2015 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

I was vetted
By Elliott LLoyd

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray 2dr Coupe w/1LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The physical appearance of the C7 Corvette is outstanding. I was looking into purchasing a used C6 when Chevy announced the C7. I read every peace of material I could about the car. I've had the Vette for a year now and it still has a visual appeal.
However the biggest thing Chevy got wrong with the 2015 Corvette is the Navigation/Radio system. I have a 2012 Ford F150 with Sync that is more user friendly and a much quicker response. When my cell rings and I answer it through the navigation system it is so slow to answer, I've occasionally miss the call.
I purchased the 7 speed manual, although I haven't driven a manual transmission in 20 years I figured once I got the hang of it, it would be like a never stopped. I've gotten better in the year since I've had the Vette but the gears a not spaced properly and it is very easy to go from third gear to seventh gear.
Lastly the trunk release is located in a poor location and the trunk is hard to open and even harder to close.
Chevy didn't hit a homerun with the C7 but it's a triple. Sorry to say if I had it to do over again I'd purchase a Porsche Panamera.

Present Imperfect
By EasternShoreMan

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray 2dr Coupe w/1LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

The 2015 Corvette StingRay is a helluva buy, but it has too many flaws and compromises to be a "great" all around sports/touring car.
First, the good parts: The styling is, from most angles, gorgeous. It will turn heads and get "thumbs up" from passers-by. Some "Corvette guys" do not like the rear end because it lacks the traditional round taillights. This is merely a matter of taste. Overall, the exterior design is a winner even if it does create a bunch of nooks and crannies to clean. The engine also does not disappoint. The StingRay has gobs of muscle and a wonderful Made in USA V-8 sound that will put a smile on your face. The car is built low to the ground. It can be difficult for older folks to enter/exit and the long nose makes for visibility challenges in parking lots with concrete barriers. The rear hatch has a troublesome latch assembly which needs to be slammed shut rather than merely closed and the automatic hatch opening switch on the dash is positioned too close to the driver's door; I have opened the hatch with my knee a dozen times slipping into the driver's seat.
Those who live in a four season climate need to consider whether they want the "summer only" 20 inch rear tires. I have no idea whether the Goodyears are really unmanageable below 40 degrees as the warnings state. My choice was the Michelin year round set up. Whatever, this is not a snow car, at least not with me behind the wheel.
Where the StingRay disappoints most is inside. Here the layout is good and straightforward but the materials used are just so-so, closer to WalMart than Brooks Brothers. No matter what color interior you choose, it will be mostly black. It is unlikely your salesman will tell you that on a sunny summer day the amount of glass in this car makes the cockpit uncomfortably hot (even with the A.C. cranked up full bore) unless you are willing to take out the roof panel or buy an after-market insert. BTW, the insert does fix the problem and one wonders why GM doesn't simply include it as an option.
The seat belt guides are poorly positioned and I have given up on trying to keep mine in the intended track. Similarly, the seat release is placed quite low and would be more user-friendly if it were higher on the seat back. The basic seats in the LT1 version are borderline with only minimal adjustments possible. Lack of bolstering is an increasing issue for me. Why GM skimped on standard heating - something that comes on Japanese cars costing half as much - and position memory is a mystery.
The Navigation system is a real P.O.S. It is very slow in taking input and recently in driving through a strange city at night, the spoken directions lagged reality by a block or more. Overall it is a disgrace to General Motors. Once, and only once so far, the touch screen went blank for half a day and then suddenly reappeared. Nor am I a fan of the other techno stuff, but maybe that is just age talking. I refuse to accept the facile explanation, "well, what do you expect, its a Chevy." I believe Detroit can design and the UAW can build an automobile just as well as Klaus and Helmut in Stuttgart. The idea that "they are trying to sell it to kids," is also a non-starter; how many kids can buy a $60,000+ two seat car?
Don't misunderstand, this is super car FOR THE MONEY, but it could be so much better! Looking forward to the C8.

How do you spell Fun? CORVETTE
By Gary Graham

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe w/2LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Mine is an 8 speed automatic (no choice to select). I had a 2001 Corvette C5 convertible for years. Fantastic car. Then I drove a 2015 C7 Z51 wih magnetic ride (shocks), NPP (exhaust), PDR (Performance Data Review) video, etc, etc options. As a retired 68 year old driver of 50+ cars (many of those sports cars), I fell in love with this car immediately. This is no "garage queen". I drive my Corvette. I had taken a sports car driving course in Florida several years ago, so I can and do drive spiritedly. I can appreciate what the C7 can do. I am taking another course soon at the Ron Fellows Corvette Stingray Owners course to learn even more about this beauty. The service support is wonderful. Get to know your Service Advisor. He will become your friend because most of them are true specialists and appreciate the Corvette's uniqueness. I get 21 mpg around town and 29+ mpg on the road. The MIchelin "summer only" high performance tires track beautifully, but lose some of that "stickiness" in cold weather (<32 degrees F).

Incredible!!!!!
By skull44x

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe w/2LT (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

From the moment you see this car you will be sold. Then you get in, turn the key and hear the engine roar...game over. This car blows away everything that I have ever driven. I had the C5, SS Camaro, Charger R/T and now my backup car is an Audi S5. None of these cars come close to the C7.

Please note that I have a 2015 Z51 automatic. There was no selection for this car on the review form.

Power, Power, Power! Engine sound from the performance exhaust. Stereo is great too. Interior fit and finish is quality, seats are comfortable and I enjoy the video from the performance data and video recorder. Transmission is smooth. Heads up display is a must.

After my first 2,000 miles, I can not come up with any improvements.