Used 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

My 2nd Vette
By Lewis

2012 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

A nice car seats are OK not great. Did 3600 mile six day Route 66 trip and car performed great but by end of day. It felt good to get out of seat and give back & rear end a break!

Best sports car value!
By Alan jackson

2012 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I average 24 mpg with 28-32 mpg on the highway. I use the recommended high octane gas to avoid any possible engine problems. It is not as comfortable as my Lexus 350 but for a sports car it is very good. The only cost to me has been new tires (all-season Mich. run-flats) and oil changes. I've had some minor alarm glitches and the headlight lens have crazed (?). High performance tires don't last as long as regular tires. Having said the aforementioned, it is still the best sports car value on the market, bar none. Fun to drive. It puts a smile on my face! I plan to get a C7 within two years with it's upgraded design features. Buy one and have some fun!

Fun and noticeable car
By rob_martin214

2012 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. Who wouldnt but living in Toronto Canada I overpaid somewhat.2012 Inferno Orange 3LT auto coupe stickers at $72,000 ! here. I got a brand new dealer left over in January 2013 for $58,000. a good deal here but not when u consider the canadian dollar at near parity with US and the same car is stickered at $53,000 ! in Buffalo N.Y. only 140 KM from me. That being said I have only put 3000 KM in 3 months and the car is flawless and turns heads at many intersections even though the design is almost 7 years old. Solid starting , handling and very controlled. views and seating much improved since mid 90's.

Comfortable seats though like all GM leather seats they wear fast compared to Nissan which is bullet proof and the Germans. The HUD display has a G-force indicator which is pretty cool. The transparent roof though does not have a under cover and is seems to bring in sunlight and its never as dark as the c5 which had a screw in cover for the Transparent roof.

I think all my suggestions have been put in place with the c7 which covers the over plasticky interior and the super big butt rear design.