2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Victory Red 2008 Z06

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Review

Victory Red 2008 Z06
By Greg on

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I told my son I was going to trade my 2004 Z06 Commemorative on a new base convertible and he said "Oh, man, don't sell that car. I love that car." He's a really good kid so I gave it to him (he's very happy), then started looking. I didn't know much about the C6, got a recommended dealer to send me a brochure, decided going from Z06 to base is not cool. He had a red one with 2LZ and a black one with 3LZ coming in within the next two months and I bought the red one. He took pictures of it being unloaded. It is awesome. I ran out of space in Suggested Improvements, so will add: Be sure you know what you get in 3LZ before you order it. I'm not too sure about that one for $3500.

The fender flares and the styling generally. I like the styling better than that of the C5. They seem to go angular-round-angular. I like angular. The performance was expected. The handling is better than adequate. The technology inside is like day and night relative to the 2004.

The paint still shows orange peel. Another reviewer mentioned the deck closing issue. It's best to open a door. Big soft pads will deposit a lot of dust but they have made a big improvement in the inner wheel surface material. Brake dust does not adhere (and show) like it did on the 2004.