Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

great mpg's yes, build quality not so much.
By cjonesls7

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like the title says. I bought this car used. I wasn't expecting a new car but I was expecting some kind of stand. Interior is clean and roomy, leather seats a little hard, LCD is a nice touch and the upgraded sound system is great in theory. In the 6 months I have owned this car ,mind you nothing was wrong with it when I bought it. I now have two blown out subs, check engine light that repeatedly comes on, steering wheel that is falling apart and a transmission I am convinced thinks it's supposed to be a manual. not impressed and I have owned a boat load of chevys. this by far is the absolute worst I have ever had. my 16 year old trans am that has a dead fuel pump has more value to me.

Take pride in your work. this may be the last gm product I buy after owning, 02 z28, 07 Monte Carlo ss, 99 trans am, 99 gtp, 89 celebrity, 95 grand am, 09 g8 gt, and have been saving for a corvette.

I love this car!! Really.
By Kirk Paulding

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Cruze NEW in the spring of 2011. It is metallic black with the cocoa/light neutral interior. We have almost 61,000 miles on this car and it is my wife's commuter car. She averages 27-28 mpg. Our Cruze handles quite well with excellent 'road feel'. This car looks awesome inside and out and is surprisingly comfortable in the front (IMHO). Other than a leaky water pump, which was replaced under warranty (our dealer also flushed out the cooling system at NC) and a minor transmission leak, also under warranty, this vehicle has been a joy to own. Our dealer's service department is exceptional and puts the customer first (my personal experience).

Heated seats, heated side-view mirrors, hands free phone calling (and remote start via smart phone app), electronic tire pressure monitoring system, large trunk, backup sensors, peppy engine, and excellent brakes. As I stated above, I think that the exterior styling is OUTSTANDING for a car in this class. To me, looks matter.

An adult size center arm rest. The one that comes with the Cruze is quite small. Also, I think that ALL cars should have heated side-view mirrors as standard safety equipment. It makes a huge difference in snow country.

After two years with Cruze LTZ
By tat1739

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

To follow up with my initial review of the Cruz and my experience, I submit this information. I have been in my car for over 2 years (original owner). Gas mileage is inconsistent - tends to be near the lower end of manufacture claims. Expect 25 in city/32 highway. Advertised 40 is possible, if alone, on cruise, no cargo, and going speed limit. Problems: at 28K miles, I am dealing with a leaky transmission, leaky water pump and radiator. I now have doubts over the quality & reliability. My experience with car ownership has always been: once you start putting money into the car, you keep putting money in the car. Is this going to be my destiny??

I still like the interior design. The instrument panel/lighted dash is nice. I'm 5'5" and feel the car is perfectly sized for me - a small car with a big car feel. Pep in engine with turbo is a 4-cylinder car's best friend. Back up sensors are an asset and should be a requirement of all cars; it is THAT beneficial.

The console armrest is wimpy and remains annoying. Even when armrest is moved forward, it still lacks space to rest elbow comfortably and has ZERO value. A higher hatchback version of the Cruz would be nice. A few extra inches in height would make getting in and out much nicer. The fan on heat/ac feature is loud and annoying. Trunk release is needed inside car. (You currently have to take key out of ignition and open trunk. Interior gas lid release.

Like the cruze, hate the MPG
By easyep

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in an impala for the advertised gas mileage of the cruze, I took it on a road trip to Myrtle Beach SC and averaged 31 mpg, the impala averaged 32 on the same trip on the open road. I contacted GM a number of times and was old there was nothing that could be done, took it in to a local dealership, the computer scan was normal, tried to get GM to trade it back in for another impala, no luck on that either, during this time my wife bought a new nissan versa because she drives around 150 miles per day the versa averages 38 MPG on te open road and if you use cruise control it will average 42/43 MPG. I feel GM pulled the wool over everyones eyes with the MPG on the cruze

Plenty of power for a 4 cyclinder, sporty looks, drives and handles well, rides good for a smaller car and like most of the features on the LTZ.

Dont use false advertising on MPG just to sell cars, greed sometimes takes over though.

Great Car
By kal1963

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Much improved quality over the Cobalt! 16000 miles and no interior noises or rattles. Car handling very responsive and fun to drive. Constant 37 mpg everyday driving - 60 miles per day commute. Very satisfied with this car.

Automatic climate control, remote start w/heated seats & rear defrost auto turn on, handling, performance, and great gas mileage.

Dual zone heat.