2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Selectable Economy for Your Power
By Warren Mobley

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Smoke the tires, lay 100 ft. of rubber, run at 160 MPH or just cruise at 80 MPH at 31.1 MPG. This is not your father's Sports Car !!! Traction control works and is advisable normally but if you want to GO switch to Track mode and turn off traction control. Just keep in mind there is nothing reasonable to repair on this car. A clear on ramp will leave you going 100 MPH which is way faster than the traffic you are merging into so brakes if used sparingly are needed. By the way the brakes work great just remember this is a base model so expect pushing it will heat the brakes causing fade and reduced life. Just limit your play time and this car will give good service for a long time. Power is power so 455 HP will go to 650 HP with just addition of a $5000 supercharger but there are reasons why there is a $30000 difference between base and Z06. Thirty percent is GM greed but the other 70% is all need. So don't just jack up the horsepower and think you beat the curve. Mine is Shark Grey Metallic, what a beautiful car !!!

Manual or Auto?
By Taxguy

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I recently traded in my LT1 2015 with 8 speed auto for a 2016 with 7 speed manual. I've always been a manual transmission guy with my sports cars and auto for the family sedans. I bought the automatic believing the paddle shift would simulate the manual experience. After almost two years of driving, I can say that the automatic doesn't deliver the classic sports car "feel." The downshifting is where I mostly notice the difference. The manual transmission Vette is a very different experience. I now feel that I'm really driving the manual Vette, not just putting the car in Drive and aiming it. I do mostly around town driving, so rarely get the car out of fourth gear, so constant shifting is not a hassle. The transmission shifts smoothly once I got used to the stiff clutch and found the correct shift points. So, if you're shopping for a Vette, my advice is to try both transmissions before you buy.

Z51 for life
By LesZ51

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray Z51 w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my 1st corvette and I absolutely love the car. The power is simply amazing! I have an M7 and when I add the active rev match and mash the petal this car moves.... The seats are comfortable and I am surprised how quickly I adjusted to sitting so low to the ground. Once your in the cabin you only notice how low you are when you pull up to a light with an SUV next to you. The sound system is great and the subwoofer makes the Windows rattle. If their was a complaint I would have to say that when the drive mode is set to "E" the steering wheel is rather loose. If you should decide to purchase a vette get ready for the admirers as at one point or another we all were.

Spectacular! Love the C7
By Joe F

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my third Corvette purchase. I had two C5's, a 98 Coupe and 99 Convertible, and I still have the C5 Coupe. The evolution in Corvette styling did not appeal to me at first. However it took a couple years for the C7 to grow on me, now I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I still love the C5 for the car that it is, and the C7 for the car it became. My only personal drawback (this is obviously a reflection of my age) is the extensive use of electronics on the newer Corvette. Guess that this could be interpeted as: I am flawed, the C7 is perfect. Our technically dependent society says so. :-)

Z51
By Draven

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray Z51 w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

My 2016 Torch Red corvette is a beast. Rides like a space shuttle/jet. Modern like a 1st class space ship. I love it.