My first Vette, bought one year older than average!
By gladiator55 on
2011 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
Wanted an LT3, but got an LT1 with A/T, performance exhaust (noisy just when pushed) and chrome wheels (less demanding than the alloys on my 2002 BMW 530) and saved $7000. Missed some extras, but I think can live without them.
Favorite Features
Style that flows and seems timeless. Civilized ride for a sport car. Good ergonomics. Useful trunk. Removable roof. Better millage than expected. On Star navigation is good but a navigation system is better! Some cheap cars come with blue tooth , but GM will charge for using their hands free calling option once the free period is over.
Suggested Improvements
I bought my son a new Jetta 2010, made in Mexico for $ 20 000, the power windows are one touch up/down, the glove compartment door belongs to a luxury car. My Vette glove box door was taken from a WT Silverado 2006. I almost threw away an L shaped piece of plastic, but realized was the passengers reclining lever. I thought the hood was misaligned, but discovered that the problem was where the drivers fender meets the front fascia...both pieces aren't flush! Be careful with the sharp front edges of the seats rails! It was pulling to the right and improved a little after a visit to the dealer, they will check it again soon.