Used 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

First Vette
By msm8221

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've own a lot of cars and for the money (I paid 45k -less tax) for a base after 6K discount from GM and 3K from dealer, this is a bargain compared to the SS/RS ragtop Camaro which has few incentives. @ 430 HP, it isn't a bone crusher and I'm sure the manual tranny SS Camaro will stomp it to death in a 1/4 mile. Nice fit-finish, nice features, I hope good resale value as I don't keep cars long. I have always consider the Vette a sissy car driven by middle aged men trying to be cool while holding their toupee in place. This car makes me reconsider my previous opinion as it is sophisticated, good looking and powerful. NOT the muscle car the Camaro is.

Favorite Features

None to speak of. Good, solid, well designed aerodynamic exterior. Comfy interior, intelligently designed t-top that is easy to remove and store. VERY nice handing though I doubt the tire life at the recommended 30 PSI. In all fairness to the Vette, I own both a 200 MPH Hayabusa and a Goldwing, so there is a dichotomy of preferences here. It is a Vette which is a "Goldwing" it is NOT a Camaro which is the Hayabusa. The Vette is for "grownups" which I am not yet at 57 years old.

Suggested Improvements

NOW the rub. The 21K Hyundai Sonata I owned came with BLUETOOTH and an Ipod jack. Are these 2007 features too much to ask in a list 54K Vette? ... Why should these basic items be "optional"? ...also, have you used "On-star" ... this is one sucky feature that I'll never subscribe too. They don't modulate at the same volume as your sound speaker so when you ask directions, not only will you wait 1-2 minutes then the YELL at you, as does the directions interrupt any conversation. (yes, I turned the automatic volume down) . The fact is, YELLING directions without a visual screen is the only downside to my new Vette. Paying for "On-Star would make me wonder about the intelligence on any owner.

Love it
By Dave

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Second C-6. Love the vehicle. The interior could use a face lift for a $60k car bt everything else is great. Someone asked about the dual mode exhaust. Either pull the fuse or buy a $60 gadget called "mild to wild". Replaces the fuse and allows you to open or close the damper from the homelink button.

Favorite Features

V-8 muscle care sound. Fast.

Suggested Improvements

Nice interior.

My New 2010 Corvette Coupe
By David Magen

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. The first, a 1979 bought new was beauty. Black w/ Oyster (white) interior, including steering wheel. It was a hot car car to own in my early 20's. The quality was terrible.It was very under powered My 2010 Velocity Yellow w/ebony interior so far is a delight. With the 430 h/p engine its as blistering fast as I can handle. While there are a couple flaws in the paint, run marks by the door handle openings. I love it. This is the first time I have a stereo upgrade- and I'm glad to have it. There is a fair amount of road and engine noise- a sweet noise though, and with the top (smoked clear pannel )off there is wind noise The quality of the stereo is welcome.

Favorite Features

Power of the engine seems to come up through the seat right into your body. Its a very satisfying car to drive

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality- for a car costing $60K and then another $850 premium for the color., the paint should be flawless, meaning no run marks.

1LT coupe
By Mahe

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Just got this car. ~1000 miles on. FUN TO DRIVE. Lots of power, easy to squeal the tires. Best bang for the buck. Got an auto trans, pretty good 6 speed, i think it does as good a job as a manual. Of course you always have the paddle shifters.

Favorite Features

Power and handling. nice ext design.

Suggested Improvements

had to replace a sensor the 2nd day of owning it! no error messages after that. hope it stays that way. Seats are a joke! absolutely no support for such a great car. interior looks like a 10k car!

Great Car
By pwscs

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great mileage and performance. Fastest car I have ever owned and would buy another one in a minute. 27and mpg highway and 22 in town. Fast and eye catching. Great job Chevy.

Favorite Features

Engine and finish

Suggested Improvements

None