2009 Cyber Grey Couple - 1LT, Z51, NPP
By Duckman on
2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
1st time ever owning a Vette. Have always wanted this icon. This car ROCKS! I have so much fun driving this. The acceleration blows me away (I love taking friends for a spin and pinning them to their seat while I jet on to the freeway!) and the car is pretty comfy and drivable (I drive 4x week to work). I avg about 21.5mpg, but tend to drive a shade less than 80 (it's hard not to speed; gotten it up to 95 once and still felt so smooth I barely noticed). Paid ~39.5k+ tax, etc (amazing how low these cars are going for now) and am absolutely thrilled with the car and the value I am getting. Like others, this car puts a smile on my face when I see it. You will not find a better value!
Favorite Features
-Stick shift -removable top -great looks (get used to hearing "nice car" all the time...) -Cyber Grey -Dual Mode Exhaust and Z51 are well worth the upgrades (though you do get a LOT of brake dust - as noted elsewhere) -deceptively large trunk space -MP3 CD player -tinted windows (after mkt)
Suggested Improvements
-USB port on stereo (though it does have AUX jack for ipod) -the drivetrain makes the center of the car get VERY hot. you won't get burned, but don't put candy in the center console or in the middle of the trunk -turning radius (a trade off w/ wider base) -make it stop attracting bird poop...:)