2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
70000 miles+ Average car
By stcornish on 02/21/14 09:25 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2011 Cruze with 1.8L engine with automatic transmission. I have had the car in for I major issue. The transmission housing broke. Chevy replaced it under warranty. The dealer said it was something they never seen before. The good is the car is quiet and the ride is comfortable. I am needing new tires so 70000 miles is good. Also I got 3 years of oil changes in the deal so I so far have no out of pocket expenses. The bad is the fuel mileage of 27.8 ave. I was hoping for 30+. The ugly is the transmission program. It alway is going to the highest gear as fast as possible. There is a three second delay for down shifting as it finds the right gear which almost got hit.

Liked it for 1st year
By mnflyer on 03/19/13 13:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I enjoyed my Cruze for the 1st year and a half, even though it had it's fair share of issues covered by warranty. It handled well enough and I felt it was a good value. In 2 years I put on 43K miles mostly commuting on the highway. During the warranty period, I had 2 cases of "check engine" light on which were caused by faulty sensors. Also I had a steering issue whereby the steering would slightly stick at highway speeds. It often had a strange groaning sound from the engine. Biggest problem. "AC off due to engine overheat" It took 5 trips to the dealer to fix it. I wanted a car I could drive trouble free for many years and realized this wasn't it. I traded it in for a Hyundai.

HATE THIS CAR!!
By sshotwell756 on 08/22/12 19:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but problems from day 1! Transmission, windows, doors, brakes, ac and to top it off it pulls to the right and they can't seen to get it fixed. Every single time it goes into service it's there at least a week and the last time 2 weeks. I have never had such a bad experience with a vehicle but this has ruined the excitement of buying a new car. It never even smelled new. The gas mileage sucks. I was told 28 mpg in the city and 42 on the hwy and it doesn't even come close. It's getting 20 - 22 city and 32 on the hwy. I don't know about other owners but I will never buy another Chevrolet.

Terrible Transmission!
By jennmck on 08/17/12 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Transmission shifts hard which causes you to be jerked. It's like if someone were popping a clutch and this is in automatic!!! I have had it in the shop for the recalls and the transmission has been looked at twice. The 'computer' says it's fine. It is not fine. I filed a complaint with GM and they tried to work with the dealership on putting me in something else but nothing can be done unless I want to fork over money.

What a joy to drive!
By amous3 on 05/22/12 06:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 6 speed manual transmission is such a fun car to drive! It shifts easily and smoothly. It has plenty of safety and convenience features. Trunk space is enormous for being a smaller car. The back seat folds down to create even more space. Driver seat is comfortable even on longer rides. And the price is reasonable! I also love the fuel economy.

Everynne says they like their Cruze I don't!
By rabbin on 04/25/12 17:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

When I first purchased my Cruze I was very impressed but before I got my first 150 miles on it. I recieved a warning light that the car needed Serviced immediately! I drove quickly to a chevy dealer and they checked it out and found nothing wrong! So as I drove it happy that it was just some kind of tech. problem! I went about my happy way! However as each mo past it was problem after anouther! Everythng from peeling paint to problems in the sensors in the seats to seats that would not slide To having to replace the cluster pannel to a computer telling me the air bags needed serviced! My first 13 mo. the car has been in the shop over13 times! and MPG's nothing as many others get!

Cool little Chevy
By lilchevy on 08/24/11 19:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I do have to say that this is the first Chevy I've owned and I like it very well. My father is retired from GM and put me onto the Cruze and it has been a great value. Gets pretty good gas mileage,looks good, and the OnStar/XM radio freak'n rocks! I got the LS base model and hey for the money the car is really nice. The interior is laid out very well and the trunk space is more than I expected plus the ride quality is freak'n awsome. I'm glad i bought it!

Not bad...not bad at all
By tinalo on 07/20/11 05:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Got this car to save on gas since I drive 600miles a week to work. Only have 3000 miles on it and already up to 34 MPG. (Hoping it gets up to 42!) I really like the hands free phone feature! Haven't yet figured out the navigation yet though.

Amazed
By cruze0414 on 05/07/11 23:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I average about 28mpg and I do mostly city driving. I love a lot of the intuitive features that the car has built in. The doors can be set to unlock as soon as you put the car in park, or not. Its your choice. The bluetooth automatically turns down the air conditioning so your calls can be heard clearly. It is a pleasure to drive a car that handles as well as it does and has all the options that it does for a base model. I enjoy the Onstar back up phone minutes too. Very handy.

Bang for the buck (paid $15400) 45 MPG! All features
By flyusmc on 05/03/11 11:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow first off, if I drive this car at 60 MPH highway I get OVER 45 mpg!!! I average over 33 combine with just over 3500 miles on it. It is one of the best riding cars out there. I hated the automatic so I bought the manual and boy am I happy I did so. A way better car. I have the connectivity package and paid only 15400 out the door. Smart interior and functional for my 2 kids. Quiet ride also. Plenty of trunk space and a real unexpected treat of a car. The LS is the value king and has most of the features you want as long as you get the $225 connectivity package. This is the first Chevy I have had 0 issues with so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*