Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

So far so good!
By Josh R

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Car has just passed 120,000 miles. I commute long distance with my job so this car has received a lot of highway miles. MPG is ok (upper 20's, lower 30's). Drives quiet and smooth. Great road handling. I am 6' tall with a husky build and I can get in and out very well, backseat not so well. Have only had to replace a PCV valve cover (out of warranty) and a cracked thermostat housing (In warranty) and the required recalls. Hoping I can get a few more miles out of it.

If auto shopping steer clear of this expensive car
By Jeffrey Horstman

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Okay so I bought mine brand new back in July of 2011, literally the first 30,000 miles were okay. First 15,000 miles i had numerous recalls and recalls, about 8 total. At 16,000 miles the car died when backing up into the street? by The time my vehicle reached 35,000 miles , the " check traction control" & " engine power reduced " light illuminated on the dashboard and my vehicle stalled in the parking lot at work. The Throttle Body malfunctioned and failed. Towed to the dealer and a day later it was fixed under power train warranty. Cd player and Navigation screen went out at 47,000 due to some short, so another trip to the dealer Navigation system replaced and new cd player replaced as well as the negative battery cable terminal. At 49,500 miles on the vehicle had to have the coolant system serviced, awful coolant smell in the cabin numerous times, found the leak fixed under warranty. At 51,000 Coolant leak again near the Reservoir tank. Both the hose and tank replaced under power train warranty. At 53,000 miles again Coolant system need flushing because another leak. At 55,000 miles the Coolant system was leaking again near the radiator. At 57,800 miles the coolant Reservoir tank replaced again as well as Radiator cap. At 59,000 miles Coolant serviced again for mysterious vanishing coolant no leak apparant yet horrendous smell in the Cabin. At 65,755 miles the Defrost Actuators failed loud popping sound when changing modes from defrost to feet etc. About $875.00 later fixed. Oil leak at 69,000 miles in multiple places, the oil cooler lines replaced as well as the Valve cover gasket and some seals as well. At 72,000 Speedometer in cabin makes ticking noise and constantly stuck. At 72,800 miles the car mysteriously died at 1 am, no power and key was stuck in the ignition. Towed to the dealer and two days later confirmed no issues and vehicle started for them? Oil leak again at 81,000 miles. At 85,000 miles 90,000 oil leaking again as well as coolant. At 93,000 miles the "Theft alert system" went crazy, car alarm was going off for no reason at sporadic times throughout a couple of days, as well as hood latch broke and trunk latch. At 96,000 miles rear window defogger went out, At 97,500 miles the rear passanger power window broke. At 107,000 Miles the car had to be towed 45 miles to the dealership From Madison due to coolant completely leaked out and left my family and I stranded for two hours in the winter. At 115,000 another coolant leak. At 116,000 Oil leak again, dealer seems to think PCV valve is going bad. Unfortunately i have $5,000 in negative equity Thanks to general Motors or also known as Governement Motors. The value of Cruze is basically Worthless , a lot of Cruzes are sitting on used dealer lots going unsold for this reason. I know I'm not alone , I've heard lots of people have had more problems too! Please do your self a favor, steer clear and buy anything else other than the Cruze. I have always been a Chevrolet man, after my experience with this car, I can't wat until its paid off in two years and i can get out of it! Its a money hog and it's pathetic as well as annoying having to be in the service shop what seems to be like every other month or so. I hope the next two years of ownership hurry up!

Excellent transportation
By Peter Creary

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun car to drive. Very guiet inside. In my opinion manual transmission is the way to go. Drove Las Vegas to Boston on a three week trip and return very comfortable. I'm 6ft. tall.

Don't buy it.
By Marissa

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had wayyyyy too much trouble with this car in the past year. I'm at about 74,000 miles at the moment but it's just recall after recall and problem after problem. I feel like I'm at the dealer every other month. I'm currently at the dealer getting a new turbo charger, last month the hoses were leaking and something was cracked, month before it was something else that I can't even remember. It's all been covered but it's also all been a headache.

Sitting at dealer ship again
By Michelle

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our cruze is only 2011 and I know I have brought our car to dealer 5 times this makes six times in 3 year...IAM SO PISSED ALL I CAN SAY RIGHT NOW IS WOW...Every time it's something close to the engine but not close enough the pawertrai kicks in...[non-permissible content removed]

• SUV