2009 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: My first Vette, worth the wait

2009 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

My first Vette, worth the wait
By Dave on

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 38 and this is my first Vette. I've loved Vettes since I saw the old C3's back in the 70s, and finally bought an 09 Coupe last year, I've had it for almost a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I'm worried about when its time to buy new tires! Yikes! $1-2K, but I love the fact that I can take this car anywhere (ritzy neighborhood, fancy restaurant, meeting new people, clients, friends) and it is immediately accepted and welcomed, usually they are impressed and jealous! And of course you always get a few looks wherever you go. I bought the LT1 because I just wanted to have a Vette, didn't need all the cool features, although it would be nice. I get about 20 mpg, not bad.

The power, the prestige of owning this American icon, the gorgeous looks of the automobile, the torque, and surprisingly, a decent amount of trunk room..I can't say it "changed my life", but I do love driving it and have absolutely no regrets on buying it, even tho I sometimes struggle to afford it!

Wish the tires weren't so expensive, and it takes a little getting used to being so low to the ground and wide, oil changes are kinda expensive, $70- $80. Kinda wish the body were a little like the curvy Vettes of the 70s. But hey, its a beautiful, gorgeous Vette, how can I complain?