Used 2010 Chevrolet Corvette GS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Fun at any speed
By Mack

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Had been wanting a Vette for years but was always concerned about quality. Test drove a Cayman but options took it over 70K. Recent reviews about GM getting serious about quality, the GS option and 0% drew me in. Great power, good clutch/trans relationship, clutch is not as heavy as I expected. The seats are as bad as all magazines state, brake dust is also an issue but the car is so much fun, it doesn't matter. I grin every time I start it. Chevy has done a very good job. quality is first rate, no rattles and not one problem. Decent sound system but not great. Just finished a road trip (1000 mi) great highway mileage. After many overseas performance cars, it feels good to buy American.

Targa top, bluetooth, dual mode exhaust, instant power, there is nothing like a V8. Highway ride and mileage is great. There is a grin factor associated with a Corvette that no BMW, Audi or Nissan can approach. Porsche comes very close but they are so expensive.

Power windows should go up automatically as well as down. USB/iPOD port. Ability to leave dual mode open. But better seats are the biggest needed improvement. Seats should also be cooled as well as heated. Chevy should keep in mind who the buyers are and what the competition has to offer.

The real deal
By jeff

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Took museum delivery of GS coupe which I would recommend. Driving back from Kentucky, I averaged 31 mpg while my wife said "it felt like a luxury car compared to my older vette". I now have it for 4 months and can say this car is impressive on all fronts. Acceleration is silly fast, cornering is flat and predictable while braking is spot-on. The interior is unbelievably roomy. the trunk space is similar to a town car. I find the seats comfortable and supportive. I like the interior too which is not as nice as a 911, but it's 20k less. Drove them both back to back thinking I was buying the 911 but the grand sport is a better car, period!

acceleration, cornering, audio system

radio reception

Pretty cool! Fat fenders & WIDE tires!
By sevargmt

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Corvette. I'm impressed with the car - better than any of the competition at a much cheaper price. Didn't realize the car would have such a cool factor. Good gas mileage, comfortable and rides reasonably well. If you order a Corvette one can go to the plant in Kentucky and watch your car assembled - I did and it was well worth the price. A once in a lifetime experience! The factory workers were nice and committed to building a quality car - more than one told me they wanted the car to be perfect for me. I'd do it all over again. The dual mode exhaust is a must have option - I upgraded mine with a aftermarket remote to open/close the valves at will. Very cool! Love my vette!

Love the Dual Mode Exhaust (sacrifice the $1800 GPS and buy the $1200 exhaust - buy a $100 Garmin GPS) and having the ability to remove the Targa top - convertible experience without a soft top. The keyless entry/start is way better than I expected - a very nice feature. The WIDE body looks GREAT!

I would like a *little* more sound deadening. The Bose stereo could use more bass and the seat lumbar (power on my car) doesn't quite hit my back in the right spot - and figure out something better than the HUGE airbag warning stickers on the sun visors.

A true GT Sports Car!
By Ray Davidson

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

One of the best sports cars I've owned. This is a true GT sports car. It has great performance and engineering, handle with any exotic, very good gas mileage, and yet you can daily commute with a smile on your face with each drive. GM has done a great job with the reliability of the Corvette. Become a student of Corvette history; it is an American world class icon in automotive and racing history. A Corvette is not a car for everyone; with this much power and handling comes "responsibility". With that said, those who have the wallet, and driving maturity to own a car like the Corvette will experience extreme driving pleasure. Always wave to other Corvette owners you're in a great club.

Extremely fast and powerful, great brakes, GS has incredible handling, good interior, good gas mileage for a car of this nature, great daily driver, very reliable, great combination of sports car and muscle car, awesome balance, excellent iconic styling, low, sleek, wide.

Nothing major. Be mindful of parking; that front chin air dam is low and you will need to be aware of this when parking. Seats could be better, but I am okay with the seats; Corvettes are all about the engine and lightweight body. Also learn the "art" of getting in and out of a low sports car.

Great sports car...
By Tulsaace33

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This has been so much fun compared to my BMW. Insurance is cheaper, more like a sports car and def. has the power!

Look of the GS, handling, and power.

Cooled seats would be nice but all other options are just perfect for this car.