Scary fast, manual Z-51, NPP
By Ed on
2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
If you are looking for super car performance under 55k this is the right car. The sound of the exhaust with the NPP exhaust mode it's awesome. The car is willing to be launched and almost begging you to do it at every light. I like to launch the car when passengers don't expect it, they get scared lol! My wife's sunglasses came out flying out of her head one time. I got the z-51 manual and it is awkward at low speeds, awful to be driven in traffic. If you are getting a vette because of the looks only, get an automatic. A vette is a first class sports car so for me a manual gear box is the only proper option until they come up with some kind of real double clutch flappy paddles like Ferrari.
Favorite Features
Dual exhaust sound specially when going over 3000 rpm. My wife loves the removable roof; I don't care that much about it. The cyber gray metallic paint is pretty cool. No need to push buttons in the key fob to unlock the car and automatic locking while walking away. Performance of a super car.
Suggested Improvements
GM QC of little things like misaligned weather strips, rubber trunk stoppers missing, rattling noise from visor and targa roof may bother you. Better base stereo. For the next generation C7, more horses, rear mid engine, more carbon fiber, make it lighter and smaller. NO RETRO BULKY crap looks pls