2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Good God!

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Review

Good God!
By Bouree on

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had a Honda for transportation and a Harley for fun. My father had just bought an 04 convertible and I had my first drive in it two weeks ago. I got the bug. I test drove an 07 and didn't feel much more power than the 04. Plus the interior was cheesy. Drove the 08 LT1 and and when I punched it the first time, an involuntary expletive burst out of my mouth. I could not believe that this car was street legal. The LS3 engine is night and day from the LS2. Plus, the interior was much nicer. I couldn't wait for an LT2 or 3 and bought it that day. Run, don't walk to the dealership and get one of these. You won't regret it.

Favorite Features

Power, speed, styling & mileage (averaging 24 mpg in city / highway driving). Ride is not as rough as my buddy's Saleen, but rather tame on bumpy roads. This is the first time in as long as I can remember that I have driven in such and exhilerating auto.

Suggested Improvements

Base model is base, albeit nice. I wish there were more amenities with the base model, but let's be real. Where else can you spend $47,000 and have the comfort of knowing you can beat almost any car on the road.