2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

LTZ Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
great mpg's yes, build quality not so much.
By cjonesls7 on 02/24/15 08:34 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like the title says. I bought this car used. I wasn't expecting a new car but I was expecting some kind of stand. Interior is clean and roomy, leather seats a little hard, LCD is a nice touch and the upgraded sound system is great in theory. In the 6 months I have owned this car ,mind you nothing was wrong with it when I bought it. I now have two blown out subs, check engine light that repeatedly comes on, steering wheel that is falling apart and a transmission I am convinced thinks it's supposed to be a manual. not impressed and I have owned a boat load of chevys. this by far is the absolute worst I have ever had. my 16 year old trans am that has a dead fuel pump has more value to me.

I love this car!! Really.
By Kirk Paulding on 02/18/15 09:18 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Cruze NEW in the spring of 2011. It is metallic black with the cocoa/light neutral interior. We have almost 61,000 miles on this car and it is my wife's commuter car. She averages 27-28 mpg. Our Cruze handles quite well with excellent 'road feel'. This car looks awesome inside and out and is surprisingly comfortable in the front (IMHO). Other than a leaky water pump, which was replaced under warranty (our dealer also flushed out the cooling system at NC) and a minor transmission leak, also under warranty, this vehicle has been a joy to own. Our dealer's service department is exceptional and puts the customer first (my personal experience).

After two years with Cruze LTZ
By tat1739 on 05/08/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

To follow up with my initial review of the Cruz and my experience, I submit this information. I have been in my car for over 2 years (original owner). Gas mileage is inconsistent - tends to be near the lower end of manufacture claims. Expect 25 in city/32 highway. Advertised 40 is possible, if alone, on cruise, no cargo, and going speed limit. Problems: at 28K miles, I am dealing with a leaky transmission, leaky water pump and radiator. I now have doubts over the quality & reliability. My experience with car ownership has always been: once you start putting money into the car, you keep putting money in the car. Is this going to be my destiny??

Like the cruze, hate the MPG
By easyep on 01/26/13 10:05 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in an impala for the advertised gas mileage of the cruze, I took it on a road trip to Myrtle Beach SC and averaged 31 mpg, the impala averaged 32 on the same trip on the open road. I contacted GM a number of times and was old there was nothing that could be done, took it in to a local dealership, the computer scan was normal, tried to get GM to trade it back in for another impala, no luck on that either, during this time my wife bought a new nissan versa because she drives around 150 miles per day the versa averages 38 MPG on te open road and if you use cruise control it will average 42/43 MPG. I feel GM pulled the wool over everyones eyes with the MPG on the cruze

Great Car
By kal1963 on 10/10/12 15:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Much improved quality over the Cobalt! 16000 miles and no interior noises or rattles. Car handling very responsive and fun to drive. Constant 37 mpg everyday driving - 60 miles per day commute. Very satisfied with this car.

Fantastic Automobile
By cruzer11 on 04/04/12 19:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2011 cruze ltz in April 2012 the car had 8k miles on it. After test driving several GM cars, the cruze was the ticket. I drive approx. 125miles round trip a day, 25miles of that trip are stop and go city traffic. The cruze is averaging 34.5miles per gallon, On 87 gas. I do have a lead foot so I am very pleased with mpg. The interior of the car is very well layed out, all functions are easy to use an read. The ride and pick-up is great for what the car is. I have no problem passing, merging or quick moves. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great, well built, solid,comfortable, fun to drive, automobile with luxury equipment.

Great Car!
By gwengee on 02/26/12 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed a new car and had great luck with a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. Originally I headed out to get a new model Elantra. Somehow I ended up on a Chevy lot and am glad I did! The Chevy Cruze is a solid car. Drives well, little road noise - feels like a higher end car. The engine has been designed to give you the best opportunity for great gas mileage. All in all this is a great car!

Cruze LTZ got it right!
By richvand on 01/11/12 19:48 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Chevy Cruze LTZ Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 in Cary, NC. So I have had it for almost 14 months and almost 27,000 miles. Every week, I drive about 183 miles to Richmond, VA to work a 4-day week on a large project as a training consultant. My wife and I initially looked at Toyotas and Fords before going to the Chevrolet dealership. I have previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and a GTO, so I was initially not interested in a 4 cylinder, especially one as small as 1.4 liters. I loved it from the moment I drove it off the lot. And I am still very happy with it. 33 mpg at 79 mph (3000 rpm) on interstates. Great acceleration and not one problem with it. I highly recommend it.

1 year review, love our Cruze
By ricksreview on 11/01/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have over 25,000k already. The Cruze has been very dependable. It continues to feel solid and well built. We are getting average of 38mpg with a loaded model with automatic transmission. Bought as a commuter car and we could not be more pleased with it!

Wife loves it
By mike600 on 08/17/11 16:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

we wanted to downsize into a better gas mileage car.. we choice the cruze for several reasons. we like what GM did, I love the leg room, we liked the spec on gas mileage, it had the heated leather seat opt, in which most of the smaller cars don't have (in the price range)... etc. It drives very nice on the highway.. two long trips so far. one 600 miles to Dallas, and one to southern Colorado... Maintains speed up hills.... to early to tell about the Build Qual and reliability so I gave it a 4... based off other GM cars I have owned... which have been 3.5's-4's