2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Death Trap
By trivera21 on 10/14/14 07:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I found a great gently used deal and it turned out to be an absolute lemon. Thermostat housing unit, switch pump valve, hoses, oxygen sensors, spark plugs, ignition coil...you name it, I had to replace it. Engine overheating, check engine light constantly being on, never being able to use the automatic start...This car isn't worth the $300/month payments. I could care less about the gas mileage it gets me, because I'm having to put hundreds into keeping it running. Recall after recall and now brake issues? No thanks. Stay far away. I'm trading this puppy in for a jeep.

Great Little Car
By flrfselscrs on 03/24/14 06:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze new in August 2011 and have driven it 53,000 miles. So far there have been no maintenance issues. I've only had to change the oil every 7000 miles or so, and replace the tires, which are inexpensive. In addition to costing me very little, the car's performance meets my needs. On the highway, I get 32-37 MPG, but my overall average is 27.5. It has performed admirably in all weather conditions (including heavy snow with a set of winter tires) and even on an autocross course. The car's tiny turbo is a must for me; it's not terrifying to accelerate onto the highway in a Cruze like it has been in other small cars I've driven. Overall, I love this little car.

My third & final review
By tat1739 on 02/04/14 07:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I now am looking forward to selling my Cruze. Tomorrow I will be back in the garage for a third transmission leak issue. In addition to a water pump recall and an additional leak, and a radiator leak, and a recall on brakes, and a loose motor mount, I am officially done with this car. I remain satisfied with the interior, but feel that the exterior is looking 'dated' with new car styles coming out. It does still get 40 mpg, when I drive on cruise, within the speed limit, on flat hwys and without cargo or passengers. Otherwise, expect 27-32 mpg. As a former Civic owner of 10 years without even one single issue, the car does not impress.

2011 1LT Cruze is a GREAT Little Car
By dwalsh2 on 03/05/13 06:32 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have now had this car for just over two years and almost 21K miles. I have never had a car that I enjoyed as much. When I first purchased it, there were lots of little "back to the dealer" fixes, but they were all corrected. I am pleased with the mpg, though I know foreign cars of similar size typically get better. I drive a combination of city and highway and typically get about 29 to 29 mpg. I do not feel like I am driving a small car. Recently, I had a rear-ender in which the other driver slammed into me at a pretty good clip. The trunk lid was damaged and the bumper was, but it wasn't very obvious. I was able to drive away, while the other driver was not.

More than meets mediocre expectations
By jackstraw93 on 12/30/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The most common complaint everybody has is that there is a problem with the transmission. After test driving dozens of cars in this class and finally buying this one I can say the computer operated transmission is STRANGE but youll have the same problems on all other cars with the ctv transmission. That being said I so far love the car. It is very comfortable in the front seats, and for the price crams alot more technology into it than any other car ive seen in its class. Very quite ride, very smooth ride, and while it's not "Fun" to drive, (I do miss my truck with it's RWD and tire smoking fun) its VERY plesent, very quiet, very very smooth, great on gas if you aren't driving like an idiot

bad experience
By the_master1 on 11/27/12 07:59 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my Honda Accord for 2011 Chevy Cruze 1LT with 17000 Mileage, convising my self that buying American brand would be the best decision! but i guess i was wrong. the problems with this care started 2nd week: noise in dash board, transmission shift very hard, I took the car to 4 GM dealer they all said it s normal " the transmission learning how you drive" really? I Drove to Detroit twice i meet with the head of customer service, and complain Dep but they did not do anything! this car is a trash and the new transmission that GM Praise is a joke! when the temperature drop below 30 you are screwed. after owning the car for 8 months (waisting money, time..) i traded to better quality.

Chevy Cruze - After 2 years.
By tat1739 on 10/07/12 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Up-dating my original review (written 3 mo. into ownership). My car is now 2 years old/28K miles. How do I feel now? Still pleased with performance. Turbo has gumption making me happy with its 4 cyl. Gas mileage is what sticker says if you are on cruise control, highway, no mts, and riding alone. I avg. 25-28 mpg, which is disappointing for small car. The arm rest console is horrible! Too small to rest forearm on. It bugs me all the time, even when armrest is pulled forward. The fan to the heating & a/c is loud, annoying, and sounds "cheap". Buttons for heating/cooling controls are too low for easy viewing. My first American-made car that I have been pleased with.

Chevy Cruze 2012
By wildcatmom on 08/20/12 04:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fantastic car! I really like it. It seems a little snug at first but anything that it might lack in comfort it more than makes up for on the road. Gas mileage is unbelieveable and it handles well. Not like the 4 cylinders I remember from way-back-when.....definitely check this car out before you buy a any other!

Wonderfully Perfect,Sporty,Luxury at an affordable price
By jjj1989 on 07/19/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought My Cruze brand new In 2011, I drove off the lot with only 7 miles on the ODO. I now have 25750 miles on It. Happy to state that I've never had any problems with my car. This is a wonderful car for a starter family, or for anyone who wants to own a new car at an affordable price. It's more value for the money than Toyota Corolla,Honda Civic, It's quieter, Much better then Any other car I test drove. For a first year vehicle reliability Has been above average for me. Plus It has a nice luxury look to the vehicle at a great price. Ignore the people that complain about it, their either the ones that drive like maniacs or the ones who do not keep up with the Maint.

By nolikecheve on 07/07/12 08:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze in Nov of 10. I have had shifting issues from the get go. The dealership made me feel like it was all in my head. Since I have hit the 18000 mile mark, I have had nothing but problems with the transmission and electrical system. I have had it in the shop 6 tims in the last 2 mths and to 2 different dealerships. I was told that there is nothing they can do to fix my car. I was back there just this morning with the tire pressure sensor. It is not the firs time... It keep saying my rt front tire need air AND the just roated my tires 2 weeks ago. What is up with that?

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*