Used 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best of the four I have owned, by a mile!
By chugcatsts01

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 68 in 1969, the 87 in 89, 05[C6] in 07. All convertibles. This is my first coupe and the best yet. The LS3 must be underated, it is way quicker than the 05 LS2. The standard obtions are too many to list. Mine is the 6spd Auto standard rear. The arctic white w/beige int is stunning. Mine has the Z-51 pakage and rides better than my wifes 05 Cad STS Northstar. She is jealous, just like anyone who hasn't had A vette. I was a CUMMINS Engine Dealer and understand tourqe. It is hard to beleive how well the traction control works. I know Corvettes for 33 years, this was a great find w/11,200 pampered miles. At 69 YO I have never had trouble with one. No one tries you at a traffic light!

The hands free calling gives a cell phone Carnegie Hall sound quality. I live in a concrete/ rebar Condo on the Gulf of Mexico and there ain't no cell owers in the gulf so when I want great reception in comfort I go down to the parking garage to have a pleasant coversation I go to the elevator and call from the vette. I must admit I only drive in dry weather [Fla. has some bad drivers], especially in the winter they are either lost tourists or folks to old to be driving. I am no kid either but this is easier to drive at night. Fuel mileage is great flat country at nearly sea level makes that sunshine even brighter. I dont miss the rag tops because after 40 years of outdoors rec ya get sun+

Short and sweet, none!

My first Vette, worth the wait
By Dave

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 38 and this is my first Vette. I've loved Vettes since I saw the old C3's back in the 70s, and finally bought an 09 Coupe last year, I've had it for almost a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I'm worried about when its time to buy new tires! Yikes! $1-2K, but I love the fact that I can take this car anywhere (ritzy neighborhood, fancy restaurant, meeting new people, clients, friends) and it is immediately accepted and welcomed, usually they are impressed and jealous! And of course you always get a few looks wherever you go. I bought the LT1 because I just wanted to have a Vette, didn't need all the cool features, although it would be nice. I get about 20 mpg, not bad.

The power, the prestige of owning this American icon, the gorgeous looks of the automobile, the torque, and surprisingly, a decent amount of trunk room..I can't say it "changed my life", but I do love driving it and have absolutely no regrets on buying it, even tho I sometimes struggle to afford it!

Wish the tires weren't so expensive, and it takes a little getting used to being so low to the ground and wide, oil changes are kinda expensive, $70- $80. Kinda wish the body were a little like the curvy Vettes of the 70s. But hey, its a beautiful, gorgeous Vette, how can I complain?

Scary fast, manual Z-51, NPP
By Ed

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

If you are looking for super car performance under 55k this is the right car. The sound of the exhaust with the NPP exhaust mode it's awesome. The car is willing to be launched and almost begging you to do it at every light. I like to launch the car when passengers don't expect it, they get scared lol! My wife's sunglasses came out flying out of her head one time. I got the z-51 manual and it is awkward at low speeds, awful to be driven in traffic. If you are getting a vette because of the looks only, get an automatic. A vette is a first class sports car so for me a manual gear box is the only proper option until they come up with some kind of real double clutch flappy paddles like Ferrari.

Dual exhaust sound specially when going over 3000 rpm. My wife loves the removable roof; I don't care that much about it. The cyber gray metallic paint is pretty cool. No need to push buttons in the key fob to unlock the car and automatic locking while walking away. Performance of a super car.

GM QC of little things like misaligned weather strips, rubber trunk stoppers missing, rattling noise from visor and targa roof may bother you. Better base stereo. For the next generation C7, more horses, rear mid engine, more carbon fiber, make it lighter and smaller. NO RETRO BULKY crap looks pls

Best Car I've Owned
By sjambo

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm now 44 and this is the most amazing car I have ever owned - I wish I owned corvettes when I was younger. It has the speed, acceleration, style and it makes heads turn. My Z51 is not built for comfort but more on performance. I enjoy every minute of drive. I have only floored the accelerator once from 80 mph for about two seconds then I was right away at 115 mph - to tell you the truth I get nervous because of the speed and acceleration! This car is no toy and it needs a lot of getting used to. An equivalent car with this performance would cost you over 150 grand. Check the Youtube on Corvette vs Lamborghini, or vs Ferrari. The vette will easily outperform those luxurious cars!

Acceleration, speed and style! Overall I'm very satisfied and a very proud owner!

There is no Ipod or MP3 auxiliary connection to the sound system. The navigation is outdated and hard to read! Both seats have power but reclining it is manual. I only have 6K miles on but my driver leather seat is all wrinkled, and I'm only 170 lbs. This is typical for C6 Corvettes.

Best they've ever been
By Vette4Life

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely breathtaking. The performance so far outclasses any other domestic performance car. Mustangs, SRT8's, Trans Am's, big block Olds 442's and Buick Gran Sport 455's, I've owned them all and NONE come close to a new Corvette. 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, quarter mile in 12.1 and a top speed of 190 mph prove what a super car this is. Mine is stripped down for lighter weight, only a 1LT, F55, NPP car but I love it. I will always have a Corvette going forward. I'm only sorry that i waited until I was 50 to get it!

436 hp LS3 engine, F55 suspension and of course the NPP exhaust.

Give us a choice of tires, not a fan of run-flats.