a car like the Cruze?

Disappointing MPG
By jrh0912 on 02/23/11 15:25 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My only complaint is the MPG. I'm getting 31 in both city and the highway. I was hoping for something closer to 40 like a previous reviewer is getting. Other than that, it's a nice car. We saved thousands compared to a hybrid.

The schizophrenic Cruse
By donrican on 02/20/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is schizophrenic. This is a midsized car who's convinced its a compact. I'm a big guy who used to rub shoulders with passangers in my Civic. Not any more, the cabin is spacious for a compact. This is also a sub-compact whos conviced its a compact. The 1.4 acts like its pulling a 2100 pound car and not the fully loaded Cruzes actual 3100. It should have much worse fuel economy as it does. This is a sports sedan convinced its a compact car. The handling is down right brilliant! This is a near luxury car convinced its a compact car. The fit and finish are good. None of the buttons and switches feel cheap. Leather seats are comfortable. Pioneer sound system is great. It needs a shrink!

Happy Former Japanese Car Driver
By cruzy on 02/19/11 11:09 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In December got out of leasing a Subaru Impreza, test drove the 2010 Toyota Corolla & have owned a 1990 Corolla until it had over 100,000 mi. Since that was the extend of my driving experience, I did a lot of research as to what car & type to lease next. Worried about switching from AWD to front wheel drive, I opted to go with front wheel with turbo power as a compromise. It drove well through all the storms we had in NYC except when I had to drive up a pretty steep & snowy hill (I live in a hilly hood). The road was too slippery to drive the Cruze. This was the only time I missed the AWD. The Cruze does roll-back more easily than I'm used to. Overall, I'm very happy with my Cruze.

Surprising
By cruzeecoowner on 02/19/11 08:36 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a Cruze eco model about two weeks ago. I can't believe I'm averaging 39 mpg in mixed driving in hill country on the first two tanks of gas. I would have been happy with 29 in the kind of driving I do in hilly terrain of SW Pennsylvania. The car does seem to kind of glide without much effort and I drive it conservatively on the highway letting it coast down hills at times around the speed limit--often having to slow it down a bit. The high range gears also pull hills better than I expected--even the 6th gear. The car is also fun to drive in the city where I work and must commute during the work week. It is quick, with more feedback and precise handling than I'd expected.

Love the car except for the fuel economy
By reggie350 on 02/17/11 21:42 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a new Cruze 2LT with the disc brakes, 17 inch rims, convenience package, and spare tires. On the plus side the fit and finish are good, love the interior, ride is quiet, handles good, good looking car, a lot there for the money. On the down side the brakes are a little soft, not a true independant rear suspension, and the fuel economy is no where near the posted numbers. I drive 95% highway, mostly flat roads, at 63 mph and I get 31 mpg.

Fully Loaded Black Cruze LTZ
By g6leaser on 02/15/11 05:03 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

250 miles on my Cruze --- I must say that after trading in my 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Lease and getting into a smaller ride - the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze I was a bit worried about comfort. The Cruze far exceeds my expectations about interior comfort. Plenty of room and an upscale dash for a small car - the Infotainment system (NAV,Bluetooth,Hands Free, XM) with the Pioneer Premium Audio Package and Sunroof makes me want to take extra laps around the block. Only complaints are the styling of the rear of the car, a few hiccups when using the Manual Tap Shift - but the positives outweight any negatives so far in my ride. Time will tell regarding MPGs - currently avg 26 mostly city driving.

Very impressed so far
By abmwfan on 02/14/11 17:08 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Cruze 2LT as a commuter car and am very impressed so far. My benchmark for comparison is luxury brands like BMW and Volvo and this car measures up surprisingly well for a $20k vehicle. It handles well, steering is nicely weighted (at highway speeds), front leg room is excellent and the seats are very supportive. On-center highway feel is good. Body lean in corners is minimal. GM offers a nice choice of tech goodies for this segment. The vehicle is comparatively quiet at highway speeds. Keep in mind when you read reviews saying that this car is very quiet or "serene," it's all in the context of the compact vehicle segment. Just don't expect a Lexus or BMW for $20k.

What did GM's Cruze Lose?
By gandalf7719 on 02/09/11 10:40 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been eagerly anticipating the release of GM’s Cruze since it first appeared on the horizon, a compact chocked full of technology forward engineering economy and the first to bring Flex Fuel Vehicle (FFV) technology to a fuel efficient compact. So imagine my surprise when after negotiating my best deal at my local dealer when my excitement of the vehicle’s capability to run on E85 a fuel produced in America was met with a blank stare. He went on to explain that “FFVs have yellow gas caps, and the Cruze doesn’t.” In simple terms on the way to market the Cruze did lose its FFV capability un-noted in most arenas and media outpourings. So just when it seemed

2011 CRUZE 2LT Better Than Average
By bradley2 on 02/07/11 03:17 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2011 Cruze 2LT. Now has 5,000 miles. Overall, a fine car for the price. 4Cyl T more than adequate. Interior cabin design, fit and finish among the best I have ever owned from any maker. Averaging 29.5 MPG mostly HWY mosltly 75 MPH. Exterior design OK, nothing to shout about. I like the ride, steering, suspension, etc. in that it is tighter than most US cars, has more road feel and could even be described as fun. Back seat pretty tight. Dealer had to deal with (fix) a wicked rattle from driver door (window mechanism loose bolts) and trunk lid clearcoat streaks and bumps which they did at no cost to me, of course.