Do I have a lemon
By RICHARD LEE on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)
I have been having constant problems with my new Z06.1. The automatic shift from 1st to 4th light does not comes on and off whether I am actually shifting from 1st to 4th. Sometimes the vehicle will not let me fill a full tank instead it only allows me to fill 1/2 a tank. My traction light comes on and off whenever it wants and it seems the rear end is slipping. When I make wide slow turns the steering wheel gets rock hard and I have to really hold it tight as if I didnt have power steering. When I pull my vehicle up to my drive way I hear the roof of the car crackling as if the roof is shifting. My power seat control went out the first week of owership and they had to replace it.
Favorite Features
I really do like the performance of the engine and how much power it has. I fell in love with the car when I saw the exterior of the vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
I think for a car this expensive the interior of the vehicle could need some vamping. I thought the seats were all made of leather but I found out part was leather and other vinyl. I thought the carbon fiber dash parts were real but rather it was imitation. Even the floor matts are low quality.