2011 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: 2011 Coupe Auto Trans

2011 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

2011 Coupe Auto Trans
By chuckdi on

2011 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

GM claims top speed of 190 MPH for Coupe. GM warranties drive train for 5 years or 100K miles. Perfect fitting of body. Rides like a Cadillac with soft ride syspension (which I have) or select a ride syspension which is more expensive. 3LT trim is great with head up display, better interior trim and push button retractable seats and steering wheel.

Head up display, run flat tires and OnStar. GM power train warranty...5 years/100k miles. Great power 436 HP with dual mode exhaust which I have and great fuel economy for the power...my Vette averaged 27 MPG on the freeway and its auto trans. Great stopping power due to its light weight...3225 lbs. manual, 3275 lbs. auto. Very quite at high speeds due to one the lowest drag coefficients....28 vs. .34 for the ZO6. With 428 lbs. of torque, I doubt most people can handle it if floored at a standing start.

It cost me over 2K in accessories, which GM should have make standard or optional. Chrome door handles. Color matched spoiler and mud guards, chrome led tail lights, chrome engine coil covers, chrome mesh side covers.