2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
After two years with Cruze LTZ
By tat1739 on 05/08/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

To follow up with my initial review of the Cruz and my experience, I submit this information. I have been in my car for over 2 years (original owner). Gas mileage is inconsistent - tends to be near the lower end of manufacture claims. Expect 25 in city/32 highway. Advertised 40 is possible, if alone, on cruise, no cargo, and going speed limit. Problems: at 28K miles, I am dealing with a leaky transmission, leaky water pump and radiator. I now have doubts over the quality & reliability. My experience with car ownership has always been: once you start putting money into the car, you keep putting money in the car. Is this going to be my destiny??

Like the cruze, hate the MPG
By easyep on 01/26/13 10:05 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in an impala for the advertised gas mileage of the cruze, I took it on a road trip to Myrtle Beach SC and averaged 31 mpg, the impala averaged 32 on the same trip on the open road. I contacted GM a number of times and was old there was nothing that could be done, took it in to a local dealership, the computer scan was normal, tried to get GM to trade it back in for another impala, no luck on that either, during this time my wife bought a new nissan versa because she drives around 150 miles per day the versa averages 38 MPG on te open road and if you use cruise control it will average 42/43 MPG. I feel GM pulled the wool over everyones eyes with the MPG on the cruze

Great Car
By kal1963 on 10/10/12 15:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Much improved quality over the Cobalt! 16000 miles and no interior noises or rattles. Car handling very responsive and fun to drive. Constant 37 mpg everyday driving - 60 miles per day commute. Very satisfied with this car.

Fantastic Automobile
By cruzer11 on 04/04/12 19:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2011 cruze ltz in April 2012 the car had 8k miles on it. After test driving several GM cars, the cruze was the ticket. I drive approx. 125miles round trip a day, 25miles of that trip are stop and go city traffic. The cruze is averaging 34.5miles per gallon, On 87 gas. I do have a lead foot so I am very pleased with mpg. The interior of the car is very well layed out, all functions are easy to use an read. The ride and pick-up is great for what the car is. I have no problem passing, merging or quick moves. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great, well built, solid,comfortable, fun to drive, automobile with luxury equipment.

Great Car!
By gwengee on 02/26/12 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed a new car and had great luck with a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. Originally I headed out to get a new model Elantra. Somehow I ended up on a Chevy lot and am glad I did! The Chevy Cruze is a solid car. Drives well, little road noise - feels like a higher end car. The engine has been designed to give you the best opportunity for great gas mileage. All in all this is a great car!

Cruze LTZ got it right!
By richvand on 01/11/12 19:48 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Chevy Cruze LTZ Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 in Cary, NC. So I have had it for almost 14 months and almost 27,000 miles. Every week, I drive about 183 miles to Richmond, VA to work a 4-day week on a large project as a training consultant. My wife and I initially looked at Toyotas and Fords before going to the Chevrolet dealership. I have previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and a GTO, so I was initially not interested in a 4 cylinder, especially one as small as 1.4 liters. I loved it from the moment I drove it off the lot. And I am still very happy with it. 33 mpg at 79 mph (3000 rpm) on interstates. Great acceleration and not one problem with it. I highly recommend it.

1 year review, love our Cruze
By ricksreview on 11/01/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have over 25,000k already. The Cruze has been very dependable. It continues to feel solid and well built. We are getting average of 38mpg with a loaded model with automatic transmission. Bought as a commuter car and we could not be more pleased with it!

Wife loves it
By mike600 on 08/17/11 16:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

we wanted to downsize into a better gas mileage car.. we choice the cruze for several reasons. we like what GM did, I love the leg room, we liked the spec on gas mileage, it had the heated leather seat opt, in which most of the smaller cars don't have (in the price range)... etc. It drives very nice on the highway.. two long trips so far. one 600 miles to Dallas, and one to southern Colorado... Maintains speed up hills.... to early to tell about the Build Qual and reliability so I gave it a 4... based off other GM cars I have owned... which have been 3.5's-4's

Put almost 4000 miles on and its rocking and rolling!!
By carrocks on 07/21/11 23:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got this car 2 weeks ago and put almost 4000 miles on it. Always hated small cars do to rough driving feel and there usually very noisy. Was scared to go with the cruze for that reason but totally blew me away when i test drove it how quite and smooth it drove! The handling by far is the best in any compact car and beats most midsize cars iv driven. Interior is nice and roomy and trunk is extremely spacious. bought it love and love it feel like i made the best decision of my life. One complaint though wish it was a little faster does seem slow at times when pushing from start but better then other compacts i have driven in the past.

Good not Great
By jdf2005 on 06/14/11 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this LTZ for a month and still not getting the EPA 36 MPG the sticker shows. Best MPG so far is 33.5! I really bought this car for 36MPG or better. Car runs good has adaquate power...transmission is clunky in shifting. I like the looks and feel of the car. It does drive well on the highway. The front and rear seats do not have enough padding and are uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Have 2500 miles on car so far...if MPG does not get better I will be upset.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*