Best of the four I have owned, by a mile!
By chugcatsts01 on
2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
I bought my 68 in 1969, the 87 in 89, 05[C6] in 07. All convertibles. This is my first coupe and the best yet. The LS3 must be underated, it is way quicker than the 05 LS2. The standard obtions are too many to list. Mine is the 6spd Auto standard rear. The arctic white w/beige int is stunning. Mine has the Z-51 pakage and rides better than my wifes 05 Cad STS Northstar. She is jealous, just like anyone who hasn't had A vette. I was a CUMMINS Engine Dealer and understand tourqe. It is hard to beleive how well the traction control works. I know Corvettes for 33 years, this was a great find w/11,200 pampered miles. At 69 YO I have never had trouble with one. No one tries you at a traffic light!
Favorite Features
The hands free calling gives a cell phone Carnegie Hall sound quality. I live in a concrete/ rebar Condo on the Gulf of Mexico and there ain't no cell owers in the gulf so when I want great reception in comfort I go down to the parking garage to have a pleasant coversation I go to the elevator and call from the vette. I must admit I only drive in dry weather [Fla. has some bad drivers], especially in the winter they are either lost tourists or folks to old to be driving. I am no kid either but this is easier to drive at night. Fuel mileage is great flat country at nearly sea level makes that sunshine even brighter. I dont miss the rag tops because after 40 years of outdoors rec ya get sun+
Suggested Improvements
Short and sweet, none!