2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
First Vette
By msm8221 on 05/30/11 03:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've own a lot of cars and for the money (I paid 45k -less tax) for a base after 6K discount from GM and 3K from dealer, this is a bargain compared to the SS/RS ragtop Camaro which has few incentives. @ 430 HP, it isn't a bone crusher and I'm sure the manual tranny SS Camaro will stomp it to death in a 1/4 mile. Nice fit-finish, nice features, I hope good resale value as I don't keep cars long. I have always consider the Vette a sissy car driven by middle aged men trying to be cool while holding their toupee in place. This car makes me reconsider my previous opinion as it is sophisticated, good looking and powerful. NOT the muscle car the Camaro is.

Love it
By Dave on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Second C-6. Love the vehicle. The interior could use a face lift for a $60k car bt everything else is great. Someone asked about the dual mode exhaust. Either pull the fuse or buy a $60 gadget called "mild to wild". Replaces the fuse and allows you to open or close the damper from the homelink button.

My New 2010 Corvette Coupe
By David Magen on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. The first, a 1979 bought new was beauty. Black w/ Oyster (white) interior, including steering wheel. It was a hot car car to own in my early 20's. The quality was terrible.It was very under powered My 2010 Velocity Yellow w/ebony interior so far is a delight. With the 430 h/p engine its as blistering fast as I can handle. While there are a couple flaws in the paint, run marks by the door handle openings. I love it. This is the first time I have a stereo upgrade- and I'm glad to have it. There is a fair amount of road and engine noise- a sweet noise though, and with the top (smoked clear pannel )off there is wind noise The quality of the stereo is welcome.

1LT coupe
By Mahe on 08/29/10 16:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Just got this car. ~1000 miles on. FUN TO DRIVE. Lots of power, easy to squeal the tires. Best bang for the buck. Got an auto trans, pretty good 6 speed, i think it does as good a job as a manual. Of course you always have the paddle shifters.

Fun at any speed
By Mack on 08/22/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Had been wanting a Vette for years but was always concerned about quality. Test drove a Cayman but options took it over 70K. Recent reviews about GM getting serious about quality, the GS option and 0% drew me in. Great power, good clutch/trans relationship, clutch is not as heavy as I expected. The seats are as bad as all magazines state, brake dust is also an issue but the car is so much fun, it doesn't matter. I grin every time I start it. Chevy has done a very good job. quality is first rate, no rattles and not one problem. Decent sound system but not great. Just finished a road trip (1000 mi) great highway mileage. After many overseas performance cars, it feels good to buy American.

The real deal
By jeff on 08/04/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Took museum delivery of GS coupe which I would recommend. Driving back from Kentucky, I averaged 31 mpg while my wife said "it felt like a luxury car compared to my older vette". I now have it for 4 months and can say this car is impressive on all fronts. Acceleration is silly fast, cornering is flat and predictable while braking is spot-on. The interior is unbelievably roomy. the trunk space is similar to a town car. I find the seats comfortable and supportive. I like the interior too which is not as nice as a 911, but it's 20k less. Drove them both back to back thinking I was buying the 911 but the grand sport is a better car, period!

Pretty cool! Fat fenders & WIDE tires!
By sevargmt on 07/20/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Corvette. I'm impressed with the car - better than any of the competition at a much cheaper price. Didn't realize the car would have such a cool factor. Good gas mileage, comfortable and rides reasonably well. If you order a Corvette one can go to the plant in Kentucky and watch your car assembled - I did and it was well worth the price. A once in a lifetime experience! The factory workers were nice and committed to building a quality car - more than one told me they wanted the car to be perfect for me. I'd do it all over again. The dual mode exhaust is a must have option - I upgraded mine with a aftermarket remote to open/close the valves at will. Very cool! Love my vette!

Great Car
By pwscs on 07/03/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great mileage and performance. Fastest car I have ever owned and would buy another one in a minute. 27and mpg highway and 22 in town. Fast and eye catching. Great job Chevy.

A true GT Sports Car!
By Ray Davidson on 06/19/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

One of the best sports cars I've owned. This is a true GT sports car. It has great performance and engineering, handle with any exotic, very good gas mileage, and yet you can daily commute with a smile on your face with each drive. GM has done a great job with the reliability of the Corvette. Become a student of Corvette history; it is an American world class icon in automotive and racing history. A Corvette is not a car for everyone; with this much power and handling comes "responsibility". With that said, those who have the wallet, and driving maturity to own a car like the Corvette will experience extreme driving pleasure. Always wave to other Corvette owners you're in a great club.

Great sports car...
By Tulsaace33 on 06/17/10 08:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This has been so much fun compared to my BMW. Insurance is cheaper, more like a sports car and def. has the power!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe in VA is:

$133 per month*