2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: It's all about the performance

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

It's all about the performance
By mp on

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car strictly for the performance. It is not a daily driver for me. This is my first Vette. I test drove TT,335I, IS350, G35. The power of this car with NPP,Z51 and 6 speed manual is a rush. Nothing compares in this price range. I do think the seats could be more comfortable and I will replace the run flats with Pilot Sports when worn out. The targa top "pops" over large bumps. I've been told that is a common issue but easy to fix. When driving aggressively I sometimes have troulbe finding 3rd gear. Bought the Mild to Wild dual mode exhaust controller and run it open all the time. The sound is awesome. Overall very happy with it and can't wait to get back in it.

Favorite Features

6 speed, NPP exhaust and Z51. New rims for 08. Push button start. Being able to select competitive mode or turn off traction control. It does make a difference in acceleration. Be careful though!

Suggested Improvements

Lose the run flats. Better seats. Insulate center console better. It does get hot. Get rid of the packages and let people order options ala carte. I would have loved heads up display but did'nt want the extras with it. Lose the pain in the rear 1st to 4th shift.