2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Not one regret
By maxzillian on 10/01/12 14:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car three weeks ago, used with 17,500 miles. I have since logged over 500 miles of mixed driving and so far my experience has been extremely positive. With mixed driving of 70% highway and doing one autocross event, the car still managed 35 mpg. Color me impressed! Handling is crisp and firm, reminding me of cars I've driven while in Europe. Even at 6'4", I find this compact car to be comfortable to drive, but rear seat space is lacking... it is a compact car after all. I find the 7-8 mpg gain over the typical midsize was worth sacrificing a little comfort for what few passengers I carry. Long story short, it's an economical car without the economy feeling.

16 month 26k review- still VERY happy
By matheson1977 on 12/14/11 13:40 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car continues to impress me. Well built, dependable, and im getting 35mpg average in my hilly terrain. It still feels like a more expensive car. No regrets trading my lemon 07 Camry for the Cruze. I would without a doubt recomend the Cruze.

ECO M/T STAY AWAY! ---- Bad GM cust. service!
By cruzect11 on 09/06/11 19:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got my 2011 cruze eco just over 2 months ago after having a cruze lt auto as a rental which was great! But now with my eco since day one if you have the ac on and you put it in first gear and give it some gas the car shuts off yes totally dies! Been almost hit tons of times pulling out places and sitting in traffic. The car sat at the dealer for over a month after they so called cant find anything wrong with it i get it back and it dies that day. Long story short this isnt the only cruze eco with the problem and chevy will not stand behind their product! The car is nice and rides good but thats when it runs. Stay far away from the eco! Anyone looking at any GM product cust service is BAD!

GM's Volvo?
By thkpic on 08/25/11 16:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Has enouph character to challenge a mid-size while dominating the B-segment. With a moderately raked side profile, swooping tail lights and corporate grill there's enouph design oomph to keep you interested either at the grocery store or in the showroom. Get inside and the quite cabin spanks you with sophistication while trying to detract you from the few hard plastics scattered about. The center consoles easy straight forward layout makes changing the channel, locking the doors or plugging in a IPOD childs play.

Excellent Performance/MPG Balance
By 5th_mazda on 08/19/11 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really fun to drive. We have the six speed and it really excellerates through each shift especially just above 3000 rpm when you can feel the turbo come on. We have also been pleased with the local driving gas mile of 33-34mpg but I was looking forward to see what we would get taking daughter to college. Just got back and were very pleased! Fully loaded on trip down averaging 65-70mph on first tank 39.6mpg, second tank ave 75-78mph got 36.4 and then on way back with just two of us on first tank ave 75-78 40.8mpg and second tank ave 65-68mph 43.2mpg. I think this is great for a car that is not a hybred and does not look like a hybred! US owned and made - nice job!

Back to US Owned and Made
By 5th_mazda on 07/14/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I always said I would buy a US owned and made car when they came to the table with something that really competes and that I liked. The redesigned Malibu seemed to indicate they turned the corner but was not what I was looking for. The Cruze was. Liked what I saw and read, and bought one a few weeks ago. So far I am really pleased; very good gas mileage (32-34 city/short trips), 6 spd turbo is fun to drive, and looks really sharp. I will report again after I learn more like highway mileage, etc.

3,500 miles into my ECO stick shift....
By howdee on 06/23/11 07:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

...and we finally hit the 42 mark on a trip. We really needed to mind the details to get those #s though. No more 80, try 72 or less. Windows closed, flat terrain etc. Most of our combined average is 36, pretty darn good! We bought the car for a routine 500 round trip and very pleased with the comfort/ride. My one complaint is? ( how many others experience this) Occasional, severe acceleration lag from a dead stop. Dangerous to pull out into traffic. The dealer thinks I'm imagining it since there are no codes and it always fails to occur in his presence.

Lives up to the hype!!
By katydid1 on 05/31/11 01:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a loyal Chevy buyer having had a Malibu then three Impalas since 1997. I put alot of miles on a vehicle and with the high gas prices, decided to go check out the Cruze Eco at my local dealer. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked inside and out not to mention the quiet and smooth ride for a compact car. I bought my Eco(the one I test drove) that day and have had it for almost two weeks now. I am already averaging 32mpg between city and highway driving so cant wait to see what it will be after the break in period.

DID I HEAR THE ECO CRUZE GETS AVG 31/42 MPG
By biguylw on 05/26/11 02:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

NONSENSE!!!! I have been a GM owner for the past 12 years and was always very pleased!! was looking to downgrade one vehicle because of the price of gas and I was drawn to that Ethnic add in a nursing home (VERY POOR TASTE) where the bottom line was 42 avg mpg!! I own this ECO cruze for 2 months now and from day one I had an avg mpg of 19...a far cry from the adds!! I brought the vehicle in 5 times for the same problem and they continue to tell me all is running correctly and does not qualify for the lemon Law!! The law states that if you bring in your car for three (3) times for the SAME reason and they cnnot fix it...you are entitled to a refund or replacement!! I want a repalcement

If you need a commuter car, Run
By medgeworth on 05/13/11 05:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I added the Edmunds id after I purchased the car, just so I could add my comments here. I got a new job that required a long commute. I was focused on the Elantra but they were not available for 20K with their popularity. I fell into the Cruze and was surprised by the ECO numbers. I Love the car. I drive in the fast lane, play in the corners and I still get 37MPG. Can't wait for a Road Trip. For the money and the cabin and the MPG - it's a deal Oh yea, i'm 6'4" 240, it fits fine with headroom.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in WA is:

$164 per month*