Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Worst mistake of my life
By Eric Maiden

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

At first I was excited to have my first brand new car but once the test drive was over and the paperwork was signed the nightmare began. My first day with the car I had a service airbag warning appear. Took it to the dealer they flashed the computer everything was OK or so I thought. Just before my first service I had noticed a bunch of extra wind noise in the cabin so when I talked to the dealership they said no problem we will fix it. However during the visit to the shop my brand new car was backed into a pole ... They tried to fix the damage but only caused more problems scratches in the plastic dents in the rocker panels paint runs ... It took over 9 months to get it back to brand new status and the noise in the cockpit was still there. The car will surge when it is first started until it gets up to operating temperature. I have had several oil leaks and it took 4 tries to get the intake manifold gasket fixed properly. The paint is flaking off that started at 40k miles the trunk button stopped working at 50k miles, have replaced all of the light bulbs (currently have 80k on the odometer) and at 78k miles the ac stopped working... Tried to get help from general motors but they refuse to admit I got a lemon I am currently in the market but will never buy another Chevy again

very nice functional car
By Scott Thompson

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

So far so good!
By Josh R

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Car has just passed 120,000 miles. I commute long distance with my job so this car has received a lot of highway miles. MPG is ok (upper 20's, lower 30's). Drives quiet and smooth. Great road handling. I am 6' tall with a husky build and I can get in and out very well, backseat not so well. Have only had to replace a PCV valve cover (out of warranty) and a cracked thermostat housing (In warranty) and the required recalls. Hoping I can get a few more miles out of it.

If auto shopping steer clear of this expensive car
By Jeffrey Horstman

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Okay so I bought mine brand new back in July of 2011, literally the first 30,000 miles were okay. First 15,000 miles i had numerous recalls and recalls, about 8 total. At 16,000 miles the car died when backing up into the street? by The time my vehicle reached 35,000 miles , the " check traction control" & " engine power reduced " light illuminated on the dashboard and my vehicle stalled in the parking lot at work. The Throttle Body malfunctioned and failed. Towed to the dealer and a day later it was fixed under power train warranty. Cd player and Navigation screen went out at 47,000 due to some short, so another trip to the dealer Navigation system replaced and new cd player replaced as well as the negative battery cable terminal. At 49,500 miles on the vehicle had to have the coolant system serviced, awful coolant smell in the cabin numerous times, found the leak fixed under warranty. At 51,000 Coolant leak again near the Reservoir tank. Both the hose and tank replaced under power train warranty. At 53,000 miles again Coolant system need flushing because another leak. At 55,000 miles the Coolant system was leaking again near the radiator. At 57,800 miles the coolant Reservoir tank replaced again as well as Radiator cap. At 59,000 miles Coolant serviced again for mysterious vanishing coolant no leak apparant yet horrendous smell in the Cabin. At 65,755 miles the Defrost Actuators failed loud popping sound when changing modes from defrost to feet etc. About $875.00 later fixed. Oil leak at 69,000 miles in multiple places, the oil cooler lines replaced as well as the Valve cover gasket and some seals as well. At 72,000 Speedometer in cabin makes ticking noise and constantly stuck. At 72,800 miles the car mysteriously died at 1 am, no power and key was stuck in the ignition. Towed to the dealer and two days later confirmed no issues and vehicle started for them? Oil leak again at 81,000 miles. At 85,000 miles 90,000 oil leaking again as well as coolant. At 93,000 miles the "Theft alert system" went crazy, car alarm was going off for no reason at sporadic times throughout a couple of days, as well as hood latch broke and trunk latch. At 96,000 miles rear window defogger went out, At 97,500 miles the rear passanger power window broke. At 107,000 Miles the car had to be towed 45 miles to the dealership From Madison due to coolant completely leaked out and left my family and I stranded for two hours in the winter. At 115,000 another coolant leak. At 116,000 Oil leak again, dealer seems to think PCV valve is going bad. Unfortunately i have $5,000 in negative equity Thanks to general Motors or also known as Governement Motors. The value of Cruze is basically Worthless , a lot of Cruzes are sitting on used dealer lots going unsold for this reason. I know I'm not alone , I've heard lots of people have had more problems too! Please do your self a favor, steer clear and buy anything else other than the Cruze. I have always been a Chevrolet man, after my experience with this car, I can't wat until its paid off in two years and i can get out of it! Its a money hog and it's pathetic as well as annoying having to be in the service shop what seems to be like every other month or so. I hope the next two years of ownership hurry up!

Excellent transportation
By Peter Creary

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun car to drive. Very guiet inside. In my opinion manual transmission is the way to go. Drove Las Vegas to Boston on a three week trip and return very comfortable. I'm 6ft. tall.