2009 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Best of the four I have owned, by a mile!
By chugcatsts01 on 12/21/12 12:24 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 68 in 1969, the 87 in 89, 05[C6] in 07. All convertibles. This is my first coupe and the best yet. The LS3 must be underated, it is way quicker than the 05 LS2. The standard obtions are too many to list. Mine is the 6spd Auto standard rear. The arctic white w/beige int is stunning. Mine has the Z-51 pakage and rides better than my wifes 05 Cad STS Northstar. She is jealous, just like anyone who hasn't had A vette. I was a CUMMINS Engine Dealer and understand tourqe. It is hard to beleive how well the traction control works. I know Corvettes for 33 years, this was a great find w/11,200 pampered miles. At 69 YO I have never had trouble with one. No one tries you at a traffic light!

My first Vette, worth the wait
By Dave on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 38 and this is my first Vette. I've loved Vettes since I saw the old C3's back in the 70s, and finally bought an 09 Coupe last year, I've had it for almost a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I'm worried about when its time to buy new tires! Yikes! $1-2K, but I love the fact that I can take this car anywhere (ritzy neighborhood, fancy restaurant, meeting new people, clients, friends) and it is immediately accepted and welcomed, usually they are impressed and jealous! And of course you always get a few looks wherever you go. I bought the LT1 because I just wanted to have a Vette, didn't need all the cool features, although it would be nice. I get about 20 mpg, not bad.

Scary fast, manual Z-51, NPP
By Ed on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

If you are looking for super car performance under 55k this is the right car. The sound of the exhaust with the NPP exhaust mode it's awesome. The car is willing to be launched and almost begging you to do it at every light. I like to launch the car when passengers don't expect it, they get scared lol! My wife's sunglasses came out flying out of her head one time. I got the z-51 manual and it is awkward at low speeds, awful to be driven in traffic. If you are getting a vette because of the looks only, get an automatic. A vette is a first class sports car so for me a manual gear box is the only proper option until they come up with some kind of real double clutch flappy paddles like Ferrari.

Best Car I've Owned
By sjambo on 08/04/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm now 44 and this is the most amazing car I have ever owned - I wish I owned corvettes when I was younger. It has the speed, acceleration, style and it makes heads turn. My Z51 is not built for comfort but more on performance. I enjoy every minute of drive. I have only floored the accelerator once from 80 mph for about two seconds then I was right away at 115 mph - to tell you the truth I get nervous because of the speed and acceleration! This car is no toy and it needs a lot of getting used to. An equivalent car with this performance would cost you over 150 grand. Check the Youtube on Corvette vs Lamborghini, or vs Ferrari. The vette will easily outperform those luxurious cars!

Amazing Car
By drmdicarlo on 05/16/10 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is easily the finest car I have ever owned. Much better overall than my previous Porsche 911 or my Acura NSX. I absolutely cannot imagine another car being any more invigorating to drive. I am tall and I fit inside this car much better than the others as well. My only complaint is the lack of 6 way adjustable seats (I like more lumbar support).

Best they've ever been
By Vette4Life on 04/17/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely breathtaking. The performance so far outclasses any other domestic performance car. Mustangs, SRT8's, Trans Am's, big block Olds 442's and Buick Gran Sport 455's, I've owned them all and NONE come close to a new Corvette. 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, quarter mile in 12.1 and a top speed of 190 mph prove what a super car this is. Mine is stripped down for lighter weight, only a 1LT, F55, NPP car but I love it. I will always have a Corvette going forward. I'm only sorry that i waited until I was 50 to get it!

Awesomeness
By aecmew on 04/15/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is astounding. I'm amazed by it's performance. As a daily driver it feels like a regular car. On the track. It feels like a rocket. Out of the many sports cars I've driven. This is the most sublime. The track is its home but you'd never know it when driving it to work. Nav works good, sound system is good, overall ergo. Good.

'09 Cyber Gray Z-51 6speed
By gtfldad on 02/24/10 06:49 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What a toy! But only a toy...On the roads in the Northeast,especially after this winter, the roadways are more of an obstacle course. With Z-51 package, the ride can be jarring at times. The front airdam is way too low, but chaulk it up as an expendable item that can be replaced without big effort or bucks. I don't see reliability being an issue, as I've spoken with numerous of owners who have lots of seat time in their Vette with very encouraging feedback. Certain cunsumer magazines aren't consistant or accurate in their assessment of this car. It is fast, fun, iconic and efficient. I've had GTO's, Cobra's and a Grand Sport GSX. At age 57, I have the best of them all plus, plus plus

WOW! Worth the Wait
By orange vette on 02/09/10 02:29 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What a car. To find a different car that compares with the performance of this car would mean you would have to spend $150,000 dollars. The build quality is excellent. It is tight, no squeaks or rattles. It handles great. The acceleration is truly awesome, breath taking. This car is fun to drive. Styling turns head. Its very nice handling in town and a beast on the open road. My Vette has the NPP exhaust (dual-mode exhaust), Z51 Performance package, 6sp/man and 3LT pkg. Atomic Orange. The performance value of the Vette CANNOT be beat. It's a world class supercar. Hands down. And you will not have to spend world class price to own one. Lots of performance bang coupled with great styling. WOW

'08-Z06 to '09 Callaway
By WFO(selectively) on 01/19/10 08:25 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Competition Sport Spec Ed 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

All an individual has to do is test drive a current vette in any form to measure it up versus the other brands in it's class and the value is so remarkably apparent.Purchased a 'o8zo6 coupe and the bug of exhilaration hit me during the few thousand miles I put on it. I traded it in after six months as if the 505hp.7.0ltr didn't suffice. Had to go for a 580hp.t-top cyber-grey 6spd. callaway-vette with a super-charged 6.3l(LS3)Also, add the lightest road wheel available,some oversized brakes,short-throw shifter,sport seat package and multi-pro suspension system. You have a vehicle that equals the ZR1 in the quarter mile and is warrantied 3yrs/36000mile powertrain for much less dinero.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Corvette in VA is:

$149 per month*