Used 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

'09 Cyber Gray Z-51 6speed
By gtfldad

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What a toy! But only a toy...On the roads in the Northeast,especially after this winter, the roadways are more of an obstacle course. With Z-51 package, the ride can be jarring at times. The front airdam is way too low, but chaulk it up as an expendable item that can be replaced without big effort or bucks. I don't see reliability being an issue, as I've spoken with numerous of owners who have lots of seat time in their Vette with very encouraging feedback. Certain cunsumer magazines aren't consistant or accurate in their assessment of this car. It is fast, fun, iconic and efficient. I've had GTO's, Cobra's and a Grand Sport GSX. At age 57, I have the best of them all plus, plus plus

The LS-3, Dual Mode exhaust, Z-51 package, and the looks of this ride are outstanding.

Get rid of that 1-4 whiz kid of an idea to improve economy. It is dangerous and hinders the proper operation of this car. The $35.00 aftermarket fix shouldn't be the consumers solution. Also the Nav system is lower end and doesn't need to be. Screen is unreadable with the sun over your shoulder.

2009 Cyber Grey Couple - 1LT, Z51, NPP
By Duckman

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

1st time ever owning a Vette. Have always wanted this icon. This car ROCKS! I have so much fun driving this. The acceleration blows me away (I love taking friends for a spin and pinning them to their seat while I jet on to the freeway!) and the car is pretty comfy and drivable (I drive 4x week to work). I avg about 21.5mpg, but tend to drive a shade less than 80 (it's hard not to speed; gotten it up to 95 once and still felt so smooth I barely noticed). Paid ~39.5k+ tax, etc (amazing how low these cars are going for now) and am absolutely thrilled with the car and the value I am getting. Like others, this car puts a smile on my face when I see it. You will not find a better value!

-Stick shift -removable top -great looks (get used to hearing "nice car" all the time...) -Cyber Grey -Dual Mode Exhaust and Z51 are well worth the upgrades (though you do get a LOT of brake dust - as noted elsewhere) -deceptively large trunk space -MP3 CD player -tinted windows (after mkt)

-USB port on stereo (though it does have AUX jack for ipod) -the drivetrain makes the center of the car get VERY hot. you won't get burned, but don't put candy in the center console or in the middle of the trunk -turning radius (a trade off w/ wider base) -make it stop attracting bird poop...:)

FUN CAR -- POOR RELIABILITY
By SPAGHETTI

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Exceptional performance, terrific design, and fairly good overall comfort. It looks great, drives great and is most certainly a head turner. A superb bang for the buck. Unfortunately, Iíve seen my car more often on the service lift than in my garage. The navigation unit had to be replaced three times, and a very allusive grinding noise coming from the center of the car has kept the vehicle in the shop for multiple diagnoses and attempts at repair for many days. The problem is still not completely resolved. I look for the day when GM can manufacture a car that is just as reliable as Honda and Toyota. I only put up with these inconveniences because itís a Vette.

Design, performance, comfort. American muscle.

Build quality and reliability.

2009 Cyber Grey Coupe
By Mac McLaughlin

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best Vette I have had so far. I have owned a 68 conv, 03 conv, 06 3LT automatic coupe and now a Cyber Grey Coupe 1LT Z51 manual with Dual Mode Exhaust. Only thing I miss about the 3LT 06 is the seat memory, makes it alot easier to get in and out. All the other bells and whistles with the 3LT are a waste in my opinion. Opted for the solid colored roof over the see through, too hot for Florida. Manual tranny is the only way to go with the Vette. Great daily driver. I am getting around 18 mph overall, about 3 mpg less than the 06. Brakes don't squeak like the 06. Buy the Wheel/Tire warranty from dealer ..well worth it. Best buy out there, $4K rebate on existing 09's made me pull trigger.

Dual Mode Exhaust (Paired with the remote to turn on and off at will) is the coolest gadget. Sirius Radio is a must.

Hmm maybe make the side screens standard .. looks naked without them. Floor mats are also pretty cheesy.

A Dream come true
By LovemyVette

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I will start by saying WHAT A MACHINE ! This is my second Corvette, my first one was a 99 magnetic red and it was a great car. My new 09 blows it away. I knew it would be better than the 99 but never imagined how much better. It rides great, handles like a dream and the dual mode exhaust makes a noticeable difference in both sound and performance. The 3LT trim package with the Z51 option also well worth it. Every time I go to the garage and see my Vette sitting there it brings a huge smile to my face !

HUD display, dual mode exhaust, Bose system, Crystal red rocks !

The nav system not very user friendly and graphics can really use a makeover. My $150 garmin has much better graphics. With the nav system you don't get the Ipod interface.

• SUV