First Vette
By msm8221 on
2010 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
I've own a lot of cars and for the money (I paid 45k -less tax) for a base after 6K discount from GM and 3K from dealer, this is a bargain compared to the SS/RS ragtop Camaro which has few incentives. @ 430 HP, it isn't a bone crusher and I'm sure the manual tranny SS Camaro will stomp it to death in a 1/4 mile. Nice fit-finish, nice features, I hope good resale value as I don't keep cars long. I have always consider the Vette a sissy car driven by middle aged men trying to be cool while holding their toupee in place. This car makes me reconsider my previous opinion as it is sophisticated, good looking and powerful. NOT the muscle car the Camaro is.
Favorite Features
None to speak of. Good, solid, well designed aerodynamic exterior. Comfy interior, intelligently designed t-top that is easy to remove and store. VERY nice handing though I doubt the tire life at the recommended 30 PSI. In all fairness to the Vette, I own both a 200 MPH Hayabusa and a Goldwing, so there is a dichotomy of preferences here. It is a Vette which is a "Goldwing" it is NOT a Camaro which is the Hayabusa. The Vette is for "grownups" which I am not yet at 57 years old.
Suggested Improvements
NOW the rub. The 21K Hyundai Sonata I owned came with BLUETOOTH and an Ipod jack. Are these 2007 features too much to ask in a list 54K Vette? ... Why should these basic items be "optional"? ...also, have you used "On-star" ... this is one sucky feature that I'll never subscribe too. They don't modulate at the same volume as your sound speaker so when you ask directions, not only will you wait 1-2 minutes then the YELL at you, as does the directions interrupt any conversation. (yes, I turned the automatic volume down) . The fact is, YELLING directions without a visual screen is the only downside to my new Vette. Paying for "On-Star would make me wonder about the intelligence on any owner.
By kwhale
on 04/06/13 15:07 PM (PDT)

I've owned two Corvettes of my own, shared ownership of another, worked on several more, and drive a ton of them. Calling classic American muscle like the Corvette not a muscle car compared to the baby brother Camaro is laughable. The base Corvette (with an automatic) has a faster 0-60 than even the SS Camaro, a faster quarter mile, is over 600 lbs lighter, with significantly better suspension and has better weight balance. And then there are the laughably worse drag numbers on the Camaro. And the Corvette gets better gas mileage while doing it. You want a race car? You buy a Corvette. You want an under-powered Dodge Challenger? You buy the Camaro.